Kickstarter + Early Demo

Male protagonist, in the Hall for bold and athletic boys.
Mouryou

Re: Kickstarter + Early Demo

#61 Post by Mouryou » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:10 pm

The Wolf Hall demo is great and I love it so much! I'm really curious about these new "flirty" and "scheming" features. Are there more of them? Will they affect the future events or characters' attitudes towards MC? And what determines which one you get?
Being a linguistic student and a comic translator, I would also like to know whether you're interested in the game being translated into Russian :)

hanako
Site Admin

#62 Post by hanako » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:06 am

manfromba wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:39 pm
What side romances are planned? Will there be a summary of the potential characters for Kickstarter backers?
The characters who are already confirmed for side romances are Luke, Manuel, Raven, and Suki.

The voted-on bonus options won't be up for vote until after the kickstarter finishes. First thing I'll want to get everyone who backed at the appropriate level set up with access to the alpha so they can play what there is of the game so far, as that might affect people's opinions on romances. Then I'll list the eligible characters and let everyone vote.

hanako
Site Admin

#63 Post by hanako » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:18 am

Mouryou wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:10 pm
The Wolf Hall demo is great and I love it so much! I'm really curious about these new "flirty" and "scheming" features. Are there more of them? Will they affect the future events or characters' attitudes towards MC? And what determines which one you get?
The main personality 'types' for the protagonist are Flirty, Scheming, Sporty, and Lazy. Which one (or more if you tie) your character is marked as depends on your answers to questions - all the random chitchat with Grabiner, Donald, William, etc during the first week is tinkering with your base personality settings. Sometimes these settings will unlock new dialog options. More commonly, they change lines that the PC says in the middle of conversations. Many people will have seen that if their character has become Flirty, he does a little extra winky-winky at Ellen if he gets her name right (which makes her feel awkward).

It's not usually going to be a huge divergence because of personality type, it's more about shaping your playthrough style. But there certainly are times when events will go differently because of the kind of person you've made your PC into.
Being a linguistic student and a comic translator, I would also like to know whether you're interested in the game being translated into Russian :)
I don't mind people making fan translations but my branching is often pretty complicated and it can be tricky finding all the options - it's usually shorter or more straightforward games that people translate. Official translations, I can't do.

Mouryou

#64 Post by Mouryou » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:07 pm

Thanks for your answer, Hanako! :D

KitCat

#65 Post by KitCat » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:39 pm

hanako wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:18 am
Mouryou wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:10 pm
The main personality 'types' for the protagonist are Flirty, Scheming, Sporty, and Lazy. Which one (or more if you tie) your character is marked as depends on your answers to questions - all the random chitchat with Grabiner, Donald, William, etc during the first week is tinkering with your base personality settings. Sometimes these settings will unlock new dialog options. More commonly, they change lines that the PC says in the middle of conversations. Many people will have seen that if their character has become Flirty, he does a little extra winky-winky at Ellen if he gets her name right (which makes her feel awkward).

It's not usually going to be a huge divergence because of personality type, it's more about shaping your playthrough style. But there certainly are times when events will go differently because of the kind of person you've made your PC into.
I don't mind people making fan translations but my branching is often pretty complicated and it can be tricky finding all the options - it's usually shorter or more straightforward games that people translate. Official translations, I can't do.
What program used again of this? Isn´t random dialogies are somewhat difficult do, at same time others must "close"? But... Notepad/paint to picture helps... I talking HOW high prioitiy is plans at when make game(s)... even whatever program...

Grishster

#66 Post by Grishster » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:54 pm

KitKat, "Magical Diary" and "Magical Diary: Wolf Hall" are created using Ren'Py. The Ren'Py engine has its own scripting language that is fun and easy to use. Experts with Ren'Py can also use the Python programming language for more complex stuff. Hope this helps.

KitCat

#67 Post by KitCat » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:55 pm

Grishster wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:54 pm
KitKat, "Magical Diary" and "Magical Diary: Wolf Hall" are created using Ren'Py. The Ren'Py engine has its own scripting language that is fun and easy to use. Experts with Ren'Py can also use the Python programming language for more complex stuff. Hope this helps.
Yeah. Ah, you also know it ...Are you also used/try it? By the it is KitCat not Kitkat...

Grishster

#68 Post by Grishster » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:03 pm

Sorry about the name mistake, KitCat. Yes, I've played around with Ren'Py and their scripting language. They have a detailed tutorial included which is really helpful with the learning! :)

KitCat

#69 Post by KitCat » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:45 pm

Grishster wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:03 pm
Sorry about the name mistake, KitCat. Yes, I've played around with Ren'Py and their scripting language. They have a detailed tutorial included which is really helpful with the learning! :)
Sorry put to oftopic...
Back to topic...

How that KS going just now?

MegaZeroX

#70 Post by MegaZeroX » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:33 pm

Is the vote, when it happens, going to use something other than first-past-the-post? It seems like approval voting would be appropriate, particularly since we will (likely) have 2/5 options being taken.

hanako
Site Admin

#71 Post by hanako » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:23 pm

Don't know yet but you'll probably get to pick at least two options rather than only getting to vote for one.

KitCat

#72 Post by KitCat » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:49 am

hanako wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:23 pm
Don't know yet but you'll probably get to pick at least two options rather than only getting to vote for one.
But i know youre know it one day...

Grishster

#73 Post by Grishster » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:21 pm

Great job to the community for now pledging over $25K to the Kickstarter for Wolf Hall! :D

This should now unlock the following stretch goal...

Bonus Post-Game Dungeon - We will add a randomly-generated dungeon mode accessible after the end of the game, so you can take your winning character and play through a new set of obstacles.

Bloody Vikings

#74 Post by Bloody Vikings » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:10 am

THis should make for an interesting addition o the game, certainly.
So, I suppose, NEW BOOBS are a strong draw, but over time, better story wins out. -Hanako

cae

#75 Post by cae » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:19 am

I just backed the kickstarter. I'm very excited for this game! Thank you Hanako!