Black Closet Sequel ideas

Solve mysteries by ordering your Student Council minions into investigations. A schoolgirl noir RPG-style adventure!

What seems like the best setting for a Black Closet Sequel?

College: Keep it simple and safe, returning students and a new plot is all we need! She can always grow up in a later sequel anyway.
44%
Corporate Espionage: Elsa all grown up, trading school girl uniforms for power business suits, tackling everything from HR woes to blackmails and corporate scandal!
38%
Law Enforcement: A private investigator, a detective, a psychological consultant, whatever her role, the stakes would be high, the consequences dire. Minions no longer have expulsion as their number one concern, as much as taking a bullet in the chest.
19%

Total votes: 16

Acesahn

Black Closet Sequel ideas

#1 Postby Acesahn » Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:30 pm

Is talking about a sequel to Black Closet completely premature? Yes, absolutely.
That said, I dont want this series to be a one shot deal. I enjoyed it that much, that the first thing to come to my mind reaching the end was there aren't really any games like this. I cant think of one other game, that has romance/dating elements to it, where you play as a domineering female lead, and the all female cast/romance options is just icing on the cake.

So for a sequel, this seems like it would be actually pretty simple and easy to do. We can follow Elsa and perhaps some returning students, could be fun to see the two under agers return as adults, on her adventures to college, and finding her quickly follow into the same role as before. Or alternatively, we can see what she would become as an adult, perhaps a corporate investigator, a fixer, or the HR for a billion dollar business involved with scandals. Or maybe she just becomes a Detective/Private Investigator, and tackles real crimes with real badge authority.

In short, I hope a sequel(s) would make sure to keep the engaging investigation gameplay, the strong dominate female lead (With S&M romantic tendencies of course) and the Yuri romance scattered throughout the game as desert. Any game made with those three elements is a winner in my book. What do you all think of a Black Closet sequel?

sleepycat

Re: Black Closet Sequel ideas

#2 Postby sleepycat » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:51 am

I like all 3 ideas! I'm drawn to the detective one, but perhaps it would be too big of a leap. So police academy instead? With Vonne of course. (Not sure if PI's go though any kind of formal training.)

Darksilverhawk

#3 Postby Darksilverhawk » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:44 pm

If (and that 's a big if) there was a Black Closet "sequel" of sorts, I think I'd want all new characters. I mean, a big part of the game is that what you chose do affects Elsa's future in a big way (and the other characters too). If you set something in the future you'd have to declare one of them canon, and I think that's really out of place in a game like this. The future should be left to fanfiction.

I think the mechanics are great, and I would certainly love to see her revisit these mechanics someday in another setting, but it should be a new setting.

hanako
Site Admin

#4 Postby hanako » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:00 pm

A review compared Elsa to FemShep, and intergalactic troubleshooters are entertaining...

... however, I'm not sure my poor head could take trying to come up with this many more mysteries again. Not to mention, consider how long it takes for me to produce sequels that I actually DID intend to make. :)

(Doesn't mean you can't theorise of course!)

Darksilverhawk

#5 Postby Darksilverhawk » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:58 pm

I mean, I don't know about you, but I'm really looking forward to the Black Closet sequel due out in Fall 2043.

Return to “Black Closet”