Hanabira - New Games In Production

Quest for adventure with 22 endings to find! - A retro gamebook re-envisioned as a gorgeous visual novel.
hanako
Site Admin

Re: Hanabira - New Games In Production

#16 Postby hanako » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:50 pm

SO CLOSE on this one. I've put a surprising amount of work into what was already a complete story, the art is all in at least sketch phase by now though not all done... but with Christmas looming I probably can't actually release it until January or nobody will notice because they'll be too distracted by holiday stuff. Sigh.

I've posted a couple of screenshots over on Lemmasoft if you want to see more art.

... and if you're dying to know the name of the game, the only way at the moment you can find out is by checking out the Paradox Girl comic, since those had to be sent to the printers already and therefore they do feature advertising for the game despite it not being officially announced yet. :)

BloomingLilac

#17 Postby BloomingLilac » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:57 pm

I'll buy it! I looked at the art you posted on the Lemmasoft site and I think I'm gonna like the male characters. The story sounds really interesting, which is the main reason I buy these games.

Wishing you a happy holiday season! :)

Bunni89

#18 Postby Bunni89 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:27 pm

...Is this based on a certain book whose initials are "S D"? That's the only thing that comes to mind, and now I'm wishing I could remember more of that book, lol. But then that would spoil the surprise of the game so I guess I'm glad I only read it once years ago! XD
I'm excited to see what this is like, the realistic painting-like art style is so beautiful and the plot sounds interesting! I'm hoping for the option of a no romance ending, just because personally whenever anyone says "She didn't want to fall in love, but she did" then I get kinda grumpy. I'm bored of plots where a woman's decision about romance is wrong and the world makes the decision for her... its such an omnipresent cliche. But then again this is a 1980s book and it wasn't so overused back then, so I won't judge it for that.
Also I just like stories where there's an asexual character or an option to at least headcanon the protagonist as asexual.

hanako
Site Admin

#19 Postby hanako » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:43 pm

I suspect you do know what book it is, yes. :) Wait and see!

boatgnome

#20 Postby boatgnome » Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:56 pm

Am eager to hand over money for this game at the earliest opportunity. Thanks for the updates!

Return to “Sword Daughter”