Original Cute Knight on Vista/7

For hints and discussions on Cute Knight and Cute Knight Deluxe.
Scrappi

Cute Knight and Windows 7

#1 Postby Scrappi » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:11 am

Hello: I bought the original Cute Knight some time ago. It may have been from either Amaranth Games or Arcade Town. Back then we had Windows XP and the game worked fine. That PC died around September and I finally saved enough money for a new PC. It is a Windows 7 PC. I downloaded the Cute Knight game. When I try to open and play it I get am error message. Something about it not being compatible with the PC. Can someone please help? Is there a way to play the game using Windows Seven? Thank you.

hanako
Site Admin

#2 Postby hanako » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:15 am

I don't actually have a copy of Windows 7 so I am not 100% sure what problems it can cause. However, it's supposed to be mostly like Vista and the game can be played on Vista (provided it's the most recent version of the game and not the original release) so hopefully it should work.

Can you tell me what the error message you get says?

Does it refuse to work when you download the current demo direct from my site?

Do the other games on the site work for you or do they also give you errors?

Sorry to have to pester you with a bunch of questions but I don't know what the problem is yet, so hopefully I'll be able to track it down.

Scrappi

Cute Knight

#3 Postby Scrappi » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:57 pm

The Cute Knight game I have is not the Deluxe or Knigdom. It is the one that is only named Cute Knight. I bought it from either Arcade Town or Amaranth Games. Does that game have an update that allows it to play on Windows Seven? I looked at the Hanako website and did not see the version I have listed. It only has the Deluxe and the Kingdom versions. I will try to get that message and post it here. Thank you for the help.

hanako
Site Admin

#4 Postby hanako » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:04 pm

We mostly advertise the Deluxe version, but the non-Deluxe one still exists, and there was an update for it to run on Vista (therefore hopefully the updated version runs on 7) - look here for the current demo:

http://www.hanakogames.com/knight.shtml
Last edited by hanako on Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scrappi

Original Cute Knight

#5 Postby Scrappi » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:04 pm

I just looked and it says incompatible application. Is there anything that I can do to be able to play my game? Thank you.

Scrappi

Game Cute Knight

#6 Postby Scrappi » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:14 pm

I downloaded the original game from that link you gave me. The only option it gives is to buy the game. I already bought it from a different website. I am pretty sure I kept the emails from the buy. How can I get into the game to play it? Thank you.

hanako
Site Admin

#7 Postby hanako » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:22 pm

The point of downloading the demo there was to see if it works on your computer, which you haven't said yet! :) Play the demo and see if it will play. I'm not sure what you mean by the "only option".

If it does work, then if you send your receipt to support@hanakogames.com I can send you a download link for the updated version.

Scrappi

Game

#8 Postby Scrappi » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:50 pm

What I ment by option was that some games hay a code or key to unlock the full version. I already paid for the original game. OH and I just tried that demo and it did work. I was able to play it. The only part that didn't work on the demo was using the F10 key. Thank you for helping.

Scrappi

Game

#9 Postby Scrappi » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:15 pm

Okay I will go to my email and get the one that is needed and send it to the support. Thank you.

Scrappi

Game receipt

#10 Postby Scrappi » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:26 pm

Hello: I tried to use that support mail link and it doesn't work. Where can I send the proof? Thank you.

hanako
Site Admin

#11 Postby hanako » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:03 pm

If sending an email to support@hanakogames.com (if you're copy-pasting that into your mail program, make sure the "mailto:" bit doesn't get accidentally copied - forum software puts that bit in automatically) doesn't work for you, you can paste your receipt (including what email address you bought from) to me in a PM.

Scrappi

Game

#12 Postby Scrappi » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:52 am

Okay PM sent. Thank you.

yong-i7

#13 Postby yong-i7 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:05 am

Thank you for posting and sharing!!Like the forum!!!
It was a good kinda forum!
downloaded the Cute Knight game.
God Bless!!!make money online

Return to “Cute Knight”