Easy Mode?

Train a little vampire to restore her power as she chomps her way through the town!
Karlminion

Easy Mode?

#1 Post by Karlminion » Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:38 am

Maybe I'm missing something, but I can't seem to get my stats up with any consistency. Gold and/or energy keep running too low, and thus I have to waste up to two weeks sleeping in the coffin.

Could there perhaps be a different mode for later, with much more gold to start with and more relaxed energy drainage? Maybe higher skill growths too, even. Doubtless this would be cheating and would have to disable achievements, but so be it!

hanako
Site Admin

Re: Easy Mode?

#2 Post by hanako » Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:23 pm

While there will be some cheats for later so people can just make money appear out of nowhere, 'more relaxed energy drain' isn't really possible. The costs for everything are individually coded. Every activity costs a different amount, and sometimes multiple different amounts based on your character stats and performance (if the vampire hates a class, it will eventually cause HUGE amounts of stress to keep attending it). So there's no centralised "energy drain" that I can adjust.

In most cases I suspect a getting started guide would be more useful.

Obviously *I* have been playing this game for way too long so I'd welcome suggestions from anyone other than me. (And then, some players are already way better at it than I am!)

My personal suggestions for getting the hang of things:
  • Try to get your maximum Mind and Body up a little bit as soon as possible. Having a larger energy bar will make it run down slower and give you more time to do other things.
  • Hunting is a good way to recharge energy, often faster than resting. Find a hunting stat combination that works for you and experiment to find targets who are weak to it.
  • If your starting stats aren't very good, do one-job-one-rest for the early weeks rather than trying to work too hard and exhaust yourself to the point where ALL you can do is rest.
But others please chime in!

Karlminion

#3 Post by Karlminion » Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:11 pm

I think just a lack of gold might be an issue, I'll give the rest-job cycle a try and see if that helps. Maybe when you release the cheats, you could include some kind of cheaty super blood-sicle? I know hunting is supposed to be the best way to get energy back, but I think I read somewhere that there's only so many people to hunt, so even if you find a weak target, they'll disappear eventually.

I wasn't aware that classes the vampire didn't agree with caused more stress. I'll try things more suited for her! (though a cursory look about indicates the more physically-inclined teachers don't have romance paths associated with them? could this change too, in the future?)

FantasyFan

#4 Post by FantasyFan » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:24 am

The game gets easier later on when the nights get longer. At that point, you can pick three activities instead of two and as such you can build your stats faster (and have weeks where you have two periods of jobs/classes and one period of sleeping).

At the beginning, the Drunk Woman and Little Old Lady are the easiest targets for hunting - munch on them and don't try others until your stats go up.