1.2+ - Create Your Own Minions

Solve mysteries by ordering your Student Council minions into investigations. A schoolgirl noir RPG-style adventure!
Spiky Caterpillar

Re: New Beta - 1.2+ - Create Your Own Minions

#16 Postby Spiky Caterpillar » Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:35 pm

Thanks, I'll look into it.

(The custom directory is *intended* to work, but it's possible there's a mistake in the code. Searching the computer for directories named 'custom' may help.)

hanako
Site Admin

#17 Postby hanako » Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:49 pm

When you try to load images from a file, does the screen you get show the starter characters (elsa, elodie, and blond girl) that are supposed to be in the custom directory?

If they do show up, then there should be a custom directory holding those files somewhere on your computer. If you don't see any files in the display at all, then something's wrong.

Darksilverhawk

#18 Postby Darksilverhawk » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:13 pm

On the topic of the custom folder, I would also like to bring it to your attention that it ended up in Users\_____\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\BlackCloset after an upgrade from the demo for this Windows 7 user (and I believe it did the same thing on my 8.1/10 machine but I'd have to double check). It's not a problem for me since I have AppData unhidden, but it might be a problem for the less computer savvy.

hanako
Site Admin

#19 Postby hanako » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:01 pm

Yeah, it is unfortunately likely to end up in a slightly difficult location for computer-confused people to reach. For technical reasons we can't use the actual game folder, because this can cause permissions havoc on Windows due to all their protections around Program Files, so we have to go under the documents-and-settings hierarchy somewhere and "with the saved games" seemed like a reasonable approach.

Return to “Black Closet”