pre 1.1 beta information

Solve mysteries by ordering your Student Council minions into investigations. A schoolgirl noir RPG-style adventure!
Ren

Re: Current Beta information - Bug reports, fixes, and addit

#31 Postby Ren » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:50 pm

If you finish all the cases, does the game not provide new ones?

I had this happen a couple of times on my current play through - by the 22nd of September it happened twice, then I had a meeting with Talmage and the 23rd I still had no new case. Then it was the week-end. It's just a bit weird that it would happen, is all.

(I did have a few starts because I wasn't happy with my strategy, so I might have got a bit better but I wonder whether it's intended to work this way?)

grommile

#32 Postby grommile » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:09 pm

The game provides cases at a fixed rate. If you finish a case early, you have some time to dissipate Stress and raid the supply closet.

Franka

#33 Postby Franka » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:14 pm

Later on, I'm pretty sure you get new cases at once, but (somewhat) early on, you can finish everything and have free days to spare.

hanako
Site Admin

#34 Postby hanako » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:23 pm

There's never anything set to trigger when you finish cases, but in semester 2 cases start on both Monday and Wednesday, so your chances of having any free time become very slim.

Ren

#35 Postby Ren » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:33 pm

Understood!

The first time around I played I was so overwhelmed and the cases kept piling on me, it was a nightmare! So I was wondering if something changed and if it was going to go on that way.

Additionally, I got a crash (uploaded) just after inviting Althea to the movies. She doesn't like me, I get it, but a crash is a bit of an extreme measure to avoid me. :/

*sulks*

Franka

#36 Postby Franka » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:56 pm

hanako wrote:There's never anything set to trigger when you finish cases, but in semester 2 cases start on both Monday and Wednesday, so your chances of having any free time become very slim.

That must mean I solve a lot of cases in two days later on. :)

Spiky Caterpillar

1.0.20 changelog

#37 Postby Spiky Caterpillar » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:47 am

Mostly crash fixes today:
* Yet another crash checking to see if "Just Say No" cases can start fixed. This crash was probably responsible for Vonne deciding she won't take a break no matter how much stress she has, and also the one Althea used to get out of seeing you post-movie.
* Crash gossipping with the star from one of the Delicate Blossom variants fixed.
* Crash fading out of CGs in art mode 2 fixed.
* That last Talmage CG should now be available in art mode 2.
* CG thumbnail for elsa-gendo in art mode 2 cropped to proper size.
* 'Switch art mode' button added to CG gallery.

Darksilverhawk

#38 Postby Darksilverhawk » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:42 am

This is really weird, but when I updated and reloaded my current game, I noticed all my autosaves are suddenly listing as being on Rowan's route when I was actually on Thais's. I'm still on Thais's route, the autosaves are just listing wrong.

(I also came over to say that Thais, despite the game telling me she was out sick on Nov 1st and 2nd, still showed up for cases, but that was before the bugfix. I assume this is related to the other weirdness the Just Say No bug was causing.)

Franka

#39 Postby Franka » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:30 pm

This error is funky. Viewing Rowan feet worship CG in art style 1 (in the gallery), then trying to use the scroll commands, switches to the art style 2 picture.

Franka

#40 Postby Franka » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:35 pm

And now I can't reproduce it.

EDIT: Even funkier. Entering the gallery with art style 2, switching to art style 1, then attempting to scroll Rowan's feet worship CG, switches to art style 2. Loading a game will then also be in art style 2, but going into options will show that you've chosen art style 1.

For ultimate funkiness, Rowan's feet worship in the game will scroll in art style 2, if you've done this.

Spiky Caterpillar

1.0.22.2 changelog

#41 Postby Spiky Caterpillar » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:00 pm

Art set 2 changes:
Saves on Thaïs-path should now have Thaïs' photo.
Credits updated.
The CG Album should behave better, and stop randomly shifting into art style 2.
New art switcher menu in.
Changing the art set now actually changes images that are already on screen instead of waiting for a point where the game re-shows them. (The reason it wasn't working before was that if you change the art set from the preferences, you're actually in another context and just changing temp copies behind the preferences screen.)

Other changes:
The A Delicate Blossom variant where the star's friend is distracting her with constant partying now has a persuade option.
The game should now only let you turn on crypto if GPG is installed.
A slight tweak to platform checking which should fix a (rare) crash in which winboxes complain that uname is not defined.
Unsuspending now keeps the suspension file around as 'unsuspended.bcs' in the save dir, so you can upload any bugged suspended saves (as long as you don't overwrite them with a new suspended save).
Compositing error that gave Althea an extra chin in a couple poses fixed. (This was actually an error in the tool I wrote to optimize png-stacks. Lazy caterpillar is lazy.)

Behind The Scenes:
Some of my debug features have been tweaked.
A bit of cruft in the code cleaned up.
Better handling of students with duplicate names (if they're actually created in-game; hacking your students to have identical names will still do weird things.)

And several of the bugs I introduced in 1.0.21 and 1.0.22 are fixed.

Spiky Caterpillar

1.0.23 changelog:

#42 Postby Spiky Caterpillar » Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:44 am

A couple of harmless warnings on load have been silenced.
The art mode selector now indicates which mode is selected (once you've manually set the mode, that is.)

Darksilverhawk

#43 Postby Darksilverhawk » Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:35 pm

Wait, what? Why can I downgrade to a version that doesn't exist?

(also, there's an unsightly black bar at the bottom of the art style picker.)

hanako
Site Admin

#44 Postby hanako » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:09 pm

I'm confused...

Darksilverhawk wrote:Image
Wait, what? Why can I downgrade to a version that doesn't exist?

Doesn't exist? 1.0.4 is the version currently in the installer, isn't it? It's the stable non-beta version.

(also, there's an unsightly black bar at the bottom of the art style picker.)

Also not sure what you mean - if you mean the black on the bottom of the style2 side, that's because style2 backgrounds are like that? They have lower saturation and black bars on the tops and bottoms, it goes better with the style2 sprites that way.

If you mean something else, can you show a screenshot?

Darksilverhawk

#45 Postby Darksilverhawk » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:23 pm

Oh, that makes sense. I was just confused and momentarily couldn't count.

Yeah, and I meant that bar. It looks really weird, but again, if it's supposed to be like that it's fine.

Return to “Black Closet”