Sequel Talk - Magical Diary Wolf Hall

Male protagonist, in the Hall for bold and athletic boys.
LadyWyntre

#136 Post by LadyWyntre » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:13 pm

Have just played through and sigh... want more Grabiner. More more more.

I admit to being disappointed that it won't be a continuation of the same character, but I'm not terribly surprised. It would be very difficult to do from a programming standpoint unless each "romance" path then became its own separate game.

Still. More Grabiner, more Grabiner romance, more more.

Serenity_Hotaru

#137 Post by Serenity_Hotaru » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:43 am

This game is making me very exited. I just want to SCREAM!! I can't wait! :D

But I really do want to see Raven and Manuel.

(ღ˘⌣˘ღ) Manuel~
☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆
Annoying the community with useless information and questions since Day 1 of my membership.

Souleche

#138 Post by Souleche » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:28 am

I know I'm late in saying this, but whatever. If it can be used then great, if not then it doesn't matter. Still looking forward to the game if/when it comes out.

I found Horse Hall quite entertaining, but I also find it somewhat repetitive over the weeks. Perhaps you could add in little bits of magical hi-jinx when learning spells to add to the story as well as making them chances for skill checks and/or demerits, even going so far as to make them dictate what spell you learn at the time? Like actually make studying or going to the gym worth something other than use in the dungeons so you can see your character grow with what you have them do.

As for romance options all the ones suggested sound quite lovely to go through. I for one would like a tsundere type character or a childhood best-friend type for an added twist into the mix. Maybe even add in a Grabiner-esque type noble female to try to romance?

It's a definite wish list item for me no matter what is added, since I so do love seeing stories from different perspectives.

Pixelen

#139 Post by Pixelen » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:56 pm

Would just like to add the opinion that I would love William to be a romance-able character too :D Was a bit disappointed in the first game when I found out he was gay! It would be quite nice not to be a first year as well, now that we know how to play the game it could be interesting to have different teachers and lessons as a second year.

Flyinmagma

#140 Post by Flyinmagma » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:11 pm

He's actually a bi because he's also dated Angela.

Sasha Nekosune

#141 Post by Sasha Nekosune » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:54 am

I gotta say... as much as i love the Grabiner romance... it doesn't seem like a good idea to have a Grabiner romance on Wolf Hall...

ark99k

#142 Post by ark99k » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:56 am

In this game would we learn more about Mussette?
Everyone mentioned her but we never learned anything about her.
Last edited by ark99k on Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
★Shining like a star!★

LadyDena

#143 Post by LadyDena » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:34 pm

Nice to see things from a guys Point of view.

will there be more teachers or the same ones though?

cae

#144 Post by cae » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:18 pm

Serenity_Hotaru wrote:But I really do want to see Raven and Manuel.

(ღ˘⌣˘ღ) Manuel~
This.

I'd love to see what kind of easter eggs you plan, as far as HorsePC. It'd be nice if (although, wow, what a pain) you could find a way to export save data from Horse Hall, and load the data into Wolf Hall so you could see how your choices with HorsePC affect situations you see as WolfPC... Wow, that programming. Or at least eggies about hints about stuff that goes on like that... Even with random percentages (with some exceptions, obviously HorsePC won't get Damien if WolfPC does.) about what happens...

Maybe I just like my Horse too much. ;p

BesiegedOrange

#145 Post by BesiegedOrange » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:08 pm

I'd personally like to see what it'd be like for a PC from a magical family to date a Wildseed. Which means Ellen, or a completely new character altogether.

DarthSnuggles

#146 Post by DarthSnuggles » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:27 pm

BesiegedOrange wrote:I'd personally like to see what it'd be like for a PC from a magical family to date a Wildseed. Which means Ellen, or a completely new character altogether.
Seconded! Ooh, that would be fun. Especially since we had ample opportunity to experience it from the Wildseed side of things in Horse Hall.

ciera800o

Re: Sequel Talk - Magical Diary Wolf Hall

#147 Post by ciera800o » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:49 pm

hanako wrote:This thread involves current plans for future games.

These games are NOT actually being written at the moment and as such, information is subject to change.

So here is what you know about Wolf Hall so far:

1. The main character will be male.

2. The main character will not be wildseed.

3. Damien is a pursuable character.

4. Minnie is a pursuable character.

5. Grabiner is not a pursuable character.

... I know more than that, but I'm not saying!
.....now i have to buy this game when it comes out just for damien! >.<

Watsong

#148 Post by Watsong » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:32 pm

How about a side romance outside of the campus? Like a childhood friend whom is an ordinary girl? An easily dropped story arc if the player isn't interested. And full of danger and torn feelings if pursued. Leave the hall to be with the non-magical girl (and suffer the mind wipe)? Reveal your powers to her and try to avoid being found out for doing something forbidden? Try to visit her more often than the designated holiday periods? Tie in magic (like illusion to mask your activities, teleportation to avoid people noticing your comings and goings). Perhaps a sympathetic character could help with getting around wards that would detect magic use? I'd like something that brings more of the emotional conflict between the outside world and the magic school.

ciera800o

#149 Post by ciera800o » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:22 pm

Watsong wrote:How about a side romance outside of the campus? Like a childhood friend whom is an ordinary girl? An easily dropped story arc if the player isn't interested. And full of danger and torn feelings if pursued. Leave the hall to be with the non-magical girl (and suffer the mind wipe)? Reveal your powers to her and try to avoid being found out for doing something forbidden? Try to visit her more often than the designated holiday periods? Tie in magic (like illusion to mask your activities, teleportation to avoid people noticing your comings and goings). Perhaps a sympathetic character could help with getting around wards that would detect magic use? I'd like something that brings more of the emotional conflict between the outside world and the magic school.
i like this idea :)

Bombermans

#150 Post by Bombermans » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:36 pm

Watsong wrote:How about a side romance outside of the campus? Like a childhood friend whom is an ordinary girl? An easily dropped story arc if the player isn't interested. And full of danger and torn feelings if pursued. Leave the hall to be with the non-magical girl (and suffer the mind wipe)? Reveal your powers to her and try to avoid being found out for doing something forbidden? Try to visit her more often than the designated holiday periods? Tie in magic (like illusion to mask your activities, teleportation to avoid people noticing your comings and goings). Perhaps a sympathetic character could help with getting around wards that would detect magic use? I'd like something that brings more of the emotional conflict between the outside world and the magic school.
I love that idea too! It would be so so interesting and engaging. And it suits for a wolf, certainly!