Sequel Talk - Magical Diary Wolf Hall

Male protagonist, in the Hall for bold and athletic boys.
Moo

#106 Post by Moo » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:34 pm

Fukata wrote:I thoroughly enjoyed the story, but felt the ending was rather abrupt after the failure of the Damien relationship. I was looking forward to dealing with the repercussions and character growth from that event onwards.
Agreed with that^
I wouldn't mind a whole new story/character/options at all tho ;D
I'm a girl but I don't mind the boy roleplay, I'll just go after guys as usual xD.
I'm not that interested in any guy char I saw so far though, aside from Damien(which will majorly annoy me if he pulls off a similar stunt again), but if I could have at least one other new person it'd be cool.

mephiztophel

#107 Post by mephiztophel » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:10 pm

gah any continuation of the grabiner path ((in an out side story or game)) would be most welcome. >.> I find myself addicted to this snape like fellow.

kikyomoon

#108 Post by kikyomoon » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:10 am

It would be interesting if Grabby would be a pursuable character in this one too.

Grabby and Damien are my favourite characters. :D :)

animeluver45

#109 Post by animeluver45 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:00 am

kyoli wrote:as much as i would like to be able to pursue kyo in a future game. i would feel so weird doing so. (cause that is my son's name)
Funny thing is I wrote that before I did Grabiner's path and after doing Grabiner's path there's no way in hell I want to pursue Kyo now :P I feel so bad for Minnie now.

marilhama16

#110 Post by marilhama16 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:47 am

I really liked the game and I'm looking forward for the second one! William and Damien as datable characters is something that really amuses me as well as Minnie. In the other hand, I would not like the idea of Raven (from Snake Hall) as datable character but Potsdam would be so funny! And since most of the players are female I would prefer more male paths than females, but that's just me. But I would like Pastel as datable character! But not Manuel neither Big Steve, but the point is WE CAN NOW DATE WILLIAM! :D.

And I've been meaning to ask, William is gay or bi? I wonder.

OverlyObsessed2001

#111 Post by OverlyObsessed2001 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:33 am

marilhama16 wrote:And I've been meaning to ask, William is gay or bi? I wonder.
I think this is a world that takes an "everyone is bi" approach. Which I personally have absolutely no problem with, even though in RL I'm straight. -shrugs- :D

kikyomoon

#112 Post by kikyomoon » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:14 pm

It's kind of strange that the characters don't seem to mind that someone is gay or bi. I personally wished that they could have some reactions...

hanako
Site Admin

#113 Post by hanako » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:36 pm

Yes, it removes a source of conflict, but there are plenty of other settings where one can have gay-related angst. :)

(This is, after all, Bizarro Fanfiction World.)

However, just because this setting leans towards gender being a non-issue, that doesn't mean absolutely everyone is equally interested in everyone. There are characters who will only be obtainable as certain genders.

ninja.reject

#114 Post by ninja.reject » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:28 pm

If you include girly hairstyles and stuff then I can play and pick a girl name and generally pretend to be a girl! Bc I am one. I guess my character would be technically tran. Hopefully there will be a couple of guys to pursue? I am glad Damien is coming back. I don't know why people hate on him so much. He kept my heart pounding. He is beautiful! And come on, it is a game, I thought the alternative route to happiness was exciting. That was some fantastic writing, Hanako.

marilhama16

#115 Post by marilhama16 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:51 pm

I don't hate Damien, I don't hate him at all. But in Hose Hall he's path is not my favorite, I think Donald's is waaaay better. And this may sound strange but I've been thinking in Wolf Hall the character will be ''uke'' or ''seme'' (?) I don't think I would want my character to be an uke kind of guy.

hanako
Site Admin

#116 Post by hanako » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:56 pm

That's complicated to answer. You'll have to find out. :)

(Moved a bunch of other posts off to the main forum because they were starting to turn into a thread about the first game.)

marilhama16

#117 Post by marilhama16 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:58 am

Oh okay then. But the idea of him being seme really amuses me, I mean, I'm slightly tomboyish myself and I don't want my boy player-character to be some kind of girly boy, but that's just me.

Irazue Zira

:D Yaiii!!

#118 Post by Irazue Zira » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:38 am

It sound really interestic all the topic about the Hall of Wolves just that, if I can question, can you make posible to use a boy or a girl???
And more thins to buy :D

hanako
Site Admin

#119 Post by hanako » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:53 pm

Well, no. It's not possible for any of these games to have a boy-or-girl protagonist, because then it would have to be two completely different games set in two different halls with two different sets of roommates.

Horse Hall is a girls' hall. You play a girl.

Wolf Hall is a boys' hall. You play a boy.

Within the setting it's certainly possible to play a character who looks female but identifies male, and thus could attend Wolf Hall as a boy, but since he would still be referred to as male at all times it would confuse players who didn't understand the idea. (And that idea will make more sense later after you've met certain characters...)

marilhama16

#120 Post by marilhama16 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:17 pm

I think that the player character in Wolf Hall should be like Donald, I would love to play my character like that! :D