England Exchange!

An American university student takes a semester abroad in England seeking fun and romance in this visual novel.
hanako
Site Admin

England Exchange!

#1 Postby hanako » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:04 pm

Probably about time for it to get its own thread for updates.

Currently going with England Exchange! An International Affair for the title.

As mentioned, there is a choice of male or female protagonist. You will be able to change their names when you play, but not their appearances. Default characters are:

Flynn

and

Malia

As more character art comes in, I can show you the breakdown of who gets to romance whom.

MillaMaxwell

Re: England Exchange!

#2 Postby MillaMaxwell » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:59 pm

Oh nice! I really like the art style.

FantasyFan

#3 Postby FantasyFan » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:53 pm

Malia's real pretty!

niftychick

#4 Postby niftychick » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:14 pm

Firstly, I'm loving the designs so far. Malia is really pretty. Flynn is cute.
Secondly, England. Woo. My home country. :D Set in London or one of the major cities I'm guessing?

KitCat

#5 Postby KitCat » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:10 pm

Oh my, HOW cute them are! Can you give hints?

Are you plan use Renpy 6 or are you re wait Renpy 7?

hanako
Site Admin

#6 Postby hanako » Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:52 am

Yes, it's set in London... though I suspect the original author has never actually been there. I've added a bit more authentic flavor where I can, but it's still going to be silly VN england more than the real deal :) But then, do we REALLY want a game where we spend half the time standing on the station platform waiting for Southern to finally show up?

Finished reprocessing all the text files and adding missing scenes. The script collection comes to about 770K (filesize, NOT wordcount) which is about 100K more than A Little Lily Princess had. Because it's split into nearly 200 files I can't give an actual wordcount just yet.

KitCat

#7 Postby KitCat » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:15 pm

:shock: 200 files scrip... But isn´t one enough at some events? Some times, one event need much words...

Example picture at conversations... ouch! Youre should plan it before you do it. When free demo cam download list?
I know, if youre make that alone, it take year or two... less if youre use old script little edit, more if you start 0.

sound Renpy again... good luck!

hanako
Site Admin

#8 Postby hanako » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:18 pm

I split things into separate files while I was reorganising the writer's script so that I could get an easy overview of how many days had events and make sure I wasn't duplicating. They'll be recombined again in the actual code.

So, first glimpse of some datable characters! Both of these are datable by either male or female PCs.

Danny
While he is a student too, he also acts as sort of an unofficial dorm-father in the hostel the PC is staying in. Helpful, handy, not afraid of some manual labor, and generally a bit more rugged than the male LIs I usually create. :)

Peggy
An excitable first-year uni student and a bit of a tomboy (if you couldn't tell). Quite short, but she makes up for it in SHEER DETERMINATION. Also prone to very colorful language.

KitCat

#9 Postby KitCat » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:25 pm

Are youre plan use "Narrator" or voice reader? Again something what should to be default off...

Nice pictures again! :wink:

FantasyFan

#10 Postby FantasyFan » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:32 pm

Oooh, I like Peggy's shirt.

ThePokeGirl

#11 Postby ThePokeGirl » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:01 am

I can't tell which one I like better, but I think that is a good thing. I wasn't sure what to make of this at first. Now, however, I really think I'm going like it

Hoosha

#12 Postby Hoosha » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:55 am

When you say Danny's more rugged than the love interests you usually create is that the original writer speaking or you, Hanako..?

hanako
Site Admin

#13 Postby hanako » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:21 pm

I'm saying I don't tend to create rugged guys, so for anyone who knows my style well enough you probably wouldn't expect that... but I didn't originally create him, I'm just filling in the gaps to finish his story. :)

KitCat

#14 Postby KitCat » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:21 pm

Rugged guys... I don´t even think that, but, somehow, you can put them also cute. Or Why i think that... ?

hanako
Site Admin

#15 Postby hanako » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:27 pm

The other two bi-option love interests:

Mark
Mark appears to be a bit of a nerd. He reads a lot, and he doesn't always know how to act in a social situation. His honesty may be offputting to the people around him, but he just wants to help...

Ji Hyo
An artist from South Korea staying at the hostel. Serious about her work, though it may not make any sense if she tries to explain it to others.

Return to “England Exchange”