So I messed up a little on itch.io

For hints and discussions on Cute Knight and Cute Knight Deluxe.
Kanarena

So I messed up a little on itch.io

#1 Postby Kanarena » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:11 pm

I bought cute knight deluxe some years back, moved computers, was annoyed to find bmt micro wouldn't let me redownload the installer, but as it turned out, the game itself is quite fine with the install folder moving machines, so I just did that, and was fine for a couple years, however with the itch.io summer sale, cute knight came up as a recommended game, and with the original version as well even so I could actually collect all of the art from both, as I'd always been partial to a few of the older drawings for certain endings, but...well, I goofed, I failed to notice that it cost a bit more to get the deluxe edition too, so I ended up only buying the original edition, and I can't find any way to add the difference to get the rest unlocked, so is there anything that can be done for it? I'd really like a way to redownload the installer, just in case something bad ever happens to my backed up copy of the game.

hanako
Site Admin

Re: So I messed up a little on itch.io

#2 Postby hanako » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:19 pm

Honestly, I don't know right now. I haven't been using itch.io for very long and haven't learned all the ins and outs. I can ask around, but I'm just going to be asking random people on twitter, pretty much, so you might want to ask itch support as well. :)

If you bought the game from BMT Micro originally you can forward me the receipt email (or enough information to find your order in the database) and I can issue a fresh download email to download the installer with, but that can be awkward because it relies on finding the info and waiting for me to read the email and all that. :) So I know the itch accounts can be more convenient that way.

edit: Still looking but so far the only answer I've gotten is someone saying that you can't top up previous purchases and would have to ask itch for a refund and then buy it again at the higher price. But I'm not sure, I'm still checking, because that post was a while ago. Asking itch support is probably the best answer!

Kanarena

Re: So I messed up a little on itch.io

#3 Postby Kanarena » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:33 pm

I'll go ahead and give itch support a shot then, it's been long enough since I moved emails I can't get the receipt back, and while I'm pretty sure I remember enough details for a look up, I'd rather do that as a last resort, since the big reason I was excited to see it on itch is the lack of expiring downloads, still, thanks for responding, and I'll keep that in mind if I don't have any luck with their support :)

Return to “Cute Knight”