althea and the lockbox?

Solve mysteries by ordering your Student Council minions into investigations. A schoolgirl noir RPG-style adventure!
daviepoo

althea and the lockbox?

#1 Postby daviepoo » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:35 pm

So, I played through three times, and I'm curious about the lockbox you have to guard.

When you get Althea's dialog, it seems either she quits, or she steals the money. Is there a third path where you don't lose her, but you save the money?

skydragonwings

Re: althea and the lockbox?

#2 Postby skydragonwings » Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:18 pm

As far as I remember, I've always assigned her to guard it when she asks and the only results I've gotten are the guarding succeeds and it's fine or it fails and the money gets stolen, but there's no indication Althea did it.

I actually don't think I've ever refused to let her guard it (generally because I want to get some loyalty back). Does she quit entirely or steal the money if you don't?

Darksilverhawk

#3 Postby Darksilverhawk » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:38 pm

From memory here, but it is possible for her to actually guard the box. The main problem is that unless you have raised her stats, she tends to fail the check. Stick an extra girl with her if you can.

somestrangecircus

#4 Postby somestrangecircus » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:30 am

Althea's Observation stat isn't very high on its own, so that may be what's failing if you're sticking her by herself. I don't ever recall seeing an indication that she was stealing the money.

daviepoo

#5 Postby daviepoo » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:18 am

Thanks! I never noticed if her stat check simply failed. Is there any indication of who steals it?

somestrangecircus

#6 Postby somestrangecircus » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:32 pm

I personally believe that Miss Talmage hired someone to steal it back to get Elsa in trouble, but I don't think it's ever confirmed.

phoenixgirl

#7 Postby phoenixgirl » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:41 pm

somestrangecircus wrote:I personally believe that Miss Talmage hired someone to steal it back to get Elsa in trouble, but I don't think it's ever confirmed.

Yeah, I actually think that as well but then I always wonder why Althea would volunteer to guard the money.

Anyway, whenever she requested it, I always agreed but then I never bothered to actually assign her to guard it. I didn't lose any loyalty points with her, though.
Please help and support me here.

hanako
Site Admin

#8 Postby hanako » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:15 am

I always wonder why Althea would volunteer to guard the money.

There should be a scene before that which hints about why...

There should also be a scene on one particular character route where someone gets accused of stealing the money, but it's not Althea (and not necessarily true either, just saying there's a scene.)

Franka

#9 Postby Franka » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:36 am

Poor Rowan...

Return to “Black Closet”