Puzzles - what do you like?

Hints, favorite characters, and general discussion of the adventure game Fatal Hearts.
hanako
Site Admin

Puzzles - what do you like?

#1 Post by hanako » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:57 pm

As mentioned, I am *not* working on another game like this now. But if there were one, years in the future, what are your feelings on puzzles?

Do you like being challenged? (especially when you CAN skip it if you want to)

Do you want puzzles to be as easy as possible?

Do you hate puzzles and just want to read the story?

phoenixgirl

#2 Post by phoenixgirl » Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:48 am

Well, Fatal Hearts was the first game that I ever bought which had a lot of puzzles in it. But I liked the puzzles. I did think that some of them were pretty difficult, like the hospital maze (but that was only because I couldn't remember the route lol), but others were pretty good. There were a variety of puzzles, some requiring fast reflexes while others requiring more strategy.

I would be interested in seeing another game like Fatal Hearts. Maybe a different, more light-hearted storyline but with similar puzzles. I wonder if that's possible. :)
Please help and support me here.

C. Halleluyah

#3 Post by C. Halleluyah » Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:43 pm

(Wave) I'm new XD!

Yes, puzzle games are indeed fun. However the plot of Fatal Hearts is a bit grim for me. The puzzles... well, puzzles are meant to puzzle people, and I think Fatal Hearts did a good job with that. More puzzles like Fatal Hearts would be great! I do agree with above - a lighter plot would be awesome too :D!
Where utter nonsense lies.

FantasyFan

#4 Post by FantasyFan » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:53 pm

I enjoyed the puzzles a whole lot. I really liked the large variety - everything from Sudoku to retro arcade-style games to secret codes.

One thing, however. The puzzles that required extra research (such as the Book of Moses one) didn't quite hit it for me. It's not the sort of thing you feel like when you're playing the game at midnight. But it wasn't a big problem, since I could skip them.