Sequel Talk - Magical Diary Wolf Hall

Male protagonist, in the Hall for bold and athletic boys.
hanako
Site Admin

#61 Post by hanako » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:07 pm

I mean we met... maybe 3, 4 if you count the character you play as. There must be more that you don't get to see. I can personally name about 6 members of Wolf Hall.
...um, if you can name 6 members of Wolf Hall you've been adding things to the game that I don't know about! :)

There were only 4 onscreen, and one more mentioned but never seen. (Jamal) Most halls have only had about 3 members seen so far, to avoid making things confusing with too many characters. More will slowly trickle in over time.

EndlessMidnight

#62 Post by EndlessMidnight » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:24 pm

...um, if you can name 6 members of Wolf Hall you've been adding things to the game that I don't know about! :)
Whoops! I must have miscounted. Even though (as I now learn) it is about the same amount, I still would love to see another Horse. I just like the idea of a both daring and adventurous couple!

Fukata

#63 Post by Fukata » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:12 pm

I would like to add my voice to say that whilst a Wolf Hall episode will be quite interesting - I would actually look forward more to a 2nd+ year expansion continuing your story with HorsePC.

I thoroughly enjoyed the story, but felt the ending was rather abrupt after the failure of the Damien relationship. I was looking forward to dealing with the repercussions and character growth from that event onwards.

ElCantardelaLunaOscura

#64 Post by ElCantardelaLunaOscura » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:46 pm

Owww I'm just so excited about this!
"Y a pesar de que no estás, te llevo cosida a mi piel.
Tu recuerdo se ha instalado en mi a vivir.
Y aunque nunca volverás, busco en el trastero de mi
ese beso abandonado que nunca te di."

Caspiera

#65 Post by Caspiera » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:39 pm

I'm a little dissapointed to hear that it won't be a continuation of Horse Hall, I Really want to know whats going to happen to my OC after the Damien Path and Grabby path especially. However I'm still really excited for the sequel! It is such a cute and fun game~!

:P

Jim1958

#66 Post by Jim1958 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:32 pm

For dating options I would like to see Pastel's mother, deeply weird I know, but Damien does make reference to her and we do need a spring/fall romance, besides it will drive Pastel absolutely crazy.

DarthSnuggles

#67 Post by DarthSnuggles » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:33 pm

Originally, I was thinking that I'd really like to see a second year of Horse Hall, but now, while that's still the case, the more I think about it, the more I'd really like to see some things from the perspective of the other halls. I'm especially looking forward to seeing more than the little snippets of the Minnie/Kyo conflict, and maybe being able to actually have a direct effect on that whole situation.

It's probably the thing that nagged at me the most during Horse Hall, because it was set up to seem like a really toxic situation, and it killed me that Mary Sue couldn't really do much to help unless she was married (and even then, the effects of your actions occurred offscreen). I got so frustrated with Professor Potsdam and her lack of responsiveness when you try to talk to her, and I felt really bad for Minnie when I saw that she'd taken Kyo back again for the May Day Ball.

So...yeah. I really kind of would like to see a future game where the protagonist could intervene a bit more directly, either as a rival love-interest, or just a concerned friend. Protecting Minnie would be a good thing, but I'd also be really happy if you could become friends with Kyo and convince him to back off before he gets so crazy.

It would also be cool to get to know and learn more about Jacob, Luke, and/or Logan. Guys act a little differently around other guys than they do when there are girls nearby (or so I'm told by my guy friends, lol) and it would be fun to see what they do when they're not running Bingo games, giving you trick candy, or trying to force your roommate to marry them.

Honestly, the more I think about it, the more awesome I think it will be to get two and (maybe, eventually) four or six different views of the same school year. I'd still love to see a sequel year for Horse Hall at some point, but after giving it some thought, I'm way more excited about the possibility of getting into Wolf, Butterfly, Falcon, Snake or Toad Halls. And I can't wait to see what new characters we meet and what familiar folks have new facets revealed.

biscuit

#68 Post by biscuit » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:03 am

I just wanted to jump in and say that I bought Wolf Hall, and am already looking forward to seeing any expansions! I love how it felt like a glimpse into this whole new world, and how the different paths changed the outcomes.

Caspiera

#69 Post by Caspiera » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:15 pm

biscuit wrote:I just wanted to jump in and say that I bought Wolf Hall, and am already looking forward to seeing any expansions! I love how it felt like a glimpse into this whole new world, and how the different paths changed the outcomes.
Did you buy wolf hall or horse hall? cause if its wolf hall lemme know where u got it xD

biscuit

#70 Post by biscuit » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:48 am

Typoed while I got excited looking at the sequel/expansion. :lol:

sophie1996

#71 Post by sophie1996 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:41 am

When is this game coming out?

hanako
Site Admin

#72 Post by hanako » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:02 am

From the first post:
These games are NOT actually being written at the moment and as such, information is subject to change.
I haven't written word one of code for it, nor do I have any art (For taht matter I'm still waiting on art for the Big Steve update so that I can add some new content to the first game!). I have some plans and ideas, but that's it. So I can't possibly answer that question. :)

It's not currently at the front of the queue of games to work on.

kyoli

#73 Post by kyoli » Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:58 pm

aww!! so we will be in suspense for a while!

but every good game takes time and serious thought!
just know it is going to be great even though we will have to wait a while for it ^_^

DarthSnuggles

#74 Post by DarthSnuggles » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:34 pm

Hey, look at it this way, it gives us all time to play other games by Hanako and other designers, and maybe even work on our own projects. (If you want more good otome games in the world, why not make some? At least, that's my philosophy.)

And in the mean time, I'll have fun daydreaming about what could be.

ashley916

#75 Post by ashley916 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:16 pm

1 thing i would like to see
is a secret ending somthing that would be extreamly hard to obtain

or a event
player sneaks in girls locker room and is busted by another npc who out of panic cast a spell that temp blinds char lol or somthing like that