Favorite/True ending

Hints, favorite characters, and general discussion of the adventure game Fatal Hearts.

Which is your fave ending? Or which do you think is the true one?

Held in Trust
7%
Foretold
6%
Pyrrhus
No votes
Hopeful Future
42%
Fresh Start
9%
New Order
17%
Judas Kiss
11%
Crossfire
2%
Other (do tell!)
5%

Total votes: 96

lill_sweetty

Favorite/True ending

#1 Post by lill_sweetty » Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:11 pm

I saw someone asking Hanako about what is the "true ending" for the story. Of course, Hanako said it depends on your perspective. Therefore, I would like to ask:

Which is your favorite ending? Or which do you think is the "true" ending?

Feel free to vote in the poll, but I'd like to hear why you think so too. By the way, I didn't add the really gloomy, unwrapped up endings like "Drowning," "Childhood", and "Runaways" because it doesn't really wrap up the story. Plus, the poll system won't let me... I added the other "tragic" endings, though, because at least they wrap up the story. And who knows, maybe some of you like tragic endings like Romeo and Juliet.

I have an idea that a lot of people are going to lean towards a certain ending, but let's see....

------------
So here goes. My personal favorite, "true" ending would be "New Order."

Reasons are simple. I've played the game all through 14 endings, and I have to say that one takes the cake for me.

1. It shows Christina as a very likable and strong heroine. She fought her destiny in a way, because she refuses to become Bastian's bride (or at least to stop the ceremony.) She stays true to herself by the fact that she doesn't let the man get killed.

2. The bloodshed ends. Obviously, a lot of things will also have to be worked out, but the main idea is that Bastian and her are now equals, and they're going to work in out with the wolfrieman.

3. I also like it because it shows Christina is Christina, though she might have Kirsten's memories and is one of "Kirsten reborn" (Is it just me or is the Christina in the Hopeful Future ending doesn't seem to realize that she doesn't have the dreams because of the Sight but because she is -one- of the Kirsten reborn?) For some odd reason, I found Kirsten to be very weak. Always afraid Sebastian will leave. She's suspicious of Sebastian. She, having Sebastian's heart but also being part of the commoners, could've stopped the fight at the end from ever happening. But she doesn't do that. Christina does, which shows Christina is NOT Kirsten, but herself. And the Christina that stops the bloodshed-yeah, she's pretty awesome.

4. Christina seem to really like Bastian, because of his never-ending love, and understand he's a kind person. NOT just because she's Kirsten reborn. For Bastian's part, I think that she has Kirsten's memory, but like he said, he's changed, and as much as he wants Christina to be Kirsten, Christina isn't, as she's a lot stronger. And for me, I think what he needs is a stronger person (aka. Christina) to help him through the 21st century. NOT the weak person Kirsten was. For Bastian's part, I think he also realizes that, as he now treats Christina as an equal. The lies stop.

4. I don't like Randy or Katie. Well...I do think Randy's pretty cute, especially when he started talking about him being "Shaggy" and the gang "the Scooby-doo gang." lol. But I think there wasn't THAT much chemistry between them? Or is it just me? Maybe I think that Randy can't really love like Bastian if Christina got with Randy. I mean, Bastian's love for Kirsten withstood time and space. (Sure, it ends pretty sadly, since neither Christina and Katie is REALLY Kirsten, but at least it shows if he loves another person, his love will always be like that.) Can Randy's? As for Katie...I don't like her. I find her as weak as Kirsten (I really like strong females, don't I?) I mean, she was sick, yeah, and her future is grim, but she could've not succumbed to it as much. And the way she opened up that locket to show the blank images, saying she was always wanting the perfect romance makes me sick. It's like Rapunzel or Cinderella always standing there waiting for their Prince Charming. I know she's sick...but still, it feels as if she's using the sickness as an excuse. Like she believes if she gains romance, everything else will take care of itself.

------------------

That's my rant. Please tell me your thoughts, as I'm really curious as to why others find Katie and Bastian and Randy with Christina a really good couple!

phoenixgirl

#2 Post by phoenixgirl » Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:40 am

Oohh cool topic. :)

Let's see. I voted for Hopeful Future, although I really wanted an ending with Christina and Jeremy without, well, you know what happening. (I'd say more but I don't want to spoil it for those who haven't gotten that ending yet.)

Anyway, I can see the argument on why Bastian and Katie may not necessarily have been the best pairing. However, I must admit that I didn't like the Foretold ending (I believe that's where Bastian and Christina end up together). The events that happened to get that ending made me think that Christina just let herself become a vampire. I mean, if it were me, I would have stood up to Bastian and told him that I'm not Kirsten and I can never be her 100%. If he wants to know me, though, don't make me into a vampire but rather just get to know me, etc. lol (Ok, yeah, that sounds a bit silly but oh well.)

Now as to why I liked the Christina and Randy pairing the best, I suppose I just liked the ending. Christina took charge and made her own decisions and such. She didn't let herself be controlled by others. Although Christina does make the jealous comment about love at the end, well, she is still a teenager and those thoughts can change. :wink:

And as for Christina and Tim being together, it seemed a bit weird to me. :P
Please help and support me here.

