Steam release?

Solve mysteries by ordering your Student Council minions into investigations. A schoolgirl noir RPG-style adventure!
somestrangecircus

Steam release?

#1 Postby somestrangecircus » Fri May 08, 2015 5:22 pm

Will this game be releasing to Steam on launch or shortly after?

It would be super easy to add a beach fandisc as DLC...Just saying.

hanako
Site Admin

Re: Steam release?

#2 Postby hanako » Fri May 08, 2015 5:37 pm

Definitely not.

While I expect to take it to Steam eventually, I can't imagine it would be before fall.

(Also remember, a fandisc is only a thing that would happen if the game turns out popular!)

somestrangecircus

#3 Postby somestrangecircus » Fri May 08, 2015 7:46 pm

Don't worry; I plan to use every bit of my indie game developer noon face powers to promote you.

Carighan

#4 Postby Carighan » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:25 pm

Hrm, from the sound of it this is quite the intentional decision? Has the same decision been made in regards to a gog.com release? I bought LLTQ from there, am now considering Black Closet but figured I'd check whether it's going to be on gog, first.

hanako
Site Admin

#5 Postby hanako » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:39 pm

I don't know if GOG will be interested in carrying it at all, actually, they've been a bit mysterious at times about what games they will and won't accept. They might be okay with Black Closet since it's less anime and more game. They've generally banned visual novels there, and there was a lot of outcry when LLTQ first launched from people thinking it was something pervy!

The biggest difficulty with GOG is that it is more awkward to release updates there, since I can't do it myself and have to package new versions, upload them to GOG, email GOG, wait for one of their staff to go over all the changes, do their own testing, get back to me, have both of us sign off on it...

And so especially with a game like this where a LOT of tweaks are being made (along with the bigger content updates), a GOG release could be a mess. I may ask them about it later when things look likely to be stable for a longer period of time.

In either case, nobody else is getting it until the Custom Character Mode is done, which it isn't yet. :)

Carighan

#6 Postby Carighan » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:34 pm

Ah, well fair enough.

Hrm... hrm... I guess I can still beg for keys later like with LLTQ. :twisted:

Buy time it is!

Gauth

#7 Postby Gauth » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:18 pm

Registered just to say this - will definitely buy it if it comes to Steam.

Return to “Black Closet”