Wolf Hall - Development Testing Thread

Male protagonist, in the Hall for bold and athletic boys.
Ryechu

Re: Wolf Hall - Development Testing Thread

#511 Post by Ryechu » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:44 am

As usual: Links may be spoilers. First three might already be fixed—I didn't get a chance to check after the bugfix patch.

https://ibb.co/PFmtTQN : There's two spaces between "us" and "the"
https://ibb.co/kmZf5qZ : "room"?
https://ibb.co/th2qdRw : Two spaces between "be" and "able"
https://ibb.co/gMKhR12 : missing "matter", but maybe "won't matter"?
https://ibb.co/YNHdxzG : Question mark at the end
https://ibb.co/k4r3Cyx : "/the/ club" ?

Damien Wistful and Calculating sprites are not loading on the March 1 Picnic| Crash reports submitted.
Casting lightning still appears to make the game REALLY angry. This time it was on the Deer in the newest practice dungeon, though it almost seemed like it and the dummy were on top of each other? | Crash report submitted.
CG with Minnie jingle can BARELY be heard. The William CG jingle change sounds a lot better on my end, at least.

This was kinda cool: When you press "H" during the frog exam (or maybe any exam? I should test this...), the entire screen goes black. Music continues and stuff, so it's not frozen. Pressing it again returns everything back to normal, but still weird.

Foelhe

#512 Post by Foelhe » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:17 am

There's an error on the hyperlink for "tengu" - you can click on it and the game will open the tengu codex so you can read it, but the term isn't unlocked under the list of concepts.

Also not sure this is a glitch, but are merits supposed to be capped at 50? I have 55 right now.

Ryechu

#513 Post by Ryechu » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:24 am

Foelhe wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:17 am
There's an error on the hyperlink for "tengu" - you can click on it and the game will open the tengu codex so you can read it, but the term isn't unlocked under the list of concepts.
I think this does open properly in the Damien? route. Pretty sure that's where I first encountered it, at least.

If you don't want to full spoil it here, a DM is fine, but I'm asking for a full spoil: I seriously cannot figure out what is necessary for Corrinna's "route." Based on what she says when she turns you down, I've done multiple full replays with different combinations, and either missed something or I'm entirely daft. I'm leaning toward the latter at this point.

Foelhe

#514 Post by Foelhe » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:48 am

Ryechu wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:24 am
Foelhe wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:17 am
I think this does open properly in the Damien? route. Pretty sure that's where I first encountered it, at least.
Whoops, should've specified I was talking about the date on William's route. Thanks for pointing that out.

hanako
Site Admin

#515 Post by hanako » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:14 am

Ryechu wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:24 am
If you don't want to full spoil it here, a DM is fine, but I'm asking for a full spoil: I seriously cannot figure out what is necessary for Corrinna's "route."

Based on what she says when she turns you down, I've done multiple full replays with different combinations, and either missed something or I'm entirely daft. I'm leaning toward the latter at this point.
To enter what is currently intended as the Corrinna side route (and there is NOT much there yet) you will need to:

Become president while NOT spending all your money because you'll need a little left over for later
Join the Midnight Poets
Over Thanksgiving, talk to Ms. Darden about books
Second semester, found the Book Discussion Club
If you're in the poetry club, Corrinna should join the book club.
Send a valentine to Corrinna
This should unlock an extra dialog option about books during the scene where she thanks you for the valentine
Choosing that dialog option should unlock an extra bit of dialog with Grabiner at tea
You will still want $5 left to attend the spring play when we get to it

Airy_sama

#516 Post by Airy_sama » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:32 am

Slightly odd question but does Maria show up in more things than just the Bingo? She is adorable with her design, and even if she's not a route I'd love to see more of her.

hanako
Site Admin

#517 Post by hanako » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:17 am

She's one of the KS backer characters (and I haven't managed to get them all in yet) and that's probably it for her.

Airy_sama

#518 Post by Airy_sama » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:20 pm

Fair enough. She does have a lovely design either way. Still loving the game so far either way!

hanako
Site Admin

#519 Post by hanako » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:17 pm

0.6.54 Update

* New scenes to March 9
* Girlkiss CG rainbow ponytail hair added.
* Fixed temporal inconsistency error when you take the chalice in exam6.
* Sprite error in Angela's acceptance speech on her path fixed. Also moved
her sprite to the other side so it wouldn't be under the tab.
* Missing sprite in the Damien pond scene fixed.
* Cleaned up quickbar assignment undo/preview button a bit.
* Quickbar assignment preview no longer live.
* Fiddling with Sphere impact code. Boulders now hit any physical object
that's at least SIZE_BIG and stop.
* Monsters now default to being SIZE_BIG.
* Tengu codex entry unlocks in week25.
* Luke path checks tweaked so they'll work right when you got onto his path
by coming along to the dungeon in week20, too.
* Giving up in exam6 no longer crashes with 'unhandled puzzle result'
* Fixed a crash in the suspension detention.
* Go to the night bedroom BG after the Feb 21 Corrinna scene.
* Various minor text corrections

New scenes include: Damien date aftermath, Minnie route, Maple Ceremony, William Rejection route, Ellen Route, Poetry Club, Sports Club

surreal_chameleon

#520 Post by surreal_chameleon » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:42 pm

The expressions on Pastel's side image and full image don't match on her "I knew you looked familiar." line.

hanako
Site Admin

#521 Post by hanako » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:34 pm

Patch frequency may slow down a little for a bit, both because of travel plans and because some plots are heading for crisis points soon as Spring Break approaches.

So here's another chance to make wild guesses about what everyone's up to and what might come of it.

Vivien B.

#522 Post by Vivien B. » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:25 pm

Everything on Ellen's route for the latest version is working perfectly so far. <3

Vivien B.

#523 Post by Vivien B. » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:36 pm

Same on Minnie's route - it's showing a more vulnerable, sympathetic side to the character, which I much appreciate. A spoilerish question, though: When Pastel calls the prince Bej, is it his true name, or an ironic use of his title? The meaning, while appropriate for a prince, makes me wonder -- while this could be a given name, the word is also the title of a leader (or a nobleman) in a number of Altaic languages. Granted, the proper form in most of them would be to add it after a given name, like, to name a known example, Tugay-Bey, but Pastel might not have known that... Just wondering. I adore this plot so much! <3

hanako
Site Admin

#524 Post by hanako » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:31 pm

I'd prefer to leave that one vague. I don't really want to suddenly yank the character out from under the player by telling them that they have to call their PC that. So what Pastel says could be a title, or a name, or a nickname.

Vivien B.

#525 Post by Vivien B. » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:55 am

hanako wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:31 pm
I'd prefer to leave that one vague(...)
Oh, I see! It seems like a very sensible approach. Thank you! <3