Testsquid One

#3 Post by Testsquid One » Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:33 am

phoenixgirl wrote:Oohh cool topic. :)

Let's see. I voted for Hopeful Future, although I really wanted an ending with Christina and Jeremy without, well, you know what happening. (I'd say more but I don't want to spoil it for those who haven't gotten that ending yet.)
Well, while it's vaguely possible that a certain other person would let it happen in a nicer way (but I somewhat doubt that), it's pretty clear that Jeremy would expect interference unless he did something about it first... not to mention that he wants very much to share power with his lover, not just settle down to a mundane life...
Anyway, I can see the argument on why Bastian and Katie may not necessarily have been the best pairing. However, I must admit that I didn't like the Foretold ending (I believe that's where Bastian and Christina end up together). The events that happened to get that ending made me think that Christina just let herself become a vampire. I mean, if it were me, I would have stood up to Bastian and told him that I'm not Kirsten and I can never be her 100%. If he wants to know me, though, don't make me into a vampire but rather just get to know me, etc. lol (Ok, yeah, that sounds a bit silly but oh well.)
Well, there are often times when we get dragged along by events and then realize a few days later that the decisionset might not have been the brightest...

And as for Christina and Tim being together, it seemed a bit weird to me. :P
Why?

lill_sweetty

#4 Post by lill_sweetty » Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:27 am

I mean, if it were me, I would have stood up to Bastian and told him that I'm not Kirsten and I can never be her 100%. If he wants to know me, though, don't make me into a vampire but rather just get to know me, etc. lol (Ok, yeah, that sounds a bit silly but oh well.)
lol. I think exactly like you. It's actually a lil strange that I agree with all your points. I think that she took charge in Hopeful Future, but I also think she did in New Order. And in THAT one, she didn't become a vampire, but agreed to help Bastian and promoted peace between the groups. The only thing I didn't like about it is that she didn't tell Bastian she wasn't Kirsten-reborned. But I felt Christina's character in that one was strong like in Hopeful Future. ^^ I actually like both, just a bit more partial to Christina x Bastian, so.... But do remember there were two Christina and Bastian endings! One called Foretold, where she became his bride without a fight, and New Order, where she promotes peace between the two groups without the ceremony. Just for the record, I liked New Order a lot more. For the life of me, I wouldn't pick Foretold, as it's a never ending darkness, even with your love. I'd rather have Drowning. Though the pic for that one was truly gorgeous...In fact, I like most of the Bastian x Christina pictures. That's another reason why I'm partial to the pairing.

I actually really liked Jeremy. In the beginning. Then...well, all the things that he does. It's actually scary how bloody and unfeeling he is. I get the feeling all he wants is her power...I mean, the description at the end when they get together about the bloody strings of death...*shivers* I get the feeling Jeremy provoked Christina to do that. But really, Jeremy's too MUCH of a gentleman. I was fond of him, but not anymore.
Well, there are often times when we get dragged along by events and then realize a few days later that the decisionset might not have been the brightest..
There are often times when we get pulled along by events, and I've done really stupid things before, but I feel that the natural reaction even then, and the conscious reaction, could've been some sort of resistance. It's one thing to do something wrong, or something stupid, because one doesn't think, but another to just let go and get pulled down by the streams. Only a weak person would react weakly, whether they're doing it naturally or consciously. In Foretold, I got the idea Christina was just waiting for something to happen to her. She let herself become a vampire. So I agree with Phoenix girl. I didn't like Christina in Foretold.

emichan

#5 Post by emichan » Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:30 pm

lucy is the true ending because she's the one that really cares, everybody else is only nice to you as long as you're on their side but they'll kill you if you get in the way. lucy will never hurt you and will try to help you even if you don't love her.

infinity777

#6 Post by infinity777 » Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:11 pm

I chose the Hopeful Future ending because Christina is a stronger character in this ending. In this ending Christina makes her own decisions, and she does not let the cult or the wolfmen make her decisions for her, and she never lets her position as Kristen reborn control her. Also, in this ending I believe there was a stronger resolution (and I will debate this after I play the game again). In this ending, Katie finds happiness, whereas in the other endings she (presumably) dies in the hospital. Also, there is no bloodshed in this ending. There's also no bloodshed in the New Order ending, which leads me to...

I also like the New Order ending, but I believe that this one was stronger, because Christina makes more of her own decisions. Although I don't really like the Randy/Christina pairing... I believe that Lucy cares the most about Christina.

Yume

#7 Post by Yume » Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:12 am

I don't really love love any particular ending, lol. But I'll choose based on what I believe is most believable and endearing.

I chose New Order because it seemed really complete. And to me it was more hopeful than Hopeful Future. Lol. Bastian with Katie is just weird to me. Katie's reasoning was...odd. ^^" Though I do like Randy and Christina together, either way works for me~ And as mentioned, Christina takes charge which is great. She should take an active role.

