Sequel Talk - Magical Diary Wolf Hall

Male protagonist, in the Hall for bold and athletic boys.
cuddlyEmo

#31 Post by cuddlyEmo » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:47 pm

First of all: *jumpjumpjump* LOOOOVE the idea!!

Well, here are a few suggestions/ hopes for the sequel:

-DEFINATELY guy-love!!
-Datable Manuel (cutie!)
-Datable Suki (adorable weirdo!)
-Datable Barbara (y'know the "ninja" with the knives ;) )
-The opportunity to select which club to join
-Being able to actually become president
-More interaction with minor characters
-Maybe a character sheet in the beginning of the game, so that the player can choose some dominant characteristics for JonDoe (even though he's already kinda represented by being a "wolf") which slightly change the conversations in-game
-More scene-shots, e.g. showing the couple holding hands, hugging, kissing, playing, maybe even fighting/ arguing (?)

Also, I hope to hear more about the relationship between magic and electronics? Maybe a classic female best friend falling in love with JonDoe's greatest rival? Rivalry in general?

Your cuddly emo ;)

ladysasuke

#32 Post by ladysasuke » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:53 pm

I can't wait for this one even more so for the possible Yaoi!!!

A list of things I'd love/hope to see are

- William, Damien, Logan, and Donald as possible guy options
- More club options and a chance to join the musical and theater. More options to attend these clubs
- More chances to use magic inside and maybe outside of school.
- Scavenger hunts like with teams of two
- Options to go on dates
- More dungeons!!! I liked exploring and using magic
- Cute romance scenes
- I like the idea of a character sheet and maybe being able to choose some characteristics of Gary-sue

GodaimeTsunade

#33 Post by GodaimeTsunade » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:54 pm

Ohhh! I'm so excited about this! Even if the character is male >.<
I will play because of Damien! I loved him in the 1st game, will Ellen and Virginia be there as well?
Potsdam would be a fun love interest, I think, she's just so unpredictable and sweet <3

Nebel2002

#34 Post by Nebel2002 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:28 am

i guess, i'm one of the few who's against yaoi... oh well, i just hope it won't be very easy path that you could choose without realizing...
but i'm looking forward to sequel. i'm sure it will be as great as first game.

and this:
hanako wrote:There are no plans for a second year at this point but it's not impossible.
:D
my hope doesn't want to die...

Yumeshojo

#35 Post by Yumeshojo » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:21 pm

As to the PC being male - I can just pretend I'm a girl, anyway. Behold the power of imagination~! But I'm excited about being in a different dorm with different roommates and love interests - i'm hoping for Manuel :) I hope these games are super hits so you keep making them, I'm just dying for a Snake Hall! Suki and Raven for possible roommates? AWESOME!

And is the crossover character gonna be a recurring thing? I mean like how Damien was in Horse Hall, but he'll be romancible in Wolf, too, so is the next game (if there is one...pleasepleasepleaseplease) gonna have a Wolf romance carry over with another side to it? (Obviously I'm getting at having Grabiner back again for Snake. Man, I'm way to excited over a game that hasn't even been mentioned. Stopitstopitstopit before you get dissapointed) I really wanted to meet Aloysius, though :) Ideas, ideas...

and yes, a second year would be wicked awesome, but if that never happens, there is still fanfiction~! For I am totally concocting a second year story - hey, maybe that could be your next contest lol. ...now that I think about it, does Iris Academy consist of three years or four? Three, right?

Clubs! yes, I am hoping for more clubs! I'm not really a sports person, so sometimes being a Horse bothered me (again with me begging for Snake Hall. Shut up, Yume, shut up!) so I'm hoping for a lit club or band or like suggested earlier, working at the library.

I would also like to agree that Big Steve is AWESOME and I would love to see Balthasar's face (a romance path, maybe? eventually?). Lol gotta love how no one seems to be interested in Jacob heh heh

junsei7

#36 Post by junsei7 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:52 pm

Yumeshojo wrote: Lol gotta love how no one seems to be interested in Jacob heh heh
I know! I noticed that too - I think it's because he seems clearly interested in girls, so I'm sure there will be some love for him with a Snake or Butterfly. :) Poor Jacob - I think there's an awesome story hiding in there...

perch

#37 Post by perch » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:01 pm

I assumed Jacob would be getting more spotlight in the next game...though if Wolf PC is going to be the other side of the Minnie/Kyo love triangle...

