wolfriemen

Hints, favorite characters, and general discussion of the adventure game Fatal Hearts.
wadey25

Re: Fatal Hearts Strategy Guide

#1 Post by wadey25 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:39 pm

can not figure out what wolfriemen means,plz help!![

hanako
Site Admin

#2 Post by hanako » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:01 pm

wadey25 wrote:can not figure out what wolfriemen means,plz help!![
Take a look at

http://hanako.informe.com/viewtopic.php?t=72

:D

christina_robinson

answer

#3 Post by christina_robinson » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:43 pm

if you want the answer highlight below
wolfbelt

hope that helped
:D :) :D :)

reneejarylle

#4 Post by reneejarylle » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:00 am

Only a comment:
"Wolfriemen" is not a german word. That was the reason why I couldnt solve the riddle, as a German. The correct word for belt is "Gürtel". :o)

jadzia1182

#5 Post by jadzia1182 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:07 am

Actually, I was able to translate Wolfriemen using the Google translator from german to english, and got the right answer. So, the word is, in fact, German...

hanako
Site Admin

#6 Post by hanako » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:08 am

Actually speaking a language can confuse matters when faced with puzzles designed by someone who doesn't, yes. :)

As best as I can tell, the word 'riemen' translates to either belt or straps ('wolf strap' will also work to pass the puzzle). It's possibly not the most common word for it, but it's used because it has the interesting effect of looking like "wolfrie" "men" in English - wolfy men, wolfmen. That, combined with the way the cult's language usage has evolved over time (the cultists are not German, after all, only Bastian and Eric are) is why they use a strange word that may not quite make sense in proper German.

But the word does seem to be in use in actual German, I didn't just go by babelfish. Web and image searches for 'riemen' do show belts.

The term 'Wolfsriemen' also DOES show up in old German legends. The cultists have just lost the s.