Althea Romance Epilogue

Solve mysteries by ordering your Student Council minions into investigations. A schoolgirl noir RPG-style adventure!
skydragonwings

Althea Romance Epilogue

#1 Postby skydragonwings » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:02