Wolf Hall - Development Testing Thread

Male protagonist, in the Hall for bold and athletic boys.
hanako
Site Admin

Re: Wolf Hall - Development Testing Thread

#391 Post by hanako » Sat May 04, 2019 10:50 pm

Larger body type now available at character creation
Transparency error fixed in Raven's sprite
Durability of Window Walls adjusted
Can now look for poems even if that was the first day you visited the library
After-study events can occur even if that was the first day you visited the library
Detention should now occur properly for more bad outcomes in the fourth exam

No new scenes at this point, but do let us know if you run into any problems with the new art

Vivien B.

#392 Post by Vivien B. » Sun May 05, 2019 1:21 pm

Yay for BHM Prince! <3

Alas, Gary reverts back to a slimmer body type after I load a save. Clearly he tried some sort of fad diet while I wasn't looking. :wink:

ParrotWatcher

#393 Post by ParrotWatcher » Sun May 05, 2019 9:23 pm

I assume this is a bug: I tried casting Ward on the Bladen Beast (and on the square in front of it) but in both cases, it just walked through... :?

Also, using Foresight gives the following message:
The Bladen Beast is planning to (384, 'sniff and follow other')

Spiky Caterpillar

#394 Post by Spiky Caterpillar » Mon May 06, 2019 4:34 am

Tonight's patch (0.5.48) makes the larger body save correctly. (It won't fix old saves, but hopefully there aren't that many of them yet)

hanako
Site Admin

#395 Post by hanako » Thu May 09, 2019 10:09 am

0.6.3 update highlights

Candle-selling scene adjusted to give the player more agency
Aftermath scene if Minnie and Barbara exchange cards
New scenes in through Jan 7th

Scene for learning Fire Trap should display

Started work on Diamond spell
Partial implementation of Fire Trap spell
Detect Charm indicates direction of enchanted walls/floors

Clarifying lines added to some scenes
'NEW' indicator for saves now 'NEWEST'.
Some save warnings + dungeon errors adjusted
Transition improvements
Spelling/grammar fixes

---

We are now beginning semester 2, and there should be at least one scene available for each of the five major character paths. There's also some extra dialog if you were pursuing Damien up until Christmas but take this opportunity to switch to William.

ViviFellow

#396 Post by ViviFellow » Thu May 09, 2019 11:43 am

I found an error, only happends if you enter in Ellen's route, talking about her family and her sister, but I think is just and sprite code error.

hanako
Site Admin

#397 Post by hanako » Fri May 10, 2019 10:41 pm

0.6.5 patch (mostly bugfix):

​Debug messages trimmed
Monster motion messages now more sensibly prioritised, so you should correctly see arrivals
ellen_damien_relationship flag scrubber added
chose_week_16_records flag initialised
missing ellen frown sprite fixed
Monster movement now triggers Fire Traps
Farspeak implemented

phoenixgirl

#398 Post by phoenixgirl » Sat May 11, 2019 6:20 am

I found a bug during the fourth dungeon exam. It was my first time trying this, so yeah.

When I used push on the balden beast, I got one of those rollback exception errors.

Oh and a couple of questions/comments in regards to a couple of people's paths:

When I thought of Barbara in the gym during Potsdam's spell, she didn't react at all. I'm not sure if that's supposed to happen (since Barbara is naturally mysterious, so maybe she just wouldn't react at all?) or if I didn't do enough to get favor points with her. I didn't get her as a Secret Santa and I think I always chose options favorable to her although I only spent one time in the dungeons on the weekend, so yeah. Also, on Luke's path, I did think of him and got a response, but I didn't get a scene with him when the MC returns. Is that supposed to happen?
Please help and support me here.

hanako
Site Admin

#399 Post by hanako » Sat May 11, 2019 7:07 am

Luke is not a major path - while Luke and Raven do have tinkly options at Christmas they do not have new scenes after Christmas yet.

While there are characters whose reactions might be a bit mysterious, if you get no reaction at all, you did not have enough points.

nightshadengale

#400 Post by nightshadengale » Sat May 11, 2019 7:15 pm

I was pondering what my student council president on Minnie's path did to get a sinister scene with Damien right before the end while my other PCs who interfered with Ellen didn't... but then I realized that maybe he's the only one who noticed because most paths have another conversation on that day...and yep, picking "no one" on another PC suddenly gets me the scene. *shivers*

I like the new option to work harder with the candles (and that Minnie seems to notice how active you've been in the new scene with her)!

