Wow!

Newly arrived from India, Sara Crewe must make friends at a British boarding school. A light-yuri simulation game based on the classic novel.
cutetoboot

Wow!

#1 Postby cutetoboot » Mon May 23, 2016 10:51 am

I've been following your games a lot lately- Long Live the Queen and Black Closet are two of my personal favorite games, and the Royal Trap is a really solid VN. I have to say I was really pleasantly surprised by this one, though. This is a really cute, fun, and sweet game that actually made me cry several times. I really enjoy how the characters all continue to appear and have roles on one another's routes rather than just disappearing to make way for the yuri. Somehow it's also a really faithful adaptation of the book (?!). I will definitely recommend this one to my friends!

Ermengarde best girl.

CrimsonDX

Re: Wow!

#2 Postby CrimsonDX » Wed May 25, 2016 4:16 pm

Indeed, I just bought it, and have just been devouring it. Already completed Lavinia's, Jessie's, Becky's, and Mariette's branches. I am now working on Ermen's and Lottie's paths.

About crying, this game definitely made my eyes water a couple times. Like during Lavinia's route.

And the second CGs for Lavinia's and Ermengarde's routes, be still my beating heart :3

Shogeton

#3 Postby Shogeton » Mon May 30, 2016 10:35 pm

Yep, definitely didn't keep dry eyes on this one. Especially on Ermegarde's route, which was my first one, and maybe because of that, she remains my favourite. Excellent writing as always. The only minus is relatively little replayability compared to a LLTQ or Magical Diary, but well, it's a re-imagining of a book, so that was very much part of the design here. Very much money well spent still.

Also, for a while I figured that in the second part, I needed to prevent any of the meters from reaching 20, or else I'd get a loss state where Sara would flee the house when her Pride or Cold or Hunger would get too high. And honestly, it kind of felt nice, since it meant that the one whose route I was on kept supporting me and keeping me alive by 'spending' the hunger or pride.

Toft

#4 Postby Toft » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:58 am

I am blown away by the quality of writing in A Little Lily Princess. Hanako's writing fits in so well with the original - I said this before in a comment on Ana Mardoll's LP, but I keep looking back to see what's original and what's new, and a lot of my favorite lines are Hanako's additions. On top of the good character development and general thoughtfulness, there just must have been so much research involved in getting the period-accurate writing style and contemporary references down. It's the kind of thing that makes me want to play all the routes over again and take notes.

On a side note, I kept a list of the little typos that I saw - I don't know if it would be helpful now that the game is released, but if it would help, I'd be happy to show it to someone. There's nothing major, mostly just a few letters missing from words. Does anyone know if that's something Hanako would be interested in seeing?

hanako
Site Admin

#5 Postby hanako » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:47 am

You can send a list - I don't know how fast we'll get to them, though. :)

(The update process is slightly awkward and typoes are usually non-essential, so they're low-priority fixes, but we're likely to do SOME updates EVENTUALLY, so may as well have them handy!)

rincewind

#6 Postby rincewind » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:39 am

Count me in the ranks of those who couldn't keep their eyes dry while playing. :oops:

I love the game so much! Thanks for making this wonderful game!
Can't help but wonder if would be possible in the future some kind of epilogues. I would absolutly love something like that. I wouldn't even mind paying for it as a DLC or something like that.
Is just that now that I have finished the game... I just want a bit more! :lol:
"It's good to be the president." - The President
"Oh humble dirt, if I could, I would carry you to freedom!" -The Lady and Saviour of all the dirt, mud and pebbles.
"Cake! Me!" -A VERY hungry Scullery Maid

hanako
Site Admin

#7 Postby hanako » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:38 pm

At the moment it doesn't look like the sales are strong enough for that, I'm afraid.

Proper epilogues, playable future epilogues, would require almost as much new art as making the whole game over again, since the girls would have grown up and Sara, at least, would be living somewhere else. And that kind of effort is really better spent on making a new game.

It's possible that some more pieces of bonus art might materialise someday though.

I don't like saying never since you never know what might happen (ask Date Warp fans how long they had to wait for that epilogue to be added)

CrimsonDX

#8 Postby CrimsonDX » Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:09 am

hanako wrote:At the moment it doesn't look like the sales are strong enough for that, I'm afraid.

Why do my my favorite games and such always seem to be the unpopular ones ;_;

rincewind

#9 Postby rincewind » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:16 pm

And that's why we can't have nice things.

Really is sad to hear that. This game deserves better, much better.
Is just wonderful and I loved it so much.

Guess that in the end is true. Yuri doesn't sell. :cry:
"Oh humble dirt, if I could, I would carry you to freedom!" -The Lady and Saviour of all the dirt, mud and pebbles.

hanako
Site Admin

#10 Postby hanako » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:26 pm

I wouldn't say yuri doesn't sell - many yuri things are selling quite well.

And it's not like ALLP isn't selling at all, either. It's doing okay. But considering the barriers to a good expansion, as mentioned, it would need to be performing much better. Otherwise, it's far more practical to make a totally different game and bring in new sales.

If you really want more add-ons for this game, the correct response is to shill it to your friends more and get more people to buy it. :)

rincewind

#11 Postby rincewind » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:16 pm

Oh, that put the situation in a more positive light.

I'm trying to give ALLP some more awareness. Of course, It would be easier If I actually had more friends or popularity. :lol:

Made a Tv Tropes page for the game. Is kinda basic (really, really basic!), also my first try to make a entry in that page, but hope that helps a little.
If anyone want to contribute, that would be lovely. (I discovered what while I enjoy reading about tropes I'm not that good recognizing it).

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/V ... lyPrincess

I'm also trying to do some funny (at least I thought that were funny!) 4koma that crossed my mind while playing. But I'm a lazy artist. :oops:

KitCat

#12 Postby KitCat » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:12 pm

Even demo says it again ...
Hanako Games was most underrated gamemakers. Long live the queen and Cute Knight kingdom (games what i have also at demo)...

And... this was so cute...

Ariel Schnee

#13 Postby Ariel Schnee » Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:22 am

cutetoboot wrote:I've been following your games a lot lately- Long Live the Queen and Black Closet are two of my personal favorite games, and the Royal Trap is a really solid VN. I have to say I was really pleasantly surprised by this one, though. This is a really cute, fun, and sweet game that actually made me cry several times. I really enjoy how the characters all continue to appear and have roles on one another's routes rather than just disappearing to make way for the yuri. Somehow it's also a really faithful adaptation of the book (?!). I will definitely recommend this one to my friends!

Ermengarde best girl.

There's a book about this, where at?!
---

Signature

If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig!!

- Ariel Schnee, twin sister of Weiss Schnee, Loyal Servant of The Royal Pony Sisters Princess Celestia and Princess Luna... Forever Equestria!

Return to “A Little Lily Princess”