Kickstarter + Early Demo

Male protagonist, in the Hall for bold and athletic boys.
hanako
Site Admin

Re: Kickstarter + Early Demo

#31 Post by hanako » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:24 am

The side romances aren't really full routes, but as they aren't written yet I have no idea what will be involved. If whoever backed those specifically wants just friendship scenes, that's what will happen. Most likely, though, it will be a few friendly interactions early on to establish a setup and then the option of going on a couple of dates and attending the Ball together.

Because these are reward tier options a lot is going to depend on what the individual backer wants, and as they are only side romances they are not going to have as many options and permutations as a real route would. After all, there's always the possibility of those characters having full routes in some other game, so we wouldn't want to expose all their deepest darkest secrets now!

EenPersoon

#32 Post by EenPersoon » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:16 pm

That's completely understandable! Just being able to have more interactions with them than in Horse Hall is good enough for me. Actually, I'm a bit relieved that the player won't get to know too much about them when they're a side romance. That it's possible more will be revealed about them in their full route in a different game (though I'm aware them getting a full route probably isn't set in stone and far away in the future :D ) Fortunately, the full routes in Wolf Hall also look to be a lot of fun to play!

That aside, I wish I could support the Kickstarter but I don't have a creditcard. If Paypal ever becomes an option I would definitely support too.

phoenixgirl

#33 Post by phoenixgirl » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:38 pm

If the side romances are like how it was in Horse Hall when the MC had the option to romance Big Steve, then I'm all for it. :)
Please help and support me here.

KitCat

#34 Post by KitCat » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:29 pm

Hanako... So what you use this?

What youre publisher/put there next after that game?

Why don´t comments about ks?

hanako
Site Admin

#35 Post by hanako » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:56 pm

I'm sorry, I have no idea what you just said.

KitCat

#36 Post by KitCat » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:41 pm

How kickstarter think going with this? At i look earlier it shows goal reached already?

hanako
Site Admin

#37 Post by hanako » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:02 pm

We've reached the base goal, yes. At the moment we're seeing how many stretch goals can be hit in order to add extra things to the game. Right now we've unlocked extra character creation options (and Spiky and I have started fooling around with new eye colors, preparing a dressup section for the mall store, etc) and one bonus side romance that will be voted on at the end of the campaign.

If we hit the next goal I'll commission someone to write a song for the game - the first magical diary never had a vocal track, this will be new.

The next goal after that adds a post-game dungeon option so you can play around with your character and his full list of spells after finishing the story.

We have some other ideas that might happen if the pledges get high enough, we'll just have to wait and see. But we're trying not to get TOO carried away either. :)

EenPersoon

#38 Post by EenPersoon » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:44 pm

hanako wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:02 pm
We've reached the base goal, yes. At the moment we're seeing how many stretch goals can be hit in order to add extra things to the game. Right now we've unlocked extra character creation options (and Spiky and I have started fooling around with new eye colors, preparing a dressup section for the mall store, etc) and one bonus side romance that will be voted on at the end of the campaign.
Oooh, a dressup section? Does that mean it will possible to try the accessories on before buying it? :)
Also, congratulations for reaching the second stretch goal! It'd be funny if someone purchased Luke and Logan won the vote for side romances.

hanako
Site Admin

#39 Post by hanako » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:01 pm

Heh, actually what I *meant* is adding stuff to the store that only affects your appearance and not your stats. (As in the demo the only things in there have gameplay effects.)

KitCat

#40 Post by KitCat » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:20 pm

Oh? I see.

hanako
Site Admin

#41 Post by hanako » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:33 am

What I'm currently thinking about doing for the paypal people (this is not set in stone, just a plan I'm pondering) is, after the kickstarter, allow people to buy into the beta on Itch for the same price as the kickstarter tier. You wouldn't be able to get any of the special limited kickstarter rewards, but you'd be able to support the game and take part in the beta discussions, and running it through itch would let me group customers together more cleanly to make sure no one gets left out in updates.

Does that sound reasonable?

EenPersoon

#42 Post by EenPersoon » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:10 pm

That sounds fine to me! That's the £20 tier, right? I personaly don't mind missing out on the special limited kickstarter rewards.
That said, I do have some questions. Will we also get the full game download after the beta is done (just like the £20 tier)? If so, do we have to get the full game download from itch.io too or is it possible to get it from Steam? I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but I've never played a game in beta before so I don't know what it all entails :(
I'm happy that there might be a way support the game with paypal though!

hanako
Site Admin

#43 Post by hanako » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:33 pm

Selling it on itch should turn it into a 'preorder' so it'll automatically carry over and update to the full game and access to steam keys when they're available. As I understand it.

With itch games, we can set it up so that steam keys are automatically available to people who own the game. So you'd get the game there initially, but you'd be able to claim a steam key when they were added.

That's what I meant about it being easier to group all the customers together that way. If people were paypalling me individual money amounts I'd have to keep up with them each separately.

What I don't know at the moment is whether I'll have to delete the existing itch page and create a new one in order to prevent there from being problems with people owning the free demo being suddenly considered to own the full game. Gotta check about that. :)

EenPersoon

#44 Post by EenPersoon » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:41 pm

Thank you for your explanation, Hanako :D

FantasyFan

#45 Post by FantasyFan » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:27 pm

I'm crossing my fingers that you reach the theme song goal. I love it when video games have lyric songs.