Content Update - Nudity Options

An American university student takes a semester abroad in England seeking fun and romance in this visual novel.
hanako
Site Admin

Content Update - Nudity Options

#1 Postby hanako » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:40 pm

The 1.09+ updates for the game can now be patched to unlock nude options. (By default, the game looks like it always did. You can't even see the options unless you patch it, and then you still have to turn the options on manually. So don't be afraid that nudity will attack you by surprise.)

If you turn on occasional nudity, then you will briefly see a nude sprite for a character you are romancing in one or more of their late-game romance scenes (usually NOT the first sex scene, because the CGs often have lingerie in them, so it would be silly to show a full-nude sprite).

If you turn on CONSTANT nudity, then all the main characters will be naked all the time for absolutely no reason. This is silly.

If you turn on both nudity and censorship, then you will see naked characters covered up in completely ridiculous ways. This is VERY silly.

HOW TO USE IT

Update to the latest version of the game, either automatically on Steam or by emailing me for a fresh download if your version is lower than 1.09

Install the game

Get this file: http://www.hanakogames.com/ee/hpatch.txt

You may be able to right-click on that link and do 'Save link as', or if you load it up in your browser (it's a text file, so you'll see a string of characters) you can right-click on that text and do 'Save As' from there. However you do it, you need to save the hpatch.txt file to the "game" subfolder of your England Exchange install.

After that, go to the options menu and you should see new options to enable the nude bits.

FantasyFan

Re: Content Update - Nudity Options

#2 Postby FantasyFan » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:40 am

The game crashes when you've got full nudity turned on when playing as Flynn. The crash occurs when Brenden comes to your room drunk.

Code: Select all

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Crop' <'Image' u'brendon/shirtless_dunkchallenge.png'> 166 104 66 115>:
  File "game/day151_174.rpy", line 564, in script
IOError: Couldn't find file 'brendon/shirtless_dunkchallenge.png'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/day151_174.rpy", line 564, in script
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\England Exchange\renpy\ast.py", line 1275, in execute
    renpy.exports.with_statement(trans, paired)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\England Exchange\renpy\exports.py", line 1376, in with_statement
    return renpy.game.interface.do_with(trans, paired, clear=clear)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\England Exchange\renpy\display\core.py", line 2062, in do_with
    clear=clear)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\England Exchange\renpy\display\core.py", line 2492, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\England Exchange\renpy\display\core.py", line 2845, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\England Exchange\renpy\display\core.py", line 1921, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 416, in renpy.display.render.render_screen (gen\renpy.display.render.c:6687)
    rv = render(root, width, height, 0, 0)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 185, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:2859)
    rv = d.render(widtho, heighto, st, at)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\England Exchange\renpy\display\layout.py", line 685, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 103, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3321)
    cpdef render(d, object widtho, object heighto, double st, double at):
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 185, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:2859)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\England Exchange\renpy\display\transition.py", line 361, in render
    top = render(self.new_widget, width, height, st, at)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 103, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3321)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\England Exchange\renpy\display\layout.py", line 685, in render
  File "renpy/display/accelerator.pyx", line 108, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render (gen\renpy.display.accelerator.c:2027)
    cr = render(child, widtho, heighto, st - self.child_st_base, at)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\England Exchange\renpy\display\image.py", line 294, in render
    return wrap_render(self.target, width, height, st, at)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\England Exchange\renpy\display\image.py", line 125, in wrap_render
    rend = render(child, w, h, st, at)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\England Exchange\renpy\display\layout.py", line 310, in render
    surf = render(self.child, width, height, st, at)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\England Exchange\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1216, in render
    return renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\England Exchange\renpy\display\image.py", line 294, in render
    return wrap_render(self.target, width, height, st, at)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\England Exchange\renpy\display\image.py", line 125, in wrap_render
    rend = render(child, w, h, st, at)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\England Exchange\renpy\display\layout.py", line 310, in render
    surf = render(self.child, width, height, st, at)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\England Exchange\renpy\display\im.py", line 473, in render
    im = cache.get(self)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\England Exchange\renpy\display\im.py", line 200, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\England Exchange\renpy\display\im.py", line 874, in load
    return cache.get(self.image).subsurface((self.x, self.y,
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\England Exchange\renpy\display\im.py", line 200, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\England Exchange\renpy\display\im.py", line 524, in load
    surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\England Exchange\renpy\loader.py", line 543, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'brendon/shirtless_dunkchallenge.png'.

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.99.12.2.2029
England Exchange 1.09

hanako
Site Admin

#3 Postby hanako » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:10 pm

Ah, I typoed dunk when I meant drunk. Thanks! :)

hanako
Site Admin

#4 Postby hanako » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:34 pm

The downloadable version should now be 1.10 which fixes that Brendon bug and adds an alternate patch route for anyone having trouble putting the patch in the game folders due to permissions.

If the existing patch is working fine for you, it will still work, don't worry about it, this is just an alternative method if someone gets stuck.

If you've just recently been issued a new installer you can probably download again to get 1.10 without needing me to send a fresh link. Probably. :D

zeru57

#5 Postby zeru57 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:28 am

So, I liked this patch. It was pretty subtle/tasteful with the default setting, and hilarious with the always on/censored!

I know you tweeted about how it was embarrassing, but I thought it was a nice addition to this game.

Also the old download link worked fine for the 1.10 update.

hanako
Site Admin

#6 Postby hanako » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:43 am

Thank you. I'm glad at least some people are enjoying it.

I just feel super awkward yelling out "HEY EVERYBODY GET YOUR TITS HERE!" I keep being afraid someone's going to arrest me or something.

At the moment it hasn't produced any noticeable sales bump on Steam, probably because I don't have the guts to be loud so nobody knows about it outside of folks already following the game closely. I have tried to mention it to one site that covers h-games but haven't gotten a reply yet. I'll probably tell Reddit tomorrow. :lol: :oops:

zeru57

#7 Postby zeru57 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:04 am

hanako wrote:Thank you. I'm glad at least some people are enjoying it.

I just feel super awkward yelling out "HEY EVERYBODY GET YOUR TITS HERE!" I keep being afraid someone's going to arrest me or something.

Heh. If the the developer of Ladykiller in a Bind is walking free, you're probably safe.

At the moment it hasn't produced any noticeable sales bump on Steam, probably because I don't have the guts to be loud so nobody knows about it outside of folks already following the game closely. I have tried to mention it to one site that covers h-games but haven't gotten a reply yet. I'll probably tell Reddit tomorrow. :lol: :oops:

Good luck with that!

Return to “England Exchange”