Kickstarter + Early Demo

Male protagonist, in the Hall for bold and athletic boys.
Franka

Re: Kickstarter + Early Demo

#16 Post by Franka » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:51 pm

hanako wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:26 pm
Franka wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:40 pm

Anyway, you should probably restrict people from naming themselves after characters already in the game. Other than the usual confusion, it also make the codex a little harder to decipher.
Well, I won't let people name cameo characters after characters in the game, but if people want to be silly and mess around with confusing character names, surely that should be their choice? :D
You're not wrong, but like I said, it kind of messes up the otherwise very neat codex.

VincentOostelbos

#17 Post by VincentOostelbos » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:29 pm

Seconded the above request for (information about the possibility of) a PayPal payment option; as someone living in the Netherlands, it is next to impossible for me to make use of creditcard payment options.

Also seconded the above expressed undying devotion for whoever paid for the Manuel romance option!

hanako
Site Admin

#18 Post by hanako » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:11 pm

I'm not really sure how the paypal thing would work. We're not set up with backerkit yet (which I guess we should look at). At a guess we might be able to do the normal tiers but not the limited ones? Not sure. Sorry I can't really give much of an answer on that yet.

Hoosha

#19 Post by Hoosha » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:30 pm

:( I'm sad the bunny didn't appear when I equipped it.

hanako
Site Admin

#20 Post by hanako » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:57 pm

It didn't? Huh. Not sure if there was a bug or the bunny graphic just wasn't included in the package because HOW THE HECK DID YOU GET THE BUNNY????

Spiky Caterpillar

#21 Post by Spiky Caterpillar » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:23 am

Hoosha wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:30 pm
:( I'm sad the bunny didn't appear when I equipped it.
Oops, I mistyped the code that uploads the yearbook pages. Send me the URL to your character's page and I'll see if I can add a bunny to it.

Hoosha

#22 Post by Hoosha » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:25 am

hanako wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:57 pm
It didn't? Huh. Not sure if there was a bug or the bunny graphic just wasn't included in the package because HOW THE HECK DID YOU GET THE BUNNY????
the same way I got it in Horse Hall :oops:

FantasyFan

#23 Post by FantasyFan » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:52 pm

Eeep! Someone backed the Suki romance! Whoever you are, thank you!

(I'd still love someone to back Raven, though. ;) )

KitCat

#24 Post by KitCat » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:34 pm

Hanako... how you feeling about ks?

Which version, if youre can say, that Demo is? before beta?

Hmm these choises aren´t tome...

ViviFellow

#25 Post by ViviFellow » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:37 pm

FantasyFan wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:52 pm
Eeep! Someone backed the Suki romance! Whoever you are, thank you!

(I'd still love someone to back Raven, though. ;) )
Well, if Raven isn't funded, the backers can vote her in the "Bonus Side Romance Stretch Goal" I wonder if Gabby'll have again a route... or Potsdam xP

hanako
Site Admin

#26 Post by hanako » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:39 pm

No teachers will be eligible for romances in Wolf Hall, sorry. They will not be included in the voting.

(For one thing, if you've played the demo, Grabiner's position as pseudo-parental-figure to WolfPC makes that something I'd feel very weird about writing. People can totally fanfic it if they want, but I'd rather not go there myself. There will, however, be more scenes of them relating to each other in private, so you will definitely see more of him.)

KitCat

#27 Post by KitCat » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:09 pm

hanako wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:39 pm
No teachers will be eligible for romances in Wolf Hall, sorry. They will not be included in the voting.
Erf... well... i see reasons that way. Good decision... if you ask me.

Runespoor

#28 Post by Runespoor » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:05 pm

I will prepare myself for campaigning/voting for Angela myself with my fingers crossed! (and thank my stars she's not a reward option, for my wallet...)

In brief, here's why Angela:
1)Relevancy to other important characters I care deeply about: she's backstory-relevant to William and Damien and thus in a unique position to watch the show and share with us should she so choose;
2)World-building: she's got a lot going on: she's ambitious and 'smart' by the wizarding world standard, so I'm interested in that aspect of the world-building and what she could tell us about it;
3)Character development: she's been presented to us as a very unpleasant person, and I want to know how she sees herself, what are the sides of her we didn't see in Horse Hall, if there's a more positive aspect to her, her hope and dreams, her fears, stuff like that;
4)Tone: her abrasiveness is vastly entertaining to me and I look forward to reading more of her opinions on everything.
thank you for coming to my TED talk about Why I Am So Invested in Angela

On another note entirely, I find it too bad Grabiner's comments about the lack of traditional nobility in wizarding America only covers natives and people of European descent, and doesn't mention African-Americans.

Tomo-chan

#29 Post by Tomo-chan » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:35 am

You can get the bunny ?!
So I ended up backing at the Early Bird tier, but I will almost definitely switch to Early Access before the deadline. I can't wait to run for student council president, flirt my way to victory, have dramatic reveals about my identity and also tell Damien to back the hell off from Ellen.
I hope all the additional romances are bought ! Personally the one I want most is Luke, I really liked him in the demo. But Raven looks really interesting as well.

EenPersoon

#30 Post by EenPersoon » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:45 am

The WolfPC is pretty interesting considering his background. I look forward to learn more about his family.

I'm happy that Manuel and Suki will be a side romance, but will it also be possible to just be friends with them? I really like friendship routes :D