The other endings...such as Christina becoming a vampire - I didn't like it. XD" Like nooo, one side of the story only.

Then the later ones where Christina attacked Bastian with the gang (and possibly got herself killed) felt incomplete to me too. I suppose the main point is that you only hear one side of the story. ^^"

And there's the ones where she ends up with Lucy. Hm, the couple is alright for me. However, they were running away from it all. I would love Christina to face up to it. XD" The times where Lucy becomes really weak bugged me a bit, but on the flipside Christina becomes stronger. Complementation?

lill_sweetty

#8 Post by lill_sweetty » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:35 pm

Lol. I guess there's no such thing as a "perfect" ending?

Lucy annoyed me in some of the endings, to tell you the truth. I mean, I know it's a shock, but she got rather weepy and whiny. And the endings in which Lucy and Christina were together (runaways and fresh start) weren't that great. They practically ran away and we never gets to know how the story ends. But I think all of the endings are rather one-sided, as in New Order, you see more of the cult then the wolfriemen. In Hopeful Future, you see more of the wolfriemen in the cult. Guess that makes the game more re-playable?

mistyrosemon86

#9 Post by mistyrosemon86 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:09 am

I like the tim and jeremie endings.there my my fave guys in the game. who doesn't like a guy nice to to offer to build ya your own arcade(k u get him in that ending but) :lol: . and a wolf a boy leader for a boyfriend. :) :oops: :)

phoenixgirl

#10 Post by phoenixgirl » Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:42 am

Let's see if I can address some additional points. :)

Now on why I liked Jeremy (initially, that is), it is because he's the gentleman-type. I tend to fall for those. lol But anyway, I do agree that later on, he becomes power-hungry and all that. I do wish there could have been a way for Christina to convince Jeremy not to want power and instead fight for love (now the romantic in me).

I do agree that Christina is a strong character in New Order, too. I suppose I like Hopeful Future a bit more because it looks like there's a greater possibility that Christina can have a normal life afterwards (with Randy)-as if there are any normal endings in FH. lol I don't really see that with New Order. Like I wonder-Does Christina live with Bastian afterwards? Does she never get to go home with her mom? If she does get to go home, can Bastian still be a part of her life? If so, how can she explain to her mom? (Ok, I'm asking too many questions here. lol)

Finally, regarding on the Tim pairing, I don't know. Just seems a bit odd to me. Now I know that some girls fall for the bad boy type (that's how Tim seemed to me). However, Christina doesn't seem like the type who would (or would she?).
Please help and support me here.

mistyrosemon86

#11 Post by mistyrosemon86 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:03 am

Finally, regarding on the Tim pairing, I don't know. Just seems a bit odd to me. Now I know that some girls fall for the bad boy type (that's how Tim seemed to me). However, Christina doesn't seem like the type who would (or would she?).[/quote]

I don't think of Tim as a bad boy type. I would say he has has angst seeing as what happened to his dad. [/quote]

CaptainGame

#12 Post by CaptainGame » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:26 pm

You know.... I kinda wish that there was an ending where Lucy and Christina stood up to the opposing forces together.... as it's been said, all the Lucy endings are sort of weak, and end indecisively.

emichan

#13 Post by emichan » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:37 pm

i guess the problem is that christina is the main character but lucy's the one who knows what's going on so if she comes up with a plan to fight her parents and stop the cult it would really be her in control and not Christina so it wouldnt work in the game...

... so you should write a fanfic of lucy renting a bulldozer and knocking down the mansion :)

CaptainGame

#14 Post by CaptainGame » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:42 pm

You know, a Fatal Hearts RP would kick ass.

FantasyFan

#15 Post by FantasyFan » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:32 pm

Well, I guess I like bloodshed more than most others, because I'm kinda partial to the first ending I got, the "Bloodshed" or "Blood Reject" ending (Ending Number 2, where Christina follows Jeremy's path until the very end, where she stops everything by killing the entire clan and herself). I liked that ending because it's dark and creepy, but it doesn't make Christina the victim. Yes she dies, but she's very much in control. It also makes Christina into a very strong character. She's suffered betrayal by someone she thought she loved, but she rises above it and does what needs to be done. She won't let anymore innocents die.

At the risk of being beaten to a pulp, I also love the "Fresh Start" ending where Christina and Lucy are together as a lesbian ( :D ) couple. Yes, it's a bit incomplete, but that's part of the beauty of it. Sometimes our own life stories are incomplete and all we want to do is get away from them. I totally disagree with the notion that Lucy is weak. She's funny, enthusiastic, and adventrous. The fact that she wants to run away and starts crying later on doesn't change this - it makes her more real. Don't forget that she's a fifteen-year-old who's learned that her parents are murderers serving a vampire. That's something really tough on her.

Personally, I REALLY don't like the ending where Bastian ends up with Katie. I know, the strategy guide says he'd be happy with either of them, but it doesn't feel right to me. All we have to connect Katie with Kirsten is that she looks like her. Christina's the one with Kirsten's memories. Besides, I don't buy that both Katie and Randy are suddenly ready to accept that she's going to become a vampire.