Sequel Talk - Magical Diary Wolf Hall

Male protagonist, in the Hall for bold and athletic boys.
Oki

Re: Sequel Talk - Magical Diary Wolf Hall

#301 Post by Oki » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:07 pm

I find that really funny given that Angela is completely made of character available stuff. You can easily replicate her appearance and she isn't unique.

But I'll agree now she seems like a generic villain type female. I think she'd look better with less make up and more of a curl down short style, pretty naturally and very haughty about it. Covering her in makeup almost seems detrimental to the image she has.
I've been here so long even Hanako is sick of me

CthulhuLemon

#302 Post by CthulhuLemon » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:00 pm

I'm really excited to see more body shape diversity, particularly the curvy Ellen. I'm hoping the player-character has a husky body option, too. (I suppose you could even do the endomorph, mesomorph, ectomorph types?) Varied representation for the win!

wendymarlowe

#303 Post by wendymarlowe » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:47 pm

Well Hanako, you said back in 2007 that you had a 2013 resolution to work on the sequel, and I see by your Twitter posts you're making progress - still feeling positive about this becoming a viable game sometime? (Soon, I hope?)

(Need beta testers? :D :D :D )

hanako
Site Admin

#304 Post by hanako » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:00 pm

Progress? Not on this game, no... don't expect this to even get started until Black Closet is in beta. Sorry. :) Right now I'm trying to push BC forward while getting Science Girls ready for a Steam launch.

The only positive thing I can say is that I'm refusing to get into any other new projects until Wolf Hall is dealt with.

Hazel

#305 Post by Hazel » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:21 pm

Having made many such resolutions in the past, Hanako, you'll forgive me if I'm a wee bit skeptical.

Hoosha

#306 Post by Hoosha » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:44 am

HANAKO, DEARIIIIIE. DON'T DISAPPOINT MEEEEEE!

yinello

#307 Post by yinello » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:22 pm

Keeping my fingers crossed!

pinkorchestra

#308 Post by pinkorchestra » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:24 am

Here's my wishlist as perhaps one of those rare rabid male fans. Of course, since the wishlist vastly exceeds the amount of content anyone could reasonably expect, so I won't feel bad if/when most of it gets disregarded.

Girls:
Minnie (confirmed) - I basically thought Minnie was a saint after she became the only student to write in my yearbook after I became universally reviled at school (during the Damien path). I'm excited about this path, especially because I think it will be way more than a generic "WHITE KNIGHT RESCUE THE DAMSEL IN DISTRESS" plot.

Professor Potsdam - Yeah, this probably disturbs a few people, but is she really that much older than Grabiner? And Grabiner was great. Plus, there was that amusing conversation with Donald/Luke while making candles.

Pastel - From the start, Pastel seemed like one of those totally unapproachable characters and her uh, interesting way of interacting people seemed to consign her to permanent side-character status. I feel that kind of character archetype is rarely explored in games, so I'd be interested to see more.

Angela - Angela was perfectly depicted as the glorious alpha bitch of the school. Would be interesting to uh...delve in that character. Can some dorky freshman rando succeed where sparkly William AND Damien both failed? Even if the path was guaranteed to end in horrible tears, I'd still want to play it.

Ellen - Since the protagonist isn't a wildseed, it would be interesting to see how the interaction would differ. Especially if the protagonist was a snooty, tooty, screw science wizard.

Boys:
William - I was crushed that there was no William option in the original, but considering the nature of his history with Damien, that might not have been plausible. Heh. So yeah, here's hoping to William. We need one Danson...right?

Manuel - I think everyone is cheering for this based on very limited interactions with the character, but I'll shamelessly echo the sentiment.

Unnamed Blonde Guy in Green Magic Class - the dude who questioned about using green magic to make people suffer. This guy piqued my interest and I was disappointed I didn't get to see more of him.

Gamer

#309 Post by Gamer » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:56 am

Please do NOT make William a romanceable option! I love him but I feel that by doing so, his past with Damien would lose all significance. I am curious to know more about his relationship with Angela. Did he date her prior to dating Damien and was this before or after Damien dated her?

hanako
Site Admin

#310 Post by hanako » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:37 pm

Canon is clear that the William/Damien relationship was in their freshman year. While I don't think I ever stated in the last game when William dated Angela, or when Damien dated Angela, but you can safely assume that William/Damien was first.

Ayanni

#311 Post by Ayanni » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:52 pm

I always thought that William/Angela was before William/Damien :?

Gamer

#312 Post by Gamer » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:47 pm

It would be interesting if Damien stole Angela from William! I did enjoy the sexual tension between the two boys though I didn't realize that was what it was when I first played through it - which made it all the more amusing. I would have found it interesting if William was shown to still have feelings for Damien (because who doesn't love a twisted romance?). I would have liked to see him demonstrate what made him a Falcon when he first came to the school!

Btw, on an unrelated note, I was playing the Donald route today and in the scene where he talks about trying out for the school play, he says he only got in the chorus because he's a freshman. Isn't he supposed to be older?

yinello

#313 Post by yinello » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:46 pm

Gamer wrote:It would be interesting if Damien stole Angela from William! I did enjoy the sexual tension between the two boys though I didn't realize that was what it was when I first played through it - which made it all the more amusing. I would have found it interesting if William was shown to still have feelings for Damien (because who doesn't love a twisted romance?). I would have liked to see him demonstrate what made him a Falcon when he first came to the school!

Btw, on an unrelated note, I was playing the Donald route today and in the scene where he talks about trying out for the school play, he says he only got in the chorus because he's a freshman. Isn't he supposed to be older?
His birthday is on Oct 29 and by then he is indeed one year older than Virginia but still a freshman. I guess that means he's not a full year older than Virginia (otherwise he'd be in second year). I'm not sure when Virginia's birthday is. I know my SO and I have about half a year between us and we were in the same year.

Grimma1

#314 Post by Grimma1 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:44 am

Sorry if this was aforementioned, there was like.. A billion pages and, while I would like to read them all, I spent all day playing with a two year old, and I feel I could currently cook eggs with my eyes.
(No, I wont try this. Because I have a cooking degree and I KNOW it wouldn't work. What do you mean I wont do anything with the degree? Wasted time? Shut-up other voice.)
Right. What? Oh.
I think it would be interesting to have yourself pursuable character.
(Oh my LORD, shut up, I'm going to elaborate.)
So, I know a few games out there will read data from your previous save file from the previous game. And as such, I thought it might be cool to be able to upload a Mary Sue from your saved game. The storyline would have to assume you did.. Well.. I guess nothing? Wait what?
Damien as a pursuable character would in turn mean that Mary Sue could be pursuable right?
(Right.)
Right.
I guess her personality would be.. hmm.. Over all Mary Sue seems kind of timid.. So I suppose you could just make her timid, with as little information about her grades as possible.
(Kinda like she's avoiding telling you because you could either feel dumb or worry about her failing, right?)
Right.
So. Thoughts?

hanako
Site Admin

#315 Post by hanako » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:17 pm

Wouldn't work out, I'm afraid.

For one, it's the difference in which characters are present that causes the plot to shift. You'll be interacting with a lot of the same people but things won't turn out the same way, partly because Mary Sue is not there.

For another, the art style has changed and it wouldn't be possible for every design from the first game to show up now.

If and when we ever do get the game written though it'd be interesting to see fanfic on what might have happened if they were both there (but you'll have to wait and find out what Gary Stu is like first, as he may surprise you!)