Updates (versions 1.1 to 1.1.19) - Includes EASY MODE

Solve mysteries by ordering your Student Council minions into investigations. A schoolgirl noir RPG-style adventure!
Cerberusia

Re: New Beta content + bugfixes (post 1.1) - Includes EASY M

#16 Postby Cerberusia » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:20 am

Easy Mode definitely works better for me. In the first term it gives me a case every Monday, then in the following terms (I want to say the next two, but I've suddenly remembered that it's American and might have the semester system) I get a case every Monday and Wednesday. I did clear the game on Normal, but found it too difficult to be really enjoyable; Teacher's Pet is much more my speed, thank you Hanako!

Spiky Caterpillar

1.1.17 changelog

#17 Postby Spiky Caterpillar » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:09 am

1.1.17 is in beta with an assortment of minor changes:
* Fixed some load/unsuspend errors.
* Better handling of crashes that occur during load.
* Cleaned up a stray pixel on student smallcards in some downscaled resolutions.
* Better debugging info if encryption fails.
* Controllers now print fewer debugging messages.

(Behind the scenes, there's been a lot of work on custom councillor mode.)

Fiogan

#18 Postby Fiogan » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:56 am

Long time lurker and fan of Hanako Games - I think I've played them all, to date. I've played through Black Closet on both Normal and Easy modes now, and enjoyed Easy best just because I could concentrate on the story. I love the characters and the dynamic plot. So many mysteries, on so many levels.

I found a few errors and typos in my last play-through:
(Note, the browser ate my original reply, so I'm going to try to recreate them from memory)
1. 'got a an 87 on the test' in Suspicious Similarities.
2. I found that in Easy mode, it was actually harder to identify the traitor than in Normal mode. In Normal mode, I usually knew who it was by the end of three weeks. In Easy, the numbers were more ambiguous, and so were the amount of lemons coming from Supplies. It'd be nice if at least the lemons were consistent in Easy mode.
3. Several of the cases clocked in at eight or nine days, when I actually solved them after two or three. The specific case numbers were eaten when the browser/forum page died, sorry.
4. When I soothed all the nervous test-takers before midterm, after I calmed the last one there was no notification of any kind, no change in my brownie points, nothing, even though the case file had disappeared from the screen.

hanako
Site Admin

#19 Postby hanako » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:57 am

Will check on the 'a an', thanks.

There should be no difference in lemons or ambiguousness between normal and easy, only the luck of the dice. However, the lower number of cases gives you fewer opportunities to see the traitor in action.

3. Several of the cases clocked in at eight or nine days, when I actually solved them after two or three.

Not sure what you mean here - do you mean it said Time +8 Days? That means that you solved the case with 8 days remaining on the clock, not that it took you 8 days to solve it.

When I soothed all the nervous test-takers before midterm, after I calmed the last one there was no notification of any kind, no change in my brownie points, nothing, even though the case file had disappeared from the screen.

This is normal, since it's not really a case, exactly, it's a special event. Doing absolutely nothing on that 'case' also won't get you a failure or any rep/karma loss.

Darksilverhawk

#20 Postby Darksilverhawk » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:54 pm

In the hallway scenes (I noticed it when inviting girls to do stuff on the weekend) the bottom black bar in art style 2 is very slightly misaligned; there's a one pixel bar of the background peeking through on the left.

Spiky Caterpillar

1.1.19 changelog

#21 Postby Spiky Caterpillar » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:48 pm

Changes between 1.1.17 and 1.1.19:
Closing the slave ring case now clears the 'Slave Offering?' tag from locations. (If you're using saves started in older versions, reused locations may still get the wrong note.)
Crash closing the slave ring case in 1.1.18 fixed.
A bug that would cause the options screen to show the wrong difficulty under some circumstances has been fixed.
Saves that contain screens not present in the current version now give warnings instead of crashing on load.

The way saves and tracebacks are encrypted has been tweaked; this may make some large saves that wouldn't upload before now upload. (At least some large saves still don't upload when encrypted, though, so we'll be revisiting this)

Return to “Black Closet”