Various Endings.

For hints and discussions on Cute Knight and Cute Knight Deluxe.
Coolgamer

Various Endings.

#1 Postby Coolgamer » Fri May 30, 2008 1:32 am

I'd love it if the ending gallery also showed the text from each ending. That would be neat. The rest of this is a bit of a rant, so feel free to skip it.

Grah! I swear, I train my character, I get exactly the required skills, and then she decides to get some other career path I've already seen! If I send you to church almost every possible moment in the game, it does not mean I want you to be a banker!

If I train you and have you be a maid for the inn almost every turn, it doesn't mean I want you to be a wife!

I've seen the banker ending five times now. The artwork for it is lovely but I'm starting to dread its appearance.

HanakoFoxxy

Various Endings

#2 Postby HanakoFoxxy » Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:42 am

hmmm.... Well, I know of a few. Like the ones that involve the Prince that comes to the stables at the church at the end of the month.

--Marry him (Recomended, happy ending)
**Come to the stables at the church every end of the months (20th-31th) until he asks about your family. Answer 'I don't want to be your sister, because I like you.' Continue going to the stables at the end of the months until he takes you on a picnic and proposes. Answer 'Accept'.
This is kind of gross cause you're accually his longlost sister :shock: .
(Note: At one point, you will have to become more charming to talk to him, I recomend dance lessons at the collage. Watch your charm though, because working a the stables will decrease it >.<)

--Become his sister (Recomended, happy ending)
**Come to the stables at the church every end of the months (20th-31th) until he asks about your family. Answer 'What if I am your missing sister?'. He will then ask for proof, to find your proof, work at the library reading to children until the old woman asks what you want to know about ether the Prince or Princess Alex. YOU MUST PICK PRINCESS ALEX BECAUSE SHE WILL NOT ASK YOU AGAIN. She then says that the princess had a birthmark of a heart on her arm, just like you. Go to the Prince and say you have proof. The birthmark. He then takes you back to the castle with your lost family and live happily.

I'll post more later when I can find more endings, but I'll get back to you :D

~Foxxy

emichan

#3 Postby emichan » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:30 pm

lol, you're not really his sister, if you read the princess alex ending it points out that you're not her, you're just pretending to be her. the real princess is in the dungeon.

FantasyFan

#4 Postby FantasyFan » Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:50 pm

Yeah, you're not really his sister. The second ending is called FALSE Princess. You're not Alexandra. The "true" ending reveals both your origins and his.

HanakoFoxxy

>.<

#5 Postby HanakoFoxxy » Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:52 pm

How stupid of me..... Well..... still..... It's kind of gross >.< :P

Coolgamer

Re: Various Endings

#6 Postby Coolgamer » Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:52 am

HanakoFoxxy wrote:hmmm.... Well, I know of a few. Like the ones that involve the Prince that comes to the stables at the church at the end of the month.

**Come to the stables at the church every end of the months (20th-31th) until he asks about your family. Answer 'I don't want to be your sister, because I like you.' Continue going to the stables at the end of the months until he takes you on a picnic and proposes. Answer 'Accept'.
(Note: At one point, you will have to become more charming to talk to him, I recomend dance lessons at the collage. Watch your charm though, because working a the stables will decrease it >.<)

**Come to the stables at the church every end of the months (20th-31th) until he asks about your family. Answer 'What if I am your missing sister?'. He will then ask for proof, to find your proof, work at the library reading to children until the old woman asks what you want to know about ether the Prince or Princess Alex. YOU MUST PICK PRINCESS ALEX BECAUSE SHE WILL NOT ASK YOU AGAIN. She then says that the princess had a birthmark of a heart on her arm, just like you. Go to the Prince and say you have proof. The birthmark. He then takes you back to the castle with your lost family and live happily.

~Foxxy

I already know about the endings, I was just complaining over trying to get various ones only to end up getting a totally different one.

HanakoFoxxy

#7 Postby HanakoFoxxy » Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:26 pm

?? I wonder why?

Audio-Redux

Re: Various Endings

#8 Postby Audio-Redux » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:57 pm

Coolgamer wrote:
HanakoFoxxy wrote:hmmm.... Well, I know of a few. Like the ones that involve the Prince that comes to the stables at the church at the end of the month.

~Foxxy

I already know about the endings, I was just complaining over trying to get various ones only to end up getting a totally different one.

Except for the special endings, your stats have a lot to do with the ending you get. :| Maybe you're raising the wrong stats?

lill_sweetty

#9 Postby lill_sweetty » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:57 pm

Actually, if your stats can fit BOTH of the endings (that aren't special), you will get the one where you spent the most time or, you will get the higher one of the endings that you fit.

