Strategist

For hints and discussions on Cute Knight and Cute Knight Deluxe.
Spazzbunny

Strategist

#1 Post by Spazzbunny » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:05 pm

So this is the only ending I have left on this game. I thought I'd be able to walk away from it, but months later I'm still scratching my head at what I'm doing wrong. I usually rotate between working at the Inn as a maid and washing window at the Church. At the beginning of the game, I usually work at the Library about 5-7 times in order to help boost my Mind stat. Sometimes, not even that. Other than that, I don't go there. I've also started to avoid working at the Shop due to getting the Shop Worker ending too many times. I typically try to use the highest weapon available when training. Last time I tried doing it by using the Magical Mop, but I ended up as a Library Worker still. I don't use cheats. This is the newer version of the game. If you have any other questions, then please do ask them.

I just really want to get this ending. >.<

Amphigorey

#2 Post by Amphigorey » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:15 am

I think the problem might be your dream-- Strategist needs 100+ dream, and shop and library worker are low dream endings IIRC.

Spazzbunny

#3 Post by Spazzbunny » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:05 pm

No. My dream is always maxed out. That's another thing that has been confusing me, since I was aware that those were low dream endings.

Amphigorey

#4 Post by Amphigorey » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:19 pm

Spazzbunny wrote:No. My dream is always maxed out. That's another thing that has been confusing me, since I was aware that those were low dream endings.
Oh, okay :oops:

The only other thing I can think of is checking your results.t file. This post from a different forum might be helpful, though:
This is the safe way but quite boring. I chose the fourth month as my birthday (this is not important). Spend 1year and two months working in all job, basically I rotate inn (maid), shop (move boxes), library (shelves book), church (either for sleeping at first or for washing window or for taming). Sleeping is also rotated between inn (work for sleeping place) and church (so that I won't be at the church too much).

In between when I have enough money I take crafting class (about 4-5, not over 130 skill), 1-2 exercise. I work at the stable until I got taming at 50, then stop. Pickpocket once in a while (about 4-5 times in total) and after that I either work at the church or spend Yule time there to reduce the sin. After the first year, since I was born in Fourth month, mean that the next fourth month (19 year old) I craft items, sold and take fighting classes + 2 math classes. When the school closed down (sixth month), I have enough skill to go explore at the dungeon. In there I only go around a litttle, mostly to kill time without have to work much. To avoid meeting monster, I stand at one place and keep turning around (10 turns = 1 day), or just walk around a few rooms. When meeting monster, mostly I tame them (no sin).

Get bored then go back up and go play at the festival (like go fight the knight, of course lost, or go to the square and see the trader). I sing once or twice at the square. Then the last two years only spend on taking math and fighting classes, dotting with dance and about 3 magic classes in between.

The final marks are:
strength 80 stamina 120 crafting 124 charm 87 luck 89 magic 40 spell 60 taming 50
combat 352 weapon 162 mind 260 cleaning 75 cooking 10 brewing 10
dream 150 sin 0 xp 8-110
EDIT: Oops, wrong link XD

Spazzbunny

#5 Post by Spazzbunny » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:23 am

Aaah! Thank you! My computer epic failed at attempting to open the result.t file, so I tried out some of those tips. Mostly I waited until the end to just max out my fighting stat, like that one suggested, though I raised mind fairly quickly at the beginning. I ended up avoiding the library all together though, and mostly spent my time as a maid since that's an ending which requires pretty low dream to get, even if you try to get it on purpose. ^^ I'm so happy though. I can finally move onto another game!