mall code isn't working... :(

Hints, favorite characters, and general discussion of the adventure game Fatal Hearts.
rivergenesis

mall code isn't working... :(

#1 Post by rivergenesis » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:02 pm

Ok, we're coming up on 1 hour of being unable to get into the phone store. I'm about ready do deinstall and go do something else, like pulling my toenails out or something...

I simply CAN*T solve this STUPID puzzle... oh, and the code doesn't work...

help?

hanako
Site Admin

#2 Post by hanako » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:55 pm

where did you get the code from?

If you got it somewhere other than this forum, it's quite possible the code you were given was wrong. :) In particular, there was one puzzle whose code number was misprinted - possibly this one, I don't remember exactly. Obviously, I fixed that on my version of the walkthrough, but other websites that copied the original guide (without asking) would not know that.

rivergenesis

but I got it here...?

#3 Post by rivergenesis » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:18 am

I got it from the guide downloaded over at the Secrets Forum. Code 545... it's not working. Is it misprinted? In that case, what's the real one?

hanako
Site Admin

#4 Post by hanako » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:55 pm

But that's *not* the code number that's written in the guide linked in the secrets forum, I just downloaded it again and checked. :) Unless you had a different forum account last year and just got a new one, you got the guide from somewhere else. And therefore, as I said, when the misprinted code was replaced (back at the beginning of January), the places that were hosting unofficial copies didn't know about it to fix it.

I'm only making a big deal out of this because some people have come in all upset that instructions they were given by completely random people on other message boards broke their games or gave them error messages, and blamed me for someone else telling them the wrong thing :) So I'm not trying to pick on you, I'm just trying to make a point about checking official info.

Download the guide from the official source, or even just read the thread about the guide that's in the secrets forum, because the answer to your question is printed in that thread. :)