Sequel Wishlist

For hints and discussions on Cute Knight and Cute Knight Deluxe.
HanakoFoxxy

Shoporama~

#16 Post by HanakoFoxxy » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:42 pm

How about more than one place to shop?
Like, have a pet store in one place and a place that sells armor and weapons and maybe even an old man in an alley way that sells you illegal stuff to help boost your sin or something?? If you even add sin as a factor on this game, in which case you do I think another church is in order~ :D

oooooo idea~! :idea: Could you possabley maybe have the character find a tunnel that leads to the slums in the town in the first one?? That way all the people that were there before can say "Hi, you seem familiar... have we met?" And you could say "Yes accually, we used to be best friends!" Or "Yes, and I still hate you" and they'll be like "OMG it's you :shock: " or something...

just a thought =3

Terhial

#17 Post by Terhial » Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:46 am

lill_sweetty wrote:Here's MY wish list:

-Lots of guys to marry. With names, and their own personal story. In fact...every character should have as interesting a backstory as possible. And also, by the way, I'd like more friends/rivals to make too...The Librarian, Brittany, Alexandria and the chef-girl was all a little underdeveloped. (Well, maybe not Alexandria, but..)
I do really like the idea of more friends in the game. Possibly with a bit more variety on if the become a friend, enemy or rival with them. Either through choices or based on your stats. Those kinds of things brings quite a bit of replay value to a game for me.

lill_sweetty

#18 Post by lill_sweetty » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:42 am

Possibly with a bit more variety on if the become a friend, enemy or rival with them.
I agree with this. It was a lil bit in the game, but it didn't really affect your gameplay, other than ending variants. Maybe choosing to be friend or enemy could open up more exclusive gameplay like requirement for "special endings". If you're rivals, maybe some type of minigame only if you're rivals as competition?

Not sure if it's possible cost-wise and stuff, but I hope so. It'd be more involving this way.

Ulin208

#19 Post by Ulin208 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:35 pm

Maybe some more equips/items? There is quite a lot of weapons in comparison to the usable and the amour available. A little more branching would be nice, and perhaps more player input as to the character's actions.

WodashGSJ

#20 Post by WodashGSJ » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:15 pm

There are quite a few nice suggestions in this thread already. I agree that a doll with at least some change of outfits would be better, even if it was just by class(robe, leather, chain, plate) rather than a picture of your specific armour.

The number one thing that bugged me when I first played Cute Knight was the lack of obvious information on what effects your jobs were having, particularly for those stats that changed only a tiny amount. I had to waitress quite a few times with my first character before I discovered that my Mind was decreasing, not increasing. There are a few ways to fix this - a simple text summary of the weeks effects at the end would be hard to misunderstand, but decrease immersion. I think the best way would be to either have the sliders flash colours when they change(red/green is traditional, but doesn't fit your colour scheme), or add a little sparkle at the end of the slider when it moves(white/black would probably fit best).

Another thing you should add is a couple of jobs that mainly give you raw materials rather than direct payment, as this fits the world and would be useful to crafting characters. Woodsman, miner, and farmhand are all plausible jobs that could be useful here(and provide obvious hooks for endings). If you have to pass through forest/desert/wilderness, foraging should be an option.

One thing that's noticeably lacking from the current Cute Knight is small quests. Yes, there are a couple of fetch quests, but they don't relate to things the player has a high chance of having already. I'm thinking of little jobs that improve the characters relationships with people, sort of the opposite of those Sin opportunities that crop up in many jobs. Bring the innkeeper a new broom, fetch the librarian a paperweight, rescue a birds nest that's falling out of a tree, tell the magic teacher what colour eyes the local goblins have, that sort of thing. I think this could be added randomly so almost every screen has a chance of something more to do, but of course it should always be optional. If you did add animal companions, getting them could be this sort of task - save a kitten from a river(am I being too cliched here?) and so on.

I'd really like it if the sequel had an option with an effect much like the current cheat of changing age to 23, allowing for extended play with a single character without the fairy suddenly appearing to end it. This removes some of the challenge from the game, but I don't always feel like a challenge, and I doubt I'm alone in this. Perhaps there could be a choice you could make right at the creation of your character, like running away from the fairy before she has the chance to say anything.

CuteKnight

#21 Post by CuteKnight » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:08 am

I add my voice of support to the dating sim relationship meter.

I also wish there was more/better music. A whole lot. You're playing the game over and over again there should be a remix of the central theme in a whole bunch of parts of the game ala Weeds.

