Sequel Talk - Magical Diary Wolf Hall

Male protagonist, in the Hall for bold and athletic boys.
hanako
Site Admin

Re: Sequel Talk - Magical Diary Wolf Hall

#361 Post by hanako » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:32 pm

nope

since it's user-customisable the only way to show it off will be when there's a game to use to build your character out of.

YellowNukaCola

#362 Post by YellowNukaCola » Mon May 18, 2015 9:56 pm

First off, congrats on finishing Black Closet! It's an amazingly fun game!

Second off, I just wanted to add my own excitement to the pile you got going here about Wolf Hall. I am eager to see the from a new view point and being able to meet more characters will be really fun. Now that you are done with BC are you going to be shifting focus to this? Or do you have any other fun projects on the horizon?

OneCuteKat

#363 Post by OneCuteKat » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:45 am

New forum user but OH MY GOD so excited. I recently played through the game (donald and damien, so far) even tho I owned it for about a year now i just never got around to playing it (pulled it from humble bundle)

I can't WAIT to play wolf hall I better space out playing the other three romances in anticipation :o! (grabby (hilarious), virginia(fun!), and then ellen (my lest favorite))

Can't wait to play the new sequel when it one day comes out and until then I definitely will be playing your other games now that i've discovered them Hanako :D! <3

princessluv2120

#364 Post by princessluv2120 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:50 am

Hey! I have to say I absolutely LOVE Magical Diary! it is alot of fun. :) My favorite is Proffesor Grabby's route. It is so much fun. I need to play the other routes but idk i just love his route. ANYway im excited about wolf hall! (: You are a fantastic visual novelist. I do have a tiny question. Is there any hope at all for a 2nd year game? I really wanna keep pursuing grabby & see if we stay married. LOL. If not have u considered making a book or anything kinda like this game? Also. what visual engine do u use to make these :?: :?: :?: :D :D :D

Rambling Fox

#365 Post by Rambling Fox » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:40 pm

It's going to take me a while to get used to the new art style, but I am still looking forward to Wolf Hall.
I wish I could help out with the art, but I am really not good at drawing. I would offer my writing services, but I saw Hanako's post about that. I understand; you would rather have your ideas and not a compromise written by multiple writers, plus discussions. I must say, however, that it's hard being a one writer team for games that have multiple paths. I believe you can do it though, Hanako, since you already have several games out! (laughs)
As far as date-able characters go, I would like to see Manuel as an option. If it's not possible, then I'd least like to have his character and background developed. Like, is he a wolf fairy, a type of werewolf, or are those ears and tail actually real? I'm currently writing a fanfiction starring an OC Toad, and one of his roommates is Manuel. I must say, it's hard to develop an already established side character that doesn't have that much of a background.
I also see Damien as a possible romantic interest, since if you don't date him in Horse Hall, it's rumored he "takes advantage" of a freshman boy and gets expelled. I'd like to think that the freshman boy mentioned would be the MC for Wolf Hall. William would also be a good romantic candidate, I believe.
Minnie would be an interesting choice, since it would most likely mean getting involved in Kyo and Jacob's fight. I don't know what other female options would be good. Maybe one of the Snake girls?
I'll try to stay in touch with the game updates, and to anyone interested in reading the mentioned fanfic, it's in the fanfiction forum.

hanako
Site Admin

#366 Post by hanako » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:32 pm

Manuel is not intended as a romance for this game, I don't think he and WolfPC will click that well. I do know more about him than I've said, but like most characters, exploration of his backstory is really meant for when he's either your roommate or your romance. You can make up what you like, though, no one will be surprised when canon suddenly contradicts you in the future, it always happens :) Almost any fanfic currently including Jacob, Minnie, or Manuel is getting them horribly wrong (to me) right now but to some degree that's a good thing as it reminds me that I need to get my version done so people can see it!

pod95

#367 Post by pod95 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:55 pm

Really looking forward to this :) Absolutely loved Horse Hall, and it was in fact the game that got me into VN's and such in the first place ^_^ Don't suppose there are any more sprites you can spoil ;) I won't tell if you don't <3 :P

Runespoor

#368 Post by Runespoor » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:58 pm

For me the main take-away from the few pages I've read of this thread is that yes, whatever the continuity, the entire Danson family really is that good-looking.

If Potsdam really wanted to conquer the world, she should just get William to smile at it and promise it hugs.

Pixelen

#369 Post by Pixelen » Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:28 pm

Hanako, I just have to say after seeing the sprites, I am SO excited for this! At first I wasn't sure of the art style (I was resisting change I guess) but they've super grown on me and now I prefer them! I know it's a long time coming but I'm eagerly awaiting this :D

Emmerah

#370 Post by Emmerah » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:27 pm

I know it's not likely and I'm not even putting this forward as a serious suggestion but I think it'd be super cool if you could load our save from Horse Hall into Wolf Hall and hear about some of the events. Haha... Like HH MC getting married to Grabiner >_> though... if WH MC became treasurer it'd completely invalidate that path, so, y'know, there's a big reason not to do that. =P

Anyway, love Horse Hall and I am super looking forward to Wolf Hall, even if I do prefer playing as a girl.

blushofspring

#371 Post by blushofspring » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:32 am

But... will we ever find out if the PC and Grabby get divorced or not? :shock:

hanako
Site Admin

#372 Post by hanako » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:26 am

She's your PC. Isn't that up to you? :)

blushofspring

#373 Post by blushofspring » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:39 pm

But will we ever get a continuation of the character from Magical Diary's story?

FantasyFan

#374 Post by FantasyFan » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:42 pm

Hanako has said it's extremely unlikely. BUT we might eventually get games for all six Halls, which I'd rather have anyway.

Foelhe

#375 Post by Foelhe » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:45 am

I prefer that kind of thing to be headcanon anyway. I've got Mary Sues who I like to think stayed with Grabiner forever and Mary Sues who divorced him after the year-and-a-day but tried to start up a more traditional romance after graduation. Making one canon just messes with the others.