Beta Testing / Discount Copies

An American university student takes a semester abroad in England seeking fun and romance in this visual novel.
FantasyFan

Re: Beta Testing / Discount Copies

#31 Postby FantasyFan » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:40 pm

Played Angelo's route and Asai's route.

Honestly, I can't stand Angelo. Things seemed to move way to fast with him (the PC goes from not being able to stand him to dating him just because he ogles her in the bathroom?) and seriously, you're supposed to just ACCEPT his sexist views that women are weak and need protecting??? Honestly???

Asai's route really lacked interaction - after you agreed to start dating her a long time went by with no choices. Her route made me uncomfortable as well, though that's for personal reasons (my ex was manipulative like that too). Also, can you get a "good" ending with her? I tried different combinations of choices and they all led to the same bad ending.

hanako
Site Admin

#32 Postby hanako » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:06 pm

It sounds like you may not have the updates with the ending lists and other fixes?

FantasyFan

#33 Postby FantasyFan » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:05 pm

Augh, I didn't realize there was an update. Downloaded updated version and will have updated comments, sorry.

MillaMaxwell

#34 Postby MillaMaxwell » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:00 pm

I love the new good-bye scenes! They are very simple, yet sweet, and definitely help make the transition to the epilogue feel a lot smoother. And the revised confession scenes also feel much more in-character, so I like that change a lot too. I'm also really happy with the change to the wording on Ashley's route. I don't think I would have nearly as hard a time avoiding her bad ending if I started playing after this update. Oh, and the new scene with her was really cute!

I think the only problem I can still find is that I can still pursue Ji Hyo and be given the painting of Malia/Flynn in her bad ending without actually agreeing to let her paint Malia/Flynn earlier. It's not a huge problem, but it does seem a little weird that that's possible.

hanako
Site Admin

#35 Postby hanako » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:05 pm

oh right i meant to adjust that to be the sketch from the living room scene (which is mandatory)

FantasyFan

#36 Postby FantasyFan » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:18 pm

Okay, replayed Angelo and Aasai with the update, and honestly my earlier criticisms still stand. If the only ending you can get on Aasai's route is bad, it feels almost like trolling the player when none of your decisions ultimately mean anything. I get that Aasai's a bitch, but even bitches can have the potential to be . . . less bitchy. It seems that there should be a good or at least neutral ending for her - at least something that doesn't leave the PC feeling totally hopeless.

And there didn't seem to be any additions to Angelo's "good" route, so my points about him still stand.

hanako
Site Admin

#37 Postby hanako » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:47 pm

Oh, nothing was changed about Angelo other than the little bit at the end, but if you weren't sure about Aasi's number of endings then I figured you didn't have the latest version, which might affect some events and errors you might run into.

Angelo is not my type, nor a type that I would have chosen to write on my own, that's about all I can say on that one. But part of the idea of the Hanabira line is that other writers might present some things I would never do on my own, for diversity. Really, a lot of these characters are not what I would write, but I've tried to keep them true to their original ideas (while expanding and tweaking to clarify). As for how fast things move at the start - believe it or not I actually did slow it down a little :) and it's important to the events that they are moving quickly, but I'll try to expand on femPC's viewpoint a little bit more to explain why she's being so aggressive.

For Aasi, her ending does vary slightly based on your choices, but she's pretty much trouble from the beginning. If you want to see a different side of her, there's some information in the befriend option as the female PC (which, IF this game became a surprise success, could be expanded into a bonus mini-route, but I don't really expect it to.)

Other than that one thing in Ji Hyo's route and the Peggy/Ashley bug, I think this game is about ready to come out of beta so I can get back to working on my original projects instead of other people's scripts. :)

hanako
Site Admin

#38 Postby hanako » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:30 pm

1.0 version is uploaded - I still have to build demos before I can change the price and switch it over, but it's coming Soon now.

Changes:
- additional lines at the beginning of Angelo's route
- different picture in Ji Hyo's bad end if you didn't pose for her that time
- fixing problems where you could get good+neutral at the same time with Peggy and Ashley's endings

Return to “England Exchange”