Increasing the chances of Rowan being the traitor.

Solve mysteries by ordering your Student Council minions into investigations. A schoolgirl noir RPG-style adventure!
Mystified

Increasing the chances of Rowan being the traitor.

#1 Postby Mystified » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:41 pm

I suspect it's purely random, but I thought I'd ask anyway; is there any thing I can do to increase the chances of Rowan being the traitor? For example, does starting a new game on hard difficulty increase the chances? She's the only one that I haven't gotten as the traitor yet - I thought she was the traitor on one game, but then she didn't confess despite having maximum loyalty, so I suppose I just had really bad luck with her failing her tasks.

hanako
Site Admin

Re: Increasing the chances of Rowan being the traitor.

#2 Postby hanako » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:05 pm

If you have the latest versions of the game you should be able to select her as the traitor with the fixed-traitor-start option after you've beaten the game at least once.

As for her never being randomly selected... We did tinker behind the scenes to try and stop her from being selected for players who hadn't beaten the game yet, since dealing with a traitor Rowan is pretty tough if you're new at the game. It -should- still be possible for her to be selected, though...

somestrangecircus

#3 Postby somestrangecircus » Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:29 pm

I also have never had Rowan as the traitor.

Mystified

#4 Postby Mystified » Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:13 pm

hanako wrote:If you have the latest versions of the game you should be able to select her as the traitor with the fixed-traitor-start option after you've beaten the game at least once.

As for her never being randomly selected... We did tinker behind the scenes to try and stop her from being selected for players who hadn't beaten the game yet, since dealing with a traitor Rowan is pretty tough if you're new at the game. It -should- still be possible for her to be selected, though...

Thanks! The fixed traitor option worked after I had completed the game. :)

Kelibath

#5 Postby Kelibath » Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:39 am

I had Rowan as my traitor as far back as May 2015 - haven't seen her again, though, maybe the tweaks went just a bit too far?
I also couldn't work out how to keep her around. I avoided game over, but lost her as officer.

Return to “Black Closet”