I don't mind Jacob, he's just low on my fresh, never-been-romanced interest list after Big Steve, Pastel, Manuel, Balthasar, Minnie, William, Suki, Luke, Logan, Raven, Barbara....but hey, he's ahead of Kyo and Angela!

FantasyFan

#38 Post by FantasyFan » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:19 pm

Oh, something else I'd like to do in a future game is learn more about the Rose and Wasp. I mean, you can only call on them for two things in the first game - I'd like my character in a future game to be able to actually carry out revenge for the Rose and Wasp or something.

Indalecio

#39 Post by Indalecio » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:05 pm

I apologize in advance for being a wet blanket, but why not just not make this a expansion pack for the current game with the current main character? If you're going to make a game from a guy's perpective, I think it would make sense to not make it yaoi. Of course, I suppose it does depend on whether you're marketing it primarily to guys or primarily to girls.

FantasyFan

#40 Post by FantasyFan » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:34 pm

It's not going to be all yaoi - we already know that there will be a possible romance with Minnie. It'll probably be like the first game, with possible romances with both sexes.

hanako
Site Admin

#41 Post by hanako » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:13 pm

The intent is to make romances of both sexes, with more straight than not, like in the first game... it's just that most of the eager forum posters are more interested in the male possibilities. :)

I've been holding off on saying anything more because this game isn't even being written yet, just vaguely planned... but the plans also include William and psych! Not telling anymore :P Someone female. as dating options. Nothing is guaranteed, but that's the expectation.

There will also be at least one more female option, and even I don't know who it is yet. I haven't decided. Eager speculation on the female front is more likely to sway my opinion than on the male ones because I have plans there already. :)
Last edited by hanako on Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FantasyFan

#42 Post by FantasyFan » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:38 pm

I didn't highlight those names because I want to be surprised, but if she's not already planned, I would love to date Raven at some point in these games. She looks like an interesting character from what little we see of her.

Oh, maybe you and Raven could perform in the musical together.

perch

#43 Post by perch » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:35 am

@ Hanako

Being cruel again I see. :D My top girl pick was Pastel, but she's for later so I'll put her aside. *sniff* (That never works) Otherwise I want to see Minnie's love triangle play out and I'm curious about either Suki or Raven. I feel like Angela is for another day since Damien is coming back and I don't know if I could handle having to deal with Damien (again) and Angela in one game.

There's Isobel too, but she's happily in a relationship and I don't want to see that messed around with and I've never seen Barbara though she sounds amazingly amazing and I want to see her. Guy wise my heart belongs to Big Steve (but you've stated he's 'special' and wasn't supposed to get a relationship line). Followed by Manuel, Balthazar, William, Luke, Logan...there are a lot of guys. Did I phase out a ton of girls or were there a lot of non-romance guys in the first game?

So my completely unasked for picks for Wolf Hall:

Guys: Damien (guaranteed) ::COUGHBigSteveCOUGH:: William or Manuel
Gals: Minnie (guaranteed) Raven or Suki and then third slot I'd love to see a new girl. Someone brand new that hasn't been seen or mentioned yet so they're fresh and different (and I'm not loading up my wish list with Snake/Toad kids exclusively).

hanako
Site Admin

#44 Post by hanako » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:36 am

Mmm.... should I correct a small misunderstanding some people have picked up about certain characters? (I'm intentionally not correcting the BIG misunderstandings because it amuses me that people think that. The truth should come out eventually.) It's not a big deal, though. Either it'll come up at some point or it won't matter anyway.

The known female freshmen onscreen are Minnie, Pastel, Suki, and Raven. There are a number of other freshmen girls who never show up onscreen, including Barbara, Lena, Liz, Anisha, and Susan.

Senior girls who have appeared onscreen are Angela, Isobel, and Corrinna. I don't think I've specifically mentioned any sophomore girls, although I have notes for at least one. Junior girls mentioned were Laurel and Winnifred. So it's not like there weren't any girls around... just that HorsePC may not have paid as much attention to them? :)

perch

#45 Post by perch » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:35 am

@hanako

Thanks! I vote for yes in clearing up misunderstandings...wait. Wait. No I don't. Hold on. I've got a clear picture in my brain. I see lots of Pastel and Big Steve in my PC's future. Yeah.

I'll just enjoy that until Wolf Hall comes out and I find out what's actually going on. :D I am very easy to please.