Am I dense...? How to get the romances...

Solve mysteries by ordering your Student Council minions into investigations. A schoolgirl noir RPG-style adventure!
taupou

Am I dense...? How to get the romances...

#1 Post by taupou » Sun May 31, 2015 7:49 am

I've played through the game twice, once choosing Mallory as Harvest Queen and once choosing Thais. Neither time did I get to have a "romance" with them, despite trying to steer it in that direction. I'm wondering if I am dense about it (maybe I just am not sending the right hints with my responses..? not being pushy enough?) or is there some game mechanic I am missing (perhaps their loyalty has to be a certain level before I start the "path" by choosing them as a Harvest Queen?..? Any general tips?

Also, it seems my "mole" was the same girl both times. Is this coincidence, or does something in the game mechanic shape who becomes the mole (i.e., loyalty levels) or is it random? Based on what I've read here, one can get different girls as the moles. Does that influence the romance/friendship options?

skydragonwings

Re: Am I dense...? How to get the romances...

#2 Post by skydragonwings » Sun May 31, 2015 9:43 am

Mallory and Thais are minors, meaning you can only pursue friendship with them (though it just might be possible to kiss one of them). With any of the other three as your Harvest Queen, the dialogue choices that push the relationship into romance should be fairly clear.

The mole is randomly selected each time. Who it is doesn't affect which characters are romanceable and which aren't, though in some cases it does significantly affect the way your chosen romance goes.

Franka

#3 Post by Franka » Sun May 31, 2015 3:58 pm

taupou wrote:I've played through the game twice, once choosing Mallory as Harvest Queen and once choosing Thais. Neither time did I get to have a "romance" with them, despite trying to steer it in that direction.
You did the exact same thing I did! Sadly, these two are off limits romantically.

taupou

#4 Post by taupou » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:39 am

Aha.. ok... that makes sense, sort of... after some googling, it seems that state "statutory rape" laws seem to differ quite a bit... so it probably wouldn't be illegal everywhere. Also, I guess I went along with the choices thinking romance is not necessary sexual, haha (how naive, right?!) Well, well!

hanako
Site Admin

#5 Post by hanako » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:01 pm

Hehe. Well, relationships don't have to be sexual, of course, but people do still get upset about older folks dating younger folks, and I wanted to address that head-on for once. If you google for high school senior dating a freshman, you'll get very mixed results, everything from it being completely normal, to it being the most common pairing, to it being frowned upon, to people being arrested over it.

And of course, while Elsa's only 18 by the end of the game, many players are a good deal older. If Elsa and Mallory got up to the same sort of things that Mallory and Brian got up to... I'd probably be in trouble.

You can still get quite close with both girls, though - if you get all the CGs you should have an armful of Mallory wiggling in your lap, and a kiss from Thais. You can still have relationships with them, even if they're not explicitly romantic.