Can't Access Mac Cheats!

For hints and discussions on Cute Knight and Cute Knight Deluxe.
Audio-Redux

Can't Access Mac Cheats!

#1 Postby Audio-Redux » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:42 am

I've tried everything I can think of, but F9 and F10 just don't seem to work. I've tried holding down fn when pressing the buttons, I've changed it so F1-F12 would be the standard function keys, I've tried holding down control when pressing the buttons, then alt/option, then command and I've tried it both in and out of the dungeon. Nothing. Any ideas?

Spiky Caterpillar

Re: Can't Access Mac Cheats!

#2 Postby Spiky Caterpillar » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:13 am

Tab should also access the cheat console on Linux and Mac. (Sorry about the long lag in checking this forum, you've probably already found a way into the cheats or given up, but at least this will help other players maybe.)

Audio-Redux

#3 Postby Audio-Redux » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:37 am

I tried that too, all it does is activate Skip Mode.

Spiky Caterpillar

#4 Postby Spiky Caterpillar » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:26 pm

Oops, I'm an idiot, I was looking at the wrong game. Cute Knight Kingdom accepts tab to cheat because people were having trouble figuring out how to get function keys working on some machines.

For Mac builds of Cute Knight Deluxe, the cheat console can only be accessed when you're inside the dungeon. It's F10.

(This also applies to Linux, and to the small handful of Windows users who got a Ren'Py build because they were having trouble with the original version.)

Audio-Redux

#5 Postby Audio-Redux » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:07 am

Audio-Redux wrote:I've tried everything I can think of, but F9 and F10 just don't seem to work. I've tried holding down fn when pressing the buttons, I've changed it so F1-F12 would be the standard function keys, I've tried holding down control when pressing the buttons, then alt/option, then command and I've tried it both in and out of the dungeon. Nothing. Any ideas?

Spiky Caterpillar

#6 Postby Spiky Caterpillar » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:20 am

Hm. What version number does the game have? What version of OS X do you have?

I've put an updated dungeon file up at http://spikycaterpillar.com/cute_knight ... ngeon.rpyc . Make a backup copy of the game, then copy the new newdungeon.rpyc file over the one in your game/ folder - it should allow you to enter cheat mode by pressing tab.

Audio-Redux

#7 Postby Audio-Redux » Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:29 am

I have Cute Knight Deluxe version 1.1.8 and OS X version 10.1.5.

The updated dungeon file appears to have worked, thank you. :)

Return to “Cute Knight”