Less endings. Maybe minor variations on each ending. But no endings that require you to do basically work in the tavern for all your days. Endings that require strategy...

Lots of encounters at all the jobs and classes. That's the fun part! Finding all the different encounters and optimizing your schedule.

Naiomi666

though

#22 Post by Naiomi666 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:08 am

When playing cute knight and seeing the fairy i always wondered who the fairy was. In princess maker you knew cube was a demon but in cut knight i have no idea who the fairy is. She just kind off shows up like the weirdest of times(like your birthday). It would be interesting if the character could have some more interaction with it and maybe have like a friendship or an ending(like a fairy ending!). Or at least it would be cool to have to know some of the history of the fairy, Or to know why it uses it time spending it with our character.

nomadicmouse

Continuation of character at the end of a story line.

#23 Post by nomadicmouse » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:48 pm

It would be nice when you get to THE END of a storyline that there was a button to continue on (with same character). Maybe the next chapter in the characters overall story.

Maple hearts

#24 Post by Maple hearts » Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:51 am

I'd like better CG graphics, a bigger town, game hints, more jobs, etc. :D

Beric

#25 Post by Beric » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:12 pm

I'd like better graphics. Including changing the character's looks to apply what outfits she's wearing.

More options and special effects in the dungeon.

And of course I'd like both a bigger town, as well as multiple towns it is possible to journey to, and more job options.

And finally, more weapon/outfit types. we have lots of variation within weapons and armor, ect. How about a few more types of outfits?

A great game!

EDIT: Also, I felt the game ends too fast, before I can do everything I wanted. Any way to set a default game ending age, rather than doing the cheat?

alexoni

#26 Post by alexoni » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:13 pm

For like the picture gallery when you click on the picture you also get like a brief description of what it was and if you get married to someone specific their name would also be mentioned so if she/he,your character (I also liked the option to pick the whole boy/girl thing too), also got married to someone else the second time you go though the game that person would also be mentioned and also the silt variates would also be mentioned like with Knight you could also become a diplomat ,as seen in the game with the same picture, that could also be mentioned.

I also like the idea of developing relationships in the game and your character could develop a romance, girls with boys and boys with girls or they(the boys) chase you if you're girl and you chase them if you're a boy and that would also encourage playing the game even past all of the endings until you get every possible romance, and like friendships that would either encourage or tear your romance apart and you stop be friends with the person who wasn't helping your relationship and dump the romance and keep the friendship. Oh and the friend could either try to steal your date or try to advise to do what's best.

Oh and more possible endings only available depending upon which gender you pick. Like Head Priest (Champlain, I think that's another name for them anyways) for a man and wedding designer for a lady. Those were the only ones I could think of right off the top of my head.

I think I'm out of Ideas now.

Yeah I'm out.

But I hope I helped,at lest, a little bit.

RedSocialKnight

#27 Post by RedSocialKnight » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:20 pm

The big thing I missed while collecting endings was more adventuring endings, and adventuring endings with more variety. I think over half the possible endings required full-time work or school in town, which meant that to get them, you had to ignore the most meaty part of the game.

Rather than just more "fighter" and "magician" endings, though, there could be adventuring endings that featured the other skills, like Alchemist (craft a bunch of high-level items with dungeon loot), Drunken Master (high-level potions and fighting skill), Redeemed (reach a very high sin level during the game, but end the game with sin at zero) and so on. Basically, find ways of tying the non-dungeon parts of the game in with the RPG aspect.

And please ... please ... no more "Turkey in the Straw." Ever.

etb

#28 Post by etb » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:36 pm

Please base the price of the lessons on the stats they increase the fact you have to pay much even if you have low stats always bothered me.
And it can happen! Just think to mathematics and barman job or exercise and illness or researcher job.

It also bothers me the difference of depth about the `fighting' and the `magic'. In magic you have charms, mana and elements. Fighting is just `Attack' (dungeon) or hope it works (Black knight).
It would be nice having few different attacks so people might try different attacks with different weapons against the different monsters.

And please allow us to change the charms even in-fight... it is annoying `try to guess' who will be the next enemy.

emichan

#29 Post by emichan » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:05 am

The sequel is out now! :lol:

deadgraceful

#30 Post by deadgraceful » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:26 pm

I know the sequel has already come out, but I just wanted to say that I always wanted some Yuri action in Cute Knight. I thought that the librarian and the main character had a bit of a thing - after all, they could go adventuring together - but I guess it's just wishful thinking. Oh well, hopefully someone will make some fanfic.