Christina's Mother

Hints, favorite characters, and general discussion of the adventure game Fatal Hearts.
ark99k

Christina's Mother

#1 Postby ark99k » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:15 pm

Is there any ending in which you don't completely ditch her?
★Shining like a star!★

nightshadengale

Re: Christina's Mother

#2 Postby nightshadengale » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:17 am

In the Judas Kiss ending Lucy moves in with Christina and her mother (or at least it can happen--I'm not sure how much possible variation there is in each ending. I've seen people mention an ending where Elizabeth started dating Jeremy but I've never figured out how to get that variation despite unlocking all 14 endings, so there must be some.)

I don't specifically remember other mentions of her living with her mother, but there are several others where it wouldn't make any sense for her not to go back to her mother. Even most of the ones where she ends up neck-deep in supernatural affairs don't necessarily preclude going home. (Although for some I can't see that being more than a fake double life where she goes through the motions of living with her mother, which could still be considered "ditching her.")

The only ones I remember where it's clear that she ditched her mother are the ones where she either skips town or dies?

ark99k

#3 Postby ark99k » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:44 am

Didn't she end up moving in with Bastion in a few endings? I feel as if the mother is in the games just so we don't question why Christina lives alone, some brief character development (That lasts for about a minute), and a reason to add in another puzzle. Although, she does get more screen time on Randy's path. I just don't like how a decent amount of endings result in Christina leaving town, dying, or becoming a vampire, because in all of those ending types the game says (or at the very least infers) she doesn't go home. Her mother never finds out what happened to her only daughter. While we're on that subject, do you think that the mom would investigate Christina's death? Would she try to track down her missing daughter? Or maybe she would only seal off her daughter's old bedroom and spare her a mournful thought once in a while. Every time I played this game I wondered how your choices would affect Christina's mother.
*Thinking too hard about a game*
★Shining like a star!★

nightshadengale

#4 Postby nightshadengale » Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:34 am

I don't think there's enough information in the game about vampires to say definitively that it'd prevent one from pretending to be human if one so desired.

In Jeremy's ending at the very least, I can see both of them sort-of going back to their former lives for a while--possibly because with the focus on knowledge in that path it seems weird to me that they wouldn't finish school before taking over the world. With Bastian the whole immortal-hermit-lovers thing seems more plausible, but I don't think it's inconceivable she'd go back to visit her mother, especially not if vampire magic includes mind-affecting abilities that would make her mother forget that there's something wrong with her not living at home anymore.

Return to “Fatal Hearts”