Sequel Talk - Magical Diary Wolf Hall

Male protagonist, in the Hall for bold and athletic boys.
Grimma1

Re: Sequel Talk - Magical Diary Wolf Hall

#316 Post by Grimma1 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:51 pm

Oh okay. I'm thinking about writing a fan-fic to suggest a character for your next game. Magical Diary or not. Simply because I respect the difficulties of character personality design.
The character in question is an over protective big-brother type. And in the fan-fic, there may be some clashes with Damien!
I'll write the first blip, and post it while I finish the piece. But if you have any ideas for side character's you want to see in your games, but don't have the time to write a personality piece for them, I would be happy to assist in any way I can.
[Edit] I guess Mary Sue should be one of the main characters. Since she's the one with the least amount of weight about her storyline. This makes sense.. Sure. I'll hopefully have a sample for you guys in a bit.

M_Keith

#317 Post by M_Keith » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:55 pm

hanako wrote:Wouldn't work out, I'm afraid.

For one, it's the difference in which characters are present that causes the plot to shift. You'll be interacting with a lot of the same people but things won't turn out the same way, partly because Mary Sue is not there.

For another, the art style has changed and it wouldn't be possible for every design from the first game to show up now.

If and when we ever do get the game written though it'd be interesting to see fanfic on what might have happened if they were both there (but you'll have to wait and find out what Gary Stu is like first, as he may surprise you!)

So, Mary Sue does not exist? She is completly erased from the plane of existence?
Mmmm, I wonder who Damien is going to choose for iniciation then... If he chooses Virginia there might be trouble!

p.s:
I find genius how, in the first game you are a wildseed, but in the second you are not, wich in retrospect makes sense because in your first playthough of the first game you know nothing about it's world, but when you play the second game you already have some information about it!
(first post ever yay)

Spandex Faffy

#318 Post by Spandex Faffy » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:10 am

M_Keith wrote:So, Mary Sue does not exist? She is completly erased from the plane of existence?
Mmmm, I wonder who Damien is going to choose for iniciation then... If he chooses Virginia there might be trouble!
Well damien is datable in wolf so he might pick gary, but I hope you are picked by Angela or Big Steve, so him picking Virginia would be cool

M_Keith

#319 Post by M_Keith » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:55 pm

Spandex Faffy wrote: Well damien is datable in wolf so he might pick gary, but I hope you are picked by Angela or Big Steve, so him picking Virginia would be cool
There are so many possibilities for who your senior might be, it can be a familiar face or someone completly new!
But for now all we can do is speculate :D

themightydoof

#320 Post by themightydoof » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:13 pm

I think Angela is most likely to be the MC's senior since with both Damien and William dateable she's bound to be an important character anyway.

M_Keith

#321 Post by M_Keith » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:19 pm

Hey Hanako, question real quick.
Can I post some fanart of the characters with their new designs on the Fanworks section?

Thanks

hanako
Site Admin

#322 Post by hanako » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:21 pm

Sure, if you want.

Hataru

#323 Post by Hataru » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:52 pm

While excited for the game. The only thing I am dreading is Damien. Mind, you he is the type of character that just rubbed me in all the wrong ways. Perhaps have three males and three females to date. Especially as we have Damien who was in the previous game as an option. As this is a sequel, it would be best if we have as many new characters to choose from as we had from the previous game.

P.S. I really hate Damien with a passion. I know, don't like him, don't have to choose him.

Oki

#324 Post by Oki » Thu May 15, 2014 2:26 am

Hataru wrote:While excited for the game. The only thing I am dreading is Damien. Mind, you he is the type of character that just rubbed me in all the wrong ways. Perhaps have three males and three females to date. Especially as we have Damien who was in the previous game as an option. As this is a sequel, it would be best if we have as many new characters to choose from as we had from the previous game.

P.S. I really hate Damien with a passion. I know, don't like him, don't have to choose him.
Yeah that Damien, he sure is a jerk no one should like - I KNOW I HAVE A PROBLEM OKAY!
I've been here so long even Hanako is sick of me

hanako
Site Admin

#325 Post by hanako » Wed May 21, 2014 12:22 am

While trying to organise my files I found some original concept sketches, I don't think I've ever posted these. Someone might be interested. (Art outdated now though, of course!)

Warning - notes may constitute spoilers. Or be entirely misleading.

http://www.hanakogames.com/md/Concept_Potsdam.jpg

FantasyFan

#326 Post by FantasyFan » Wed May 21, 2014 2:42 am

Wow . . . now I see Potsam in a whole new light.

Darksilverhawk

#327 Post by Darksilverhawk » Thu May 22, 2014 12:06 am

It never even occurred to me that she might be wearing pants rather than a skirt. That's probably actually the revelation that shocks me the most.

hanako
Site Admin

#328 Post by hanako » Thu May 22, 2014 1:08 am

She isn't, actually - I did mention the design is outdated. ;) This was an early concept, no detail mentioned is necessarily accurate.

The pants were changed, but I'm not sure you can ever see enough of her sprite on the full game to know that. (IIRC in alpha we had her on the title screen in more detail? It's been a while.)

Hoosha

#329 Post by Hoosha » Thu May 22, 2014 2:40 pm

O.O WOW! I want to replay the whole game now just to pick up hints on Potsam's true nature

coolboysoldier

#330 Post by coolboysoldier » Fri May 23, 2014 4:42 pm

Loved Magical Dairy, and I would be happy if you would make more visual novel rpgs like this one which is GxG, and I played one called Loren the Amazon Princess which was great but not made by you guys and so I like these sort of games.

I just want to encourage you to make more like these sort of rpgs visual romance games which are GxG especially! otherwise I am just not interested in buying your games, sorry.

I was let down that there were 3 guys that you could date in Magical Diary and only 2 girls. Not so much for equality, are you?

I am just saying that I would like the same amount of girls you can date as guys and this is only an encouragement like I said and I hope this will happen more often and then I will be glad to purchase more of your games.

Regards