Sequel Talk - Magical Diary Wolf Hall

Male protagonist, in the Hall for bold and athletic boys.
Oki

#211 Post by Oki » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:47 am

Lol, I love that response. Fanfiction. Why would I write or draw for stuff anymore, I did a ton of stuff with no results. Curse my love of under appreciated characters. It's no fun to do a bunch of work if not a single person seems to like what you do. I'll just roll around and wait until Horse Hall, lol.

DAT GRABBY. Foine. I exponentially prefer this art styles. There were just some grammatical issues in the other I couldn't shake and it really bothered me. Like really. Psyched. AT LEAST I CAN HAVE DRAGON AGE 3 THIS YEAR I'LL USE IT TO DISTRACT ME Y/Y

hanako
Site Admin

#212 Post by hanako » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:59 am

I don't think it's under-appreciated characters so much as a rather small group of people actually looking at ANY works, and only an even-smaller subset of those are likely to comment. :)

(I, for one, can't really comment much on fic for obvious reasons!)

Gabihime

#213 Post by Gabihime » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:57 pm

I know you read everything and snicker about it in private though.

I know this because: This is exactly what I would do.

I try not to actually sweat who's reading or not reading. I mean, primarily I write P&P for my own amusement. A lot more people read each chapter than actually review, although there are some very sweet and dedicated reviewers who are naturally appreciated.

The fandom is just really small. But to put it into perspective, I think I have more active readers in Magical Diary than I do in Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side, and I ever-so-humbly own Himuro Reiichi fanfiction. All in all, the fan presence in Magical Diary is really good considering how small I imagine the player base is.

Edit: On a gameplay note, I always max White when I play. I think you can do pretty much anything with White, Blue, and a little Green, so I don't consider any of those under powered at all.

My first playthrough I was really convinced there was some sort of ghost event that I could access with a high enough White score, so I got in the habit of maxing it. But that just ended up being Ellen crying herself to sleep. Poor Ellen, I thought you were Moaning Myrtle. FYI: Hana-chu, consider adding a ghost character to Wolf Hall, since everything is still in such early planning. Even if you don't want to make it conditional on learning white magic (I know you don't like that) I still think it could be awesomely enjoyable.

I hope the boy character you reveal next is Manuel. He is adorable.

Oki

#214 Post by Oki » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:44 pm

My Grabiner fic is oddly well liked, it's the others that aren't. But it's mostly the art I mean- I've been doing this since I was 4 years old (I am 21) and no one ever seems to like what I do. Doesn't matter the fandom. I've drawn for everything from Bleach to Magical Diary to well everything. It's a complex I have developed, sadly. When the DEVs of Dragon Age actually commented on the piece I spent 10 hours on, I pretty much shat myself and continued living. I guess life is really all about failure and self love, I'm really just a depressed person who's too hard on themselves. /radarada DONT DEPEND ON THE APPROVAL OF OTHERS radarada

Oh god if it were me I'd just be in my head all the time,

"Shut up and do it! Wait, I'm the writer of this. Huh."

Hazel

#215 Post by Hazel » Fri May 03, 2013 7:47 am

Oh! Looks like I missed a lot. I am thrilled about Minnie and Potsdam and also happy to find that Ellen will have a role in the game since I adore her. I am also pretty excited about new characters, I always love sequels that expand the repertoire of characters.

manfromba

#216 Post by manfromba » Fri May 03, 2013 4:22 pm

Will Ellen be romanceable again?

skuzzbopper

#217 Post by skuzzbopper » Sun May 12, 2013 11:09 pm

The art is coming out very nicely!

I'm really looking forward to seeing more on the romancibles (as I think everyone is). I'm already totally sold on Magical Diary-- it's the game I replay when I need something comfortable and fun. As far as the magic types go, I did experiment with the types I used with each test, but once I figured out what worked best I stuck with that. I play it more for the story anyway.

I was so psyched to hear there might be new characters to play with! Might there be a new romancible? I'll try not to get too excited, but hey... I'm excited already, haha.

hanako
Site Admin

#218 Post by hanako » Sun May 12, 2013 11:39 pm

I prefer to reveal characters in groups so I'm waiting for another sprite to complete before showing the next set. :)

Equipment is set to be a little less silly this time around. WolfPC doesn't get wacky glasses, wings, or massive spell-boosting gear (color-specific charms will affect casting cost instead, and you can only slot one at a time). I kept the Wiggle Wand though, and he does get some new things of his own.

FantasyFan

#219 Post by FantasyFan » Mon May 13, 2013 2:48 am

Aw, I liked the wacky glasses and wings.

hanako
Site Admin

#220 Post by hanako » Mon May 13, 2013 12:52 pm

More characters!

phoenixgirl

#221 Post by phoenixgirl » Mon May 13, 2013 1:02 pm

Ooohh I know who the guys are although the girl in the middle I have no clue. lol

And woot, I finally bought MD through the sale mentioned in the newsletter. I'm enjoying it a lot so far. :D
Please help and support me here.

Hoosha

#222 Post by Hoosha » Mon May 13, 2013 1:30 pm

:O I know the guy on the right is William but is the guy on the left Kyo? If so, I'm glad the two of them look less girly. The shared hairs in Horse Hall made a lot of the guys look super girly, AND THAT'S OK! But I like this style better for them :roll:

Oki

#223 Post by Oki » Mon May 13, 2013 1:47 pm

Yeeeeeuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuus exceeeellleeent exceeeellleeeeeeent

Gabihime

#224 Post by Gabihime » Mon May 13, 2013 3:06 pm

Hahahaha XD I love Kyo's "WTF" face XD

I write him like he's off the rails, so I'm always pleased to see him! I hope since Minnie is a dating choice you can stuff Kyo inside his own locker or something.

I'm excited to see a new Snake as well. I like her hip earring.

Also, please say there will be more Suki this time. Suki: so amazing.

EDIT: Is that Barbara? If it is, I'm glad I have some idea what she looks like, as I was about to give her red hair and a Kansas accent XD If it's not, the only other person I can think of is Musette, if she is possibly coming back (or wasn't expelled in this game).

Hazel

#225 Post by Hazel » Mon May 13, 2013 3:27 pm

So happy to see a Snake girl, this is going to be awesome. She looks a little blase for the eccentric set, though.