Walkthroughs/secrets/easter eggs

Male protagonist, in the Hall for bold and athletic boys.
Arent

Walkthroughs/secrets/easter eggs

#1 Post by Arent » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:21 am

If you have finished a route, found a secret or an easter egg, maybe you want to drop other people a hint :mrgreen: Some routes are rather difficult and some secrets quite... secret.

Of course this is a heavy spoiler area, so only read on if you don't mind.

Arent

Re: Walkthroughs/secrets/easter eggs

#2 Post by Arent » Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:11 pm

I'll just start.

To get Minnie:

You need to run as president. I only managed to win by taking the advance money, buying the whole list, calling myself "Wolf King" and helping out in the study session. 'Golden eagle' might also work and you apparently do not need to buy the cheapest item (5$) which is important for another route. If you do that, Minnie will approach you and ask you for co-presidency. I didn't try to win by myself and agreed. From there on, it is relatively straightforward. She is overworking herself, so be nice to her, offer to help her, listen to her, think of her when prompted. At one point, Pastel will blackmail you and demand you break up with Minnie, which you should obviously not do.

Pastel:

Simply break up with Minnie when prompted. It's a bit mean to do that, though.

To get Barbara:

Basically, just be nice to her. Climb on the tree to give her back her shoes. Visit the dungeons immediately & often to regularly meet her. Either talk together with her with William to get his socks or give her your own socks. Think of her when prompted. Invite her when prompted. At one point you'll have to confess your heritage.

Items:

The charms for 30$ in the magic shop in the mall are quite useful to learn a certain color of magic fast. But they are not strictly necessary.

I don't know exactly what the expensive glamours, feather or fairy wings etc. do. Maybe they grant you points with certain characters, Manuel, Pastel or Suki?

Gotas

#3 Post by Gotas » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:11 pm

I've done all the routes except Damien and Pastel (b/c they would both require being a worse person than I'm comfortable being), although most of them only once, so I'm not always sure exactly which choices were relevant. Here are my tips.

General Tips:

Logan and Laurel don't have actual routes, you can get their dances just by making it to the end of the game without having anyone to go to the ball with you.

For every route except for Corrinna, Pastel and Angela, you should think of them at Christmas, and you know you're on the right track if they're also thinking of you.

You should also pretty much always send a valentine to whoever you're pursuing (Romantic vs. Friendly makes no difference on some of the side routes, and on the main routes, it seems like romantic usually gives you a few extra lines of dialogue and a kiss CG).

Exam results don't seem to affect routes at all (except for Suki, see below), so feel free to give up on tough exams and cheese them however you want on repeat playthroughs. Your magic levels will affect dialogue (sometimes a scene is different if you know a certain spell), but they usually don't have a meaningful impact on characters opinions of you. (30 blue magic + a blue charms should be enough to pass all the exams)

Main Routes:

Minnie:

As Arent said, you have to (co)-win the election. You cannot manage this if you don't take the cash advance Potsdam offers you. You don't actually have to buy the $90 cupcakes to do this, though. I've achieved it with just the posters, badges, and $30 cupcakes. I'm not sure what all affects winning the presidency, but some things that seems to help are being friendly to other students (e.g. talking to people when you have the opportunity), joining Chorale (this gives you an extra line of dialogue when campaigning), being close with William (he should offer to help you with your campaign), and helping Minnie tutor in the library (requires a high stat one kind of magic, so you have to focus pretty much exclusively on one color from the second week until the week of the election). I always used "Golden Eagle" as my name, although I seen debate over whether that or "Wolf King" is better, and haven't tested it. If you do spend all your money, however, the election is easier, and you'll still be fine, because spending money isn't necessary on Minnie's route. Jacob will even gift you the money for a Valentine.

Barbara:

In addition to what Arent said, you have to NOT be co-president. Barbara has issues with the student council

Ellen:

Just be nice to her? I never really ran into trouble getting this route. If you end up lying to her about Damien's pie, make sure that you 'fess up at the scene in the library or she'll eventually end up mad at you and back together with him.

William:

I haven't experimented too much with this route. I feel like there may be a way to get it through distracting Ellen, but after failing to get William's attention a couple of times, the way I got it was by choosing to distract Damien, leading him on, and then breaking up with him for William.

Side Routes:

Luke:

Just be nice to him and spend time with him.

Manuel:

Join the nature club. Don't become president, and vote for him for treasurer (this has the added benefit of making valentines super cheap :P ).

Angela:

Follow Williams route, send him a romantic valentine, get a dramatic scene in the cafeteria. Angela will approach you afterwards. Go along with what she says.

Pastel:

Follow Minnie's route, choose Pastel over Minnie (how could you??)

Raven:

Your primary goal is to get Raven as your secret santa. If you accomplish this, the rest of the route is pretty straightforward. If you're president, Minnie always pairs you up with Jacob, so you can't be president. To get Raven instead of Barbara, you need to run into her enough times before the secret santa event.

There's a number of chances to run into her in the fall. You need to get several (though probably not all) of them. If you visit the magic shop in the mall twice in the first month or two, you'll see her there the second time. You can see her in the gym in one of the early months (according to Hanako, this scene is worth an extra Raven point if you go get the teacher). You can also see her in the library sometime. You get a scene with her if you go window shopping the week that the student council is selling candles. You'll also see her if you go check on Barbara after the dark dance (does not require any prior relationship with Barbara, although it does require being undistracted enough to notice her being taken away), but I'm not completely sure if this counts as a Raven scene.

Suki:

I'm not sure if all these choices are necessary, but here's how I maximized my interactions with Suki. (Try to) join the dragon club. Don't run for president, vote for Suki. Study a bunch of green magic in the first few months of the game. Eventually, you should get a Suki conversation in the hall. Fail the 4th exam and get detention. That should be enough to let you think about Suki at Christmas, and from there the route is pretty straightforward. (This is the one route I would definitely not have found without the hints from Hanako in the development thread)

Corrinna:

Become co-President, with at least $10 left over (see my Minnie guide for tips on doing this). Join the midnight poets (when you a noise in the hall follow it both times. Have enough blue for Silence to make sure that the person doesn't notice you following them (I've heard it's possible without Silence, but I haven't tested it myself), claim you're interested in poetry). Over Thanksgiving break, talk to the librarian about books. There's no option to think of Corrinna at Christmas, and some of the other router override hers, so think of either nobody or of Luke (you can get his route and Corrinna's with the same Spring save file). When you're trying to be more proactive with Minnie, suggest starting a book club. When Corrinna asks you about your Valentine, say it's because of book club. Make sure you have $5 the week of the Spring Play, and you should be able to invite Corrinna to go with you.

Let me know if any of this was helpful, or if it didn't work for you ^_^
Last edited by Gotas on Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Arent

#4 Post by Arent » Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:58 am

Woah, that's cool. The list should be almost complete, apart from a few details here and there. I only played the girl routes, so I couldn't say anything about the boy routes.

Edit: Earlier statement that you could learn a spell from Steve was apparently wrong.

At certain dates (not sure which), you can meet steve in the mall at the pinball machine.
Last edited by Arent on Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pixelen

#5 Post by Pixelen » Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:02 am

Thanks guys! This is all really helpful. The Raven route I was struggling with so thanks for the advice Gotas! One route I'm having problems with now is Corrina's, I've:
  • become president
  • joined the poetry club
  • talked to the librarian about books
  • didn't think about anyone at christmas
  • started book club
  • bought her a valentine and said it was about book club
Done all that stuff and still got the Laurel/Logan dance ending! Whether I came out as the prince or not. I did get a scene with Grabiner where MC asks about Corrina and Grabiner hints at a secret but that never came back into it. Any hints for where I went wrong?

Arent

#6 Post by Arent » Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:26 pm

Pixelen wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:02 am
Thanks guys! This is all really helpful. The Raven route I was struggling with so thanks for the advice Gotas! One route I'm having problems with now is Corrina's, I've:
  • become president
  • joined the poetry club
  • started book club
Done all that stuff and still got the Laurel/Logan dance ending! Whether I came out as the prince or not. I did get a scene with Grabiner where MC asks about Corrina and Grabiner hints at a secret but that never came back into it. Any hints for where I went wrong?
Mrrm. Maybe other routes can override hers?

The only thing from top of my head might be that you might need to do well with your poems? At one point you need to prepare a poem and you can simply ask your parents to help. Your diary then says how well you performed.

But maybe there are also other hidden points for Corinna or another character and if they are more you maybe get that character?

Gotas

#7 Post by Gotas » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:23 pm

Pixelen wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:02 am
  • become president
  • joined the poetry club
  • started book club
Huh

Did you attend the Spring Play with her?

That's the only Corrinna scene I can think of that you might be missing, but it seems like it just requires

Having $5 that week. (which does mean that you had to win the election without spending all your money, but you should have already needed that to afford a Valentine)

Arent

#8 Post by Arent » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:14 pm

Gotas wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:23 pm

Huh

Did you attend the Spring Play with her?

That's the only Corrinna scene I can think of that you might be missing, but it seems like it just requires

Having $5 that week. (which does mean that you had to win the election without spending all your money, but you should have already needed that to afford a Valentine)
You need at least 10$ for both things. I won the election without the cheapest item (5$) and later won bingo, so i had enough money. But you mentioned with certain choices you can also ignore more expensive items on the list.

Pixelen

#9 Post by Pixelen » Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:46 pm

Ah yeah that's probably it - I only saved $5 for the valentine! Will try again and try to save a bit more money.

Edit: that worked, by the way - there's a really good guide on Steam for how to become president without spending all your money so I used that and then did the Corrina route. Thanks guys!

Pixelen

#10 Post by Pixelen » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:05 pm

Hi again O sage ones, would you be able to give me any more hints for William? Maybe even specific dialogue choices as I feel like I'm going down the right path then he doesn't think of me at Christmas. Thanks!

Arent

#11 Post by Arent » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:54 pm

Pixelen wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:05 pm
Hi again O sage ones, would you be able to give me any more hints for William? Maybe even specific dialogue choices as I feel like I'm going down the right path then he doesn't think of me at Christmas. Thanks!
Could you maybe copy & paste the guide for presidency here? Just in case someone else has the same issue :wink:

I didn't play the boy routes so far, so @Gotas will have to help you with William.

Pixelen

#12 Post by Pixelen » Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:05 pm

Arent wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:54 pm
Pixelen wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:05 pm
Could you maybe copy & paste the guide for presidency here? Just in case someone else has the same issue :wink:

I didn't play the boy routes so far, so @Gotas will have to help you with William.
Sure, all credit to @SimplyUnknown on Steam.

Introduction

One of the achievements that you can get in Wolf Hall that you couldn't do in Horse Hall was become Class President. In fact, you need to be class president in order to romance Minnie or befriend her, as well as to access some of the side romances. The easiest way to do this is to take the advance from your parents and spend it on those fancy cupcakes. However, that option usually leaves you with little to no money left to spend on other things in the game like charms, enhancements, or to buy your way to more money by playing Bingo.

However, there is a way to become Class President alongside Minnie for the low low price of $40. And that is what this guide is here for. Follow these simple steps and you too can be class pres and walk away with $90 dollars left in your pocket (assuming you didn't spend any money beforehand).

Step 1: Flirt for Your Life

Now in order to become class president for the lowest price possible, you need the right personality. If you try to run for president without it, even when following the rest of the instructions below, you will fail. There are four potential personalities that your Wolf can have, and the one you need is Flirty.

In order to get the Flirty personality, one generally has to do flirty things. It doesn't have to be your only personality trait, but you will need to have it say that you are flirty when you look at your Codex Entry before you visit Potsdam after you decide to run. Here are most of the ways you can gain points for Flirty that I've found in the game so far.
  • When you ask William questions on the first day, ask about dating.
  • When Potsdam asks why you missed orientation, say arriving fashionably late. This will also give you a point in Scheming.
  • When you talk to William after meeting Minnie, say that she's cute.
  • When you talk to Donald about what his pranks will get him, talk about dates.
  • When Angela asks why it's a good morning, say it's cause you're looking at her.
These are the only opportunities you'll have to get Flirty points before you have to meet with Potsdam to choose your name. It's generally a good idea to check your Codex entry after every question before then to make sure that people say you have a Flirty personality. It can be shared with other personality traits; I managed to become president using this method with sporty, scheming, and flirty at the same time. But you need to have Flirty in order for this method to work.

Step 2: Befriend William

Remember how in Horse Hall having William on your side is a good thing? Well, it's basically the same thing here. Without William's support, you will not be able to become president using this method. So we need to get enough points to be his friend so that he'll offer advice and support us when we run for office. You'll know if you have enough points if when you tell Potsdam you want to run, you don't get a message about Low William when she asks about him.

There are a few ways to get William points.

Points I'm sure about:
  • When William gives you the scavenger hunt for Freshman Initiation, do not make answers up and joke about it when William comes to collect it. If you do that, you will lose a William point. But be warned that choosing to make up answers will give you 2 Laid-Back points so that could cause problems with keeping the Flirty Personality.
  • After passing your first exam, go to the food court on Saturday for a scene with William, Virginia, and Ellen.
  • If you do fail the first exam, choose Don't Go when William comes to talk to you. If you pick the other option, you will lose a William point.
Doing this will get William on your side and that's a big boost towards becoming president.

Special thanks to Kyusyn for providing the info on what will get you William points and what won't!

Step 3: Join Sports Club and Chorale

I will admit I am unsure if joining the other two clubs will do anything for your Election options. The two boosts that I've definitely seen are from Sports Club and Chorale so definitely join those.

You won't need to do anything special to join the Chorale I believe, but you probably shouldn't mention that you can't sing to Donald when he asks about it. For Sports Club however, you cannot be Laid-Back. If you are, then you won't get the choice to choose. Being Sporty means that you will join automatically and being neither will give you the option to choose. Be careful though as I'm pretty sure joining the sports club when not Sporty will give you a Sporty point and that could override Flirty.

Step 4: Election Week

After befriending William, joining chorale and sports club, and making sure we're flirty, it's time to talk to Potsdam. After we tell Potsdam that we want to run for office, we will be able to talk to her on Monday the week of elections to figure out our campaign. There are some things we will need to do here.

When Potsdam asks us what our campaign name is, pick The Golden Eagle. You actually get a hint for this when talking to William when your Wolf brings up Eagles. This method will not work with any other name.

When Potsdam offers the advance from our parents, take it. We need at least $40 dollars for this method to work and at this point, we will only have $30. But that still gives us $90 to play with after the election is over, which isn't bad at all.

When we get the chance to buy things, buy everything except the fancy cupcakes. This will give you enough points to worry Minnie.

If you do all this, Minnie should show up at your door on Friday to offer the chance of being co-presidents. There is no way to defeat Minnie so take the deal. Then you'll become Class President, get the achievement if you didn't already have it, and walk away with $90.

Pixelen

#13 Post by Pixelen » Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:31 pm

Arent wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:58 am

A little "secret" I noticed:

At certain dates (not sure which), you can meet steve in the mall at the pinball machine. If you meet him several times, you will apparently learn teleport other.
Just got a scene with Big Steve on Apple Day (Oct 5th) playing pinball at the mall

hanako
Site Admin

#14 Post by hanako » Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:44 pm

Spells are only learned in class. Even Minnie can't teach you spells. If a spell randomly popped up somehow that's a bug.

Arent

#15 Post by Arent » Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:28 pm

hanako wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:44 pm
Spells are only learned in class. Even Minnie can't teach you spells. If a spell randomly popped up somehow that's a bug.
Oh, then i need to delete that. I seriously thought i got that after the second meeting with him.

Thanks for the clarification!