Caverns Bug? (spoilers)

Quest for adventure with 22 endings to find! - A retro gamebook re-envisioned as a gorgeous visual novel.
Amphigorey

Caverns Bug? (spoilers)

#1 Postby Amphigorey » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:01 am

So Gavin and I fell into the caverns, found Slag, retreated and fought the orcs, and when they chased us into Slag's cavern again, the game acted like I'd never been there before. Tyrna seemed very surprised to see the dragon... in the cave with the dragon that she just left. It's not a game-crashing bug or anything, just seemed odd.

hanako
Site Admin

Re: Caverns Bug? (spoilers)

#2 Postby hanako » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:33 pm

Yeah, there are a couple of places where the branching can be a little strange this way, since the original book had no way to track variables. It's the price of being written on paper first. :)

(Well, actually, I do have at least one branching-path book where some of the branch points include stuff like 'If you know what happened in <other location>, turn to page 260, otherwise...' which gets some of that effect across but can be pretty confusing on its own, if you're not SURE you know what happened, or if you're not entirely sure if you saw it on your current playthrough or not. That other book would be so much easier to read if it were in computer format...)

Return to “Sword Daughter”