Wolf Hall - Development Testing Thread

Male protagonist, in the Hall for bold and athletic boys.
manfromba

Re: Wolf Hall - Development Testing Thread

#526 Post by manfromba » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:57 pm

I hope that we can learn something about Barbara's background. Will this happen?

hanako
Site Admin

#527 Post by hanako » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:13 pm

Well, there's certainly a few more Barbara scenes to come.

Are there specific questions you have about her background? (I can't answer whether or not you'll find out any individual thing, but knowing what people are curious about might be helpful in thinking of what to cover.)

manfromba

#528 Post by manfromba » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:01 am

hanako wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:13 pm
Well, there's certainly a few more Barbara scenes to come.

Are there specific questions you have about her background? (I can't answer whether or not you'll find out any individual thing, but knowing what people are curious about might be helpful in thinking of what to cover.)
What is her ethnicity? For some reason, my head canon is that she is Southern European/Mediterranean.

ojoseph

#529 Post by ojoseph » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:30 pm

Hi, not sure if this is the appropriate topic for this sort of question or if I should start my own, but how do the console commands work? Is it even built-in at this point? I only ask because I'm broke and got locked out of all the Valentine Day fun. :(

hanako
Site Admin

#530 Post by hanako » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:35 pm

They do exist, but I generally want to discourage people from messing with those during development, since right now we need as much information as possible on what happens to people playing the many, many possible natural routes. There are a lot of things that only happen because you've run out of money, for example!

Playing around with the debugger makes it harder to track what's a real bug and what's someone setting things into an impossible situation.

Runespoor

#531 Post by Runespoor » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:06 pm

In the EDIT:fourth exam, teleporting the Bladen Beast counts as "harming" it. How come?

On an entirely different note - having picked up my president playthrough - and being just back from Winter Holidays (yes i realize i am way late) - Minnie's mentions of Potsdam not having a real talk with her put flames on the sides of my face. And pique my interest. Obviously we don't know what Potsdam thinks of it, and we do know Minnie occasionally pushes too much (as seen with Barbara), so it's possible that Potsdam only resorts to giving Minnie an errand around the school after being pestered a lot (because we also know Minnie's got Opinions about the way Potsdam is running this ship). Buuuuut it's not making me any more sympathetic to Potsdam wrt Minnie. Minnie's right that Potsdam acts like she likes PC better. We know Potsdam bends rules for PC. So is it only that Potsdam plays favorites with PC, or is she also playing unfavorite with Minnie? What does she fear from Minnie?

And while I'm at it, this is making me reconsider the role Potsdam plays in the end of Minnie's storyline in Horse Hall. Huh. I didn't expect there to be more layers.

Really really excited to delve more into Minnie's involvement in wildseed integration!!!!

Pursuing Damien, because I have my priorities in order. He remains astoundingly awful. I love it.

On the topic of Damien, would it be very greedy to ask for a fourth option during the spell? I went with "confusion" after checking the options, but really what I wanted to say was "intrigued". An option to focus less on what PC feels and more on what Damien is up to, and what PC can get him to feel? An option for a PC who's in it for the thrills and giggles and seeing if he can get Damien to trip into feelings first. Yes, it is pretty close to confusion, but less there's less uncertainty there, though it's less of a closed door than "contempt."

Damien date - PC certainly is very trusting about Damien wanting to be with him and only with him. I would have liked a flag for a sentence a mite less trusting from a "confused" PC, or one who's otherwse cautious. Maybe just a reference to the fact that the "him" Damien wants to be with is the "shy and innocent" act PC is putting on? It read very earnest in a way a Damienmancing PC by necessity can't entirely be.

Damien Valentine - I thought the start of February 15 was a little abrupt? Maybe that's covered at a latter date, but I found myself a bit concerned/frustrated that there's no mention made of our evening and our parting the next morning. I think PC might want to reflect for just one sentence or two, just to reassure the player that nothing dramatic went on (Damien didn't break out the violins or flee without a word, nobody broke up with nobody../). To be clear, I'm not talking about details. Merely "we parted with a promise to see each other soon" or something like that. Especially since the Reborn Moon is just around the corner - if they made or didn't make plans, that might be a good touchstone.

and now I'm off for a Minnie runthrough of the president playthrough. Because that's originally why I made a president playthrough.

hanako
Site Admin

#532 Post by hanako » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:20 am

Did you teleport the beast into the pit? Dropping it down a big hole counts as harming it. Just moving it from one place to another shouldn't, iirc.

Runespoor

#533 Post by Runespoor » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:10 am

I wasn't trying to, but I might have clicked there accidentally. It was pretty late.

waff1ez

#534 Post by waff1ez » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:25 pm

When do you think next update will be and when will full release be? I just got my main route (Babara's) up to current and am excited to see whats next. The spring break choice doesn't seem all too obvious to me what the repercussions will be ad etc. I'm not certain what to respond with.

hanako
Site Admin

#535 Post by hanako » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:22 pm

I am hoping there will be a big patch bringing us up to Spring Break within the next week. However, that is only a hope and not a certainty. (When this patch drops, you'll understand part of why it took so long.)

After that, there's going to be a lag again because I won't be able to write during most of October.

Don't stress yourself about the Spring Break choice. At the moment it's just a role-playing choice, I don't have any repercussions planned.

waff1ez

#536 Post by waff1ez » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:56 am

hanako wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:22 pm
I am hoping there will be a big patch bringing us up to Spring Break within the next week. However, that is only a hope and not a certainty. (When this patch drops, you'll understand part of why it took so long.)

