Differences between Original and Deluxe versions

For hints and discussions on Cute Knight and Cute Knight Deluxe.
hanako
Site Admin

Differences between Original and Deluxe versions

#1 Post by hanako » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:58 pm

The Deluxe version contains completely new graphics for all the endings and monsters, as well as many other graphical enhancements. If you have unlocked all the endings in the original, you will have to reach them all again in Deluxe to see the new pictures.

The Wizard's Challenge has been changed so that now half the time you play your card first and your challenger responds, and half the time they play their card first and you respond. This means you can look at their card and try to find the strongest possible card to play against it. So if you have all the cards and you learn which cards beat which other cards, you have a much better chance of winning.

Many people noticed that the balltoss game at the festival was rigged - it was impossible to win! This was intentional. The man running the game is cheating you. Didn't your parents always tell you never to waste your money on crooked fair games? However, in the Deluxe version it is possible to catch him cheating if your skills are high enough. This is the only way to receive your mysterious magical prize - but we're not telling you what that prize does just yet!

There is a new special quest with Jareth which can lead to a new ending - but if you're not careful you'll just end up in more trouble!

And since everyone asked for it, it is now possible to reunite the separated mother and son if you complete all the steps necessary for both endings.

---

If you bought the original version of the game, you can upgrade your copy to Deluxe for only $5, the difference in cost between the two versions. Forward a copy of your order receipt to support at hanakogames.com in order to receive a custom purchase URL.
Last edited by hanako on Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ariel Schnee

Re: Differences between Original and Deluxe versions

#2 Post by Ariel Schnee » Wed May 23, 2007 4:33 am

hanako wrote:If you bought the original version of the game from hanakogames directly, you can upgrade your copy to Deluxe for only $5, the difference in cost between the two versions. Forward a copy of your order receipt to support at hanakogames.com in order to receive a custom purchase URL.
I'd like to, but I deleted that e-mail long ago.:(

Ariel Schnee

#3 Post by Ariel Schnee » Wed May 23, 2007 4:35 am

Do the cheat codes work in the deluxe version?

hanako
Site Admin

#4 Post by hanako » Wed May 23, 2007 7:47 pm

Well, if you have a good idea of when you ordered, what name you ordered under, and what payment method you used, I may be able to find it in the records anyway. Feel free to email owner at hanakogames with information.

Alternately you can go for the fanfiction/fanart contest to try and win a free copy. Look in the fan works forum.

And yes, cheat codes still work. (In fact, there's a few more things you can tweak in the Deluxe version than in the original... All the monster graphics are external now so if you WANTED to and you fooled around with the files enough, you could replace the monster images with pictures of people or add new monsters or all sorts of silly things. I mention this only because I'm sure someone somewhere would find it funny to be able to make their math teacher into a monster.)

Megan

#5 Post by Megan » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:57 am

Cute Knight Deluxe has great new graphics :)

Though unfortunately I couldn't buy the game, I can't order online O_O

hanako
Site Admin

#6 Post by hanako » Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:55 pm

The Deluxe version is also available in some stores in the US - Best Buy is the one I know about, there may be more.

Mirk

iWin version

#7 Post by Mirk » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:40 am

Is there any possible way to stop the iWin template from popping up in the Deluxe version I purchased at BestBuy? It causes just a few problems.

Wish you just offered physical copies through this website <<whistles>>

Much rather buy them that way.

hanako
Site Admin

#8 Post by hanako » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:40 pm

Yeah, but I can't. Contracts. Legal stuff. :) Getting to retail when you're just one person is hard!

(Well, technically, you can choose the 'backup CD' option when buying from BMT Micro and they'll send you a CD copy for $10 extra but it's just a plain CD. That's not considered to be the same thing as a nice box copy so it's allowed.)

Mirk

#9 Post by Mirk » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:26 pm

Hmm... I may just be tired but is the BMT Micro you mentioned here?

I just looked through and couldn't even find a listing for Cute Knight or other related games...

If I overlooked it I apologize in advance.

hanako
Site Admin

#10 Post by hanako » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:22 pm

Just order from my site, it goes through BMT Micro.

I'm not listed in their catalog because you pay extra for that. :)