Beta 1.2.12 changelog

Solve mysteries by ordering your Student Council minions into investigations. A schoolgirl noir RPG-style adventure!
Spiky Caterpillar

Beta 1.2.12 changelog

#1 Postby Spiky Caterpillar » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:39 pm

Crash fixes:
Gossips returning to school in a goth case no longer crash.
Unsuccessfully stalking certain artists no longer crashes.

Other fixes:
The sound volume control should now work properly. (I've also rearranged the sound effect code a little, so let me know if it breaks)
Extraneous transparent bits in some hairstyles fixed.
The error message when there's a problem initializing GL is now a little more helpful on some systems.
Some of the update status lines now display the current file number instead of the total file count. (This won't show up until you update *from* 1.2.9 or higher, though)
Some unnecessary warnings loading saves fixed.
Saves can no longer make the game forget your license key.

Steam-related changes (only relevant if you're using the Steam version or trying to use both Steam and non-Steam versions):
The game can now load persistent files made on the Steam version without crashing or spewing nopickles warnings.
Re-enable the updater when you play in a non-Steam version of the game. The Steam version disables our updater, because running Steam and Hanako updates on the same install would break things.

If the game can't find the directory specified in %APPDATA%, now use an alternate approach to find the save path on Windows. This works around a bug in the Steam client's handling of usernames that can't be represented in the 8-bit system encoding.
A crash unlocking the Talmage CG on Steam has been fixed.
A crash if you have saved games but no newest save fixed. (How does that happen? Bad weather in the save cloud.)

Behind the scenes:
The save/persistent system can now store python set()s.
The save/persistent system can now store 64-bit ints on 32-bit systems.
Checklist and CG gallery functions rearranged to be easier to hook from Steam.
The build system has been tweaked to prevent me from dropping files with untypable names in my filesystem *again*.
Assorted optimizations to loadsave.
Vendors show up in tracebacks (so I can tell which ones are coming from Steam and which aren't, in case that's relevant to tracking the bug)

hanako
Site Admin

Re: Beta 1.2.12 changelog

#2 Postby hanako » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:45 pm

It will be important to update to the latest version before getting your Steam copy if you intend to play both the steam and non-steam versions.

If you don't care about keeping both versions on your machine (and really, it's the same content and they use the same save files) then you don't need to worry as much, and you can just uninstall the direct one and play with the other.

However, if you don't update the direct one first, it will break if you play it after having played the steam version, so updating may be wise to be safe.

Return to “Black Closet”