Ryechu

#401 Post by Ryechu » Sun May 12, 2019 7:51 am

When attempting to cast Lightning on Bladen Beast. Full crash, notepad file:

Code: Select all

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/week15.rpy", line 35, in script call
  File "game/week15.rpy", line 366, in script call
  File "game/dungeon.rpy", line 2036, in script
  File "game/dungeon.rpy", line 2038, in <module>
Exception: <class 'wolfhall.LightningTail'> has no sprite filename set.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "F:\Users\JR\AppData\Roaming\itch\apps\magical-diary-wolf-hall\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 309, in bootstrap
    renpy.main.main()
  File "F:\Users\JR\AppData\Roaming\itch\apps\magical-diary-wolf-hall\renpy\main.py", line 487, in main
    run(restart)
  File "F:\Users\JR\AppData\Roaming\itch\apps\magical-diary-wolf-hall\renpy\main.py", line 147, in run
    renpy.execution.run_context(True)
  File "F:\Users\JR\AppData\Roaming\itch\apps\magical-diary-wolf-hall\renpy\execution.py", line 761, in run_context
    context.run()
  File "game/week15.rpy", line 35, in script call
  File "game/week15.rpy", line 366, in script call
  File "game/dungeon.rpy", line 2036, in script
  File "F:\Users\JR\AppData\Roaming\itch\apps\magical-diary-wolf-hall\renpy\ast.py", line 814, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "F:\Users\JR\AppData\Roaming\itch\apps\magical-diary-wolf-hall\renpy\python.py", line 1695, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/dungeon.rpy", line 2038, in <module>
  File "/home/renpy/projects/WolfHall/game/modules/space.py", line 1154, in redraw_screen
  File "/home/renpy/projects/WolfHall/game/modules/space.py", line 790, in Redraw
  File "/home/renpy/projects/WolfHall/game/modules/space.py", line 764, in RedrawFirstPersonManual
  File "/home/renpy/projects/WolfHall/game/modules/manualquads.py", line 2191, in build_quads_from_map
  File "/home/renpy/projects/WolfHall/game/modules/manualquads.py", line 2134, in quads_for_cell
  File "/home/renpy/projects/WolfHall/game/modules/units.py", line 689, in FirstPersonQuads
Exception: <class 'wolfhall.LightningTail'> has no sprite filename set.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.12.2.2029+SPIKY

ParrotWatcher

#402 Post by ParrotWatcher » Mon May 13, 2019 8:48 am

While talking to Damien after the break, the text implies that my room is in Horse Hall...

Also, regarding the missing students, my instant assumption was that they had revealed the truth and had their memories wiped, and I was sure I had read something about that in the game, but when I looked, I couldn't find any mention. (I did find something that said that students could *choose* to have their memories wiped, which I guess still counts.) Either way, though, it seems reasonable for at least a Scheming MC to assume that the answer is something like that.

Vivien B.

#403 Post by Vivien B. » Wed May 22, 2019 4:44 pm

Thank you so much for the nod to my suggestion concerning Columbus. <3

@ParrotWatcher,

Aaah, good theory. It makes so much sense. I never gave it any thought and just assumed the students decided they missed their old lives, and resigned. But come to think of it, that does seem extremely unlikely. People revealing the truth, either by accident or out of excitement, certainly seem more plausible.

FantasyFan

#404 Post by FantasyFan » Wed May 22, 2019 6:00 pm

Hey, I just got the email about the first voting result and since it looks like Corrinna will be a datable character (eep! :D ), I was wondering if the poetry club would be expanded on in the final game. I think it would be cool if the club eventually had its members write their own poetry to share and you could choose the subject matter of Gary Stu's poem (obviously the player couldn't actually write a whole poem, but choosing what the poem would be about could be doable, and maybe Corrinna could react differently depending on which subject you chose). Just an idea.

Quadrupletron

#405 Post by Quadrupletron » Fri May 24, 2019 8:28 am

Just as Vivien B reacted, I greatly appreciate the extra commentary regarding lack of magic. Haven't gotten to the January scenes yet, but my mind's already blown.