Case grades?

Solve mysteries by ordering your Student Council minions into investigations. A schoolgirl noir RPG-style adventure!
Darksilverhawk

Case grades?

#1 Post by Darksilverhawk » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:15 pm

What determines what grade you get on cases? I thought it was tied in to reputation/karma loss at first, but I've had cases where I'll take a reputation hit in the middle and still come out with an A. Is it looking at time spent? Information obtained out of information to be discovered?

hanako
Site Admin

Re: Case grades?

#2 Post by hanako » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:10 pm

It's a combination of the things you see on the report card - reputation lost/gained, karma lost/gained, and how much time was remaining before the case would have closed on its own. So if you solve a case really fast, you'll get more points for it.

This is an automated calculation based on easy-to-check variables rather than trying to custom-tune for each case, so some cases will naturally be easier to get a good grade than others. A case that would normally run 7 days, solved on day 1, gives you more bonus than an urgent case which would normally fail in 3 days if you didn't take action.

There is a maximum cap on the time bonus, so if you solve the Steam Tunnels case in the second week of January, you don't get 100 skill points or anything.