I believe I wanted to be a vet, but because I spent a lot of time at the church and my stats also fit the church leader (even though it also fits vet) I became a church leader. It's infuriating. I still haven't had vet yet....

If you're specifically going for an ending and there's an ending you might be able to get, raise/lower one of your stats so your stats fit the ending you want, but not the ending you might get. Banker-I get this a lot too. I solve the problem by buying plate armor so I do not have 500G or more.

SPOILER:

By the way, if you get the Royal Family ending, you will learn the truth. Prince Kirelan is not related IN ANY WAY to your character or actually, the entire Royal Family. He was "adopted". You ARE a missing princess, but not THE missing princess (aka Alexandra). You're the eldest sister of Alexandra. He's not related in any way to you. ;)

FantasyFan

#10 Postby FantasyFan » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:06 pm

If you want to be a vet, you need to spend a lot of time working at the doctor's office as well as at the stable. Just a tip. :)

lill_sweetty

#11 Postby lill_sweetty » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:30 am

If you want to be a vet, you need to spend a lot of time working at the doctor's office as well as at the stable. Just a tip.

Yeah, I know...But I'm very bad at balancing, and I like doing multiple endings on one go (because I dislike playing for 3 yrs even though I had the stats in the first year, and because I dislike cheats) so I did doctor, nun, church leader, and nurse all in one game (saving a few times during the final year for backtracking, of course). I got all of them in one game except for vet.....Ah...and I'm too lazy to replay... ._.'

KatKry

#12 Postby KatKry » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:22 pm

I've gotten all the endings listed above. What? I have no life :lol:

Anyway, I also stumbled upon a really funny ending that I think you guys might like. It also happens to be the easiest ending to get.

The slacker ending! Dum dum dum dum...
The fist thing you have to do when the game starts is camp out in the town sqaure. Do only that for about two weeks or so and the game will end. You shall get the slacker ending! Not much but it is rather funny and does add another pic to your gallery ^^

mandyb

#13 Postby mandyb » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:31 pm

I agree, no matter how hard I try I keep getting the same endings. I am wondering whether I maybe have an older version of the game that doesn't have all the same endings as everyone elses? For example no matter how high my dream, weapons, xp, etc I always get fighter if I have any of the above. If I have tried to have a combat-free game then I usually end up as a shop worker. I have managed to get some of the special endings but when I don't go for them I just keep on getting the same ones over and over again. Then I actually won the wizard's challenge and I still became a library worker! I'm very confused.

hanako
Site Admin

#14 Postby hanako » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:53 pm

Sorry, only one ending was ever actually missing from the game (in the very earliest versions, Bodybuilder was impossible to reach). But the formula for determining the endings is complicated. It is not all about stats! What jobs you did makes a big difference in what happens to you.

At the end, if you haven't reached a special ending, the game goes through and counts up all the points you have towards each ending, and then assigns you the ending which you have the most points towards. If you did too much of things that get you one ending, it may overpower your attempts to reach another ending.

If you're trying to reach a particular ending and unable to get there, ask about that ending and I can tell you what the formula is to score points for that ending.

Saetana

#15 Postby Saetana » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:45 am

I am absolutely gutted - I'd got most of the special endings in the Deluxe version (including the new Jareth one) and ran into a problem getting the game to start, even though it had been fine so far I kept getting "Unexpected error" message. The lo-fi version started fine but the text is all over the place on that one (probably because my PC is not quite so old that it needs to use a lo-fi version, lol). So, I thoroughly uninstalled Cute Knight Deluxe using Revo uninstaller (to make sure I rooted out all traces of the game) and then reinstalled only to find the same problem! And I lost all my earned pictures for nothing!

In the end I had an idea - I first played the game through Wild Tangent (I get coins to "rent" gameplay sessions) so I reinstalled that version (the original not the Deluxe) and that started fine. I then, just out of curiousity, tried to start Cute Knight Deluxe again - and it worked! I have absolutely no idea what the problem was and hope I don't encounter it again but at least I have an idea how to solve it now.

Other than specials I have managed to get Fighter, Witch, Assassin, Shop Assistant and Maid (the latter two the first couple of times I played, and failed, the game). I haven't tried specifically for any others yet - Assassin was a surprise as I ended up thieving a lot and was aiming for a Thief type ending but when I think about it I did have very high combat and weapons skills as well as being a degenerate, lol!

So, if I want my pictures back I now need to get most of the specials again, grr. The only cheat I ever use is to give myself extra cash - I never adjust my stats. Without the extra cash I was having a nightmare trying to get anything other than Fighter, mainly because I can't keep out of the dungeon. When I have got all the endings with extra money I will then wipe them and try to get them all without as I should have enough experience (hopefully) by then to know what works best for which ending.

:twisted:

Return to “Cute Knight”