Evil Route Scene Guide (massive spoilers)

Solve mysteries by ordering your Student Council minions into investigations. A schoolgirl noir RPG-style adventure!
hanako
Site Admin

Evil Route Scene Guide (massive spoilers)

#1 Post by hanako » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:01 am

Again, I'm doing this for purposes of testing so people can try to find all the flags. You should probably stay out of this if you haven't already played a lot!

This is a detailed guide to Rowan's B route. (B for Bad? :) )

There are two ways to start it - either picking her as Queen when she is not the mole, or getting her to confess as the mole, choosing her as Queen, and then immediately damaging her loyalty.

If Rowan was the mole, when she asks why you picked her to be Queen, say:
"You're the safest choice"
->"Anyone else would make others jealous"
or
->"I need to keep an eye on you"
Her loyalty should drop, knocking you off her main route and into this one instead.

At the Harvest festival, you should be able to tell whether you've turned to the b route, because she's much less talkative. If you take her to the puppet show and she only says 'Okay', you're on the b route.

At the carnival, she'll continue to be quiet and go along with whatever you want. Her b-path ends here unless you tell her to carry your things and to report to you the next weekend for extra duties.

On the next weekend, you'll get slightly different dialog options based on whether she was the mole or not. (If she wasn't, you can ask her about herself and she mentions the scholarship thing. If she was, you can ask her if this is how she wanted things to work out.)

You should then get a scene with Mallory on November 21st, where she's concerned about Rowan's behavior - or, if Mallory has been expelled, a scene with Vonne. (Tell her you wanted to make friends with Rowan for some backstory)

On December 17th, if Rowan is still at school (that is, NOT poisoned by the Red Mask) you get the kinky boots scene.

On January 7th, if Rowan was your slave but you failed the Red Mask case and she got sick, she comes back, gets angry at Elsa, and quits the council. Permanently. Otherwise, this is when she tells you about Jennifer Hendricks. Refusing to take part in her plan from the start lowers her loyalty and ends the b path.

On January 12th, if you haven't actually planted the evidence for her revenge yet, she comes to your office again and asks you to cancel the whole thing.
"What was that about?" -> "That's all?" ends the B path.
(Asking "What did you do then?" instead gives more backstory.)

If, instead, you completed Rowan's revenge case, you get a scene with her on the 21st. Telling her to serve you will give her a loyalty boost if her loyalty was below 45.

If you're still on the B path, Rowan and Thais will have a minor confrontation around Feb 2nd, if Thais is still at school. Then at around March 8th, you notice Rowan's wearing makeup, and by the end of March someone is stealing your coffee.

Rowan's B path ends, in the epilogue, with either her becoming friends with Jennifer Hendricks or with her leaving the school for good and writing about how much everyone at St. Claudine's sucks. (That outcome happens if she quits the council, or you upset her by saying "That's all?")

somestrangecircus

Re: Evil Route Scene Guide (massive spoilers)

#2 Post by somestrangecircus » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:48 pm

I want 100% completion but I like Rowan too much to mistreat her... :(

Darksilverhawk

#3 Post by Darksilverhawk » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:50 am

Think of it as a character building exercise. Adversity makes you stronger. It's like camping, but with less fighting off bears and more mopping the floor. The point is she'll be alright.

Does Rowan's follow-up scene where she tells you about her father after looking into scholarships occur regardless of whether you've talked to her about her past after the carnival or not? I remember when I saw that scene when I first went through her minion path it was pretty jarring. I briefly wondered if I'd somehow manged to switch paths or something; it was really weird having her suddenly pouring her heart out to me when I'd been consistently treating her like crap.

hanako
Site Admin

#4 Post by hanako » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:55 am

It shouldn't! If it did show up then something may be going wrong somewhere (and thus part of the reason for these guides at this point)

As for treating Rowan like crap - if it helps, she's more consenting to Elsa's treatment than she is to a lot of things a lot of other people have done to her? (That may not help.)

Darksilverhawk

#5 Post by Darksilverhawk » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:04 am

I was wondering if it was a bug! I stupidly didn't keep any saves from that particular play-though, but I'll try to recreate it when I get a chance and see if it happens again. It was quite a while ago so it might have been fixed in the mean-time.

somestrangecircus

#6 Post by somestrangecircus » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:07 am

So if I do get 100% completion where I treat Rowan like crap, can we as compensation have a fandisc where everyone goes to the beach and is happy and no one is ever mistreated?

hanako
Site Admin

#7 Post by hanako » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:42 am

spring break council adventure fandisc could be a thing someday, you never know :)

somestrangecircus

#8 Post by somestrangecircus » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:44 am

Of course, I really just want to see Althea and Mallory in swimsuits. Because everyone wants redheads.

Franka

#9 Post by Franka » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:11 am

I'm crazy about Rowan, but I definitely got the impression that she's quite content being sub to Elsa's domme.

skydragonwings

#10 Post by skydragonwings » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:27 pm

I'm away from my computer until the end of the week, so I can't upload a save right now, but I also got the scholarship/father scene on the evil path.

hanako
Site Admin

#11 Post by hanako » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:35 pm

Yeah, we have a fix for it in an upcoming patch, not out yet. No saves needed, thanks. :)