After that, there's going to be a lag again because I won't be able to write during most of October.

Don't stress yourself about the Spring Break choice. At the moment it's just a role-playing choice, I don't have any repercussions planned.
I hope october goes well and everything is okay! I love this game and games you make so I always hope for the best with you. It's progressing at a good pace imo I just constantly thirst for more content :)

hanako
Site Admin

#537 Post by hanako » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:40 pm

0.6.66 update

* Fixed expression/sprite mismatch on Pastel's "I knew you looked familiar" line.
* Fixed scrubber for exam6_kissed_frog.
* 1/3 chance of niches between two walkable bigcells in frog dungeon having piles of rocks.
* Added an RNG with logging and playback for better testing.
* Frog now pathfinds over holes.
* Non-frog units pathfinding should throw exceptions.
* cancelleds canceled (including one in week8 and one in updater errors.)
* Parade CG in.
* Started bringing new scenes in.
+ Script parser has improved handling of fancy transitions.
* Valentines scenes should now actually give you the Manuel branch when he's Treasurer.
* No longer fill in the treasurer's last name when you see them as a non-President.
* Overengineering spell resistance messages.
* Poisoning and scrambling the senses of nonliving things gives "The X is not alive."
* Sleep now reports X is {not a spirit, not alive, neither a spirit nor alive} as appropriate when it fails.
* Blasting nonphysical items now gives a 'passes harmlessly through...' message and skips the shrapnel.
* Crash when something destroys a Gate fixed.
* Crush will give the Nothing happens message when used on nonphysical objects.
* Open gives a Nothing Happens message if it fails.
* Slash and Mindstorm failure messages tweaked.
* Probably some other spell messages have been tweaked and missed.
* Spark effects should now be visible for a radius of 2 so you can see your Spark hit something in an adjacent bigcell.
* Sparks now disappear into nonphysical things.
* Drain Charm not-an-object failure tweaked.
* Green Mastery trophy should now unlock when you learn Regeneration.
* More debugging info in nopickles temporal inconsistency warnings.
* Clicking the 'menu' button in the dungeon now completes an interaction, so saves made by doing so will no longer be temporally inconsistent. (Previously, if you hadn't implicitly advanced, a save made using the menu button would have the timers and screenshot in the state at the end of the turn and the dungeon entity state in the state at the beginning of the turn.)
* Also complete an interaction when right-clicking in the dungeon to bring up the menu.
* Center click no longer brings up the menu in the dungeon.
* Player units no longer initialize with spacesuits. This fixes the save complaints about the spacesuit when you load a save made with Farsight up because the Farsight viewpoint is a subclass of units.Player.
* Columns now show up on minimaps.
* Debug message drawing solid black tiles trimmed, should make dungeon rendering faster.
* LeverEnchantments no longer wear off. This fixes a bug where Silencing (or applying any other status that would wear off eventually) a wall with a lever enchantment would get the wall's metabolism started and thus make the lever enchantment wear off.
* Diamondized objects can no longer be reshaped with ShapeStone.
* Expulsion for self-destruction after having been warned cleaned up.
* Game over screen uses black text; 'End Game' button moved a little.
* Firstname Lastname now correctly interpolated on the game over screen if you get expelled for self-destruction without having been warned first. (Not sure if this can happen, but.)
* Feast CG in.
* Decrufting.
* Force Walls now immune to normal damage.
* Now remove Force Walls from the display when destroyed.
* Force Walls that are facing the player but to the left/right of the player now correctly drawn.
* Drain Charm reworked, now recurses through an object's inventory so it will get any inventory items with status effects, takes 1-10 MP.
* Gates no longer leave a corpse behind when defeated.
* Now fade out all audio channels when you fall down a hole, including the usually-forgotten sound3 channel
* Cut off after the Sunday evening menu on Mar 16th.

Major summary: New week, new exam, some big events, but not as big as I hoped. Drain Charm spell has been rewritten but the official notes for it haven't yet been updated, so it's out of sync with what the class and card may say.

There are also NEW CGs added to the Thanksgiving holiday! (Just a couple little cute things to make the day more festive.)

We were unfortunately not able to get the whole up-until-spring-break ready to release as one batch and because I'm going to be away from my computer for a while and not able to get things done, decided to push what should be playable now. The following week is fully written, just not fully implemented, and big things happen, so I do not want to release that half-baked!

Airy_sama

#538 Post by Airy_sama » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:42 am

So odd issue I keep having. Everytime I don't wake up the mothman in the latest dungeon by either teleporting them off, or just silencing the gate it crashes on like Potsdam's first, or second line of dialog Reload works however so I'm able to continue a bit, but It's only to the line right before she gives you the extra credit for the sleeping mothmen, and that line then it crashes once more, and reloading stops working to fix it so I'm curious if anyone else is getting this sorta crash, or if my install is just borked

jak

#539 Post by jak » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:35 pm

Airy_sama wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:42 am
So odd issue I keep having. Everytime I don't wake up the mothman in the latest dungeon by either teleporting them off, or just silencing the gate it crashes on like Potsdam's first, or second line of dialog Reload works however so I'm able to continue a bit, but It's only to the line right before she gives you the extra credit for the sleeping mothmen, and that line then it crashes once more, and reloading stops working to fix it so I'm curious if anyone else is getting this sorta crash, or if my install is just borked
I just get the crash when Potsdam awards me the merits (already uploaded the log)

Cautious91

#540 Post by Cautious91 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:09 pm

Same error for me, on 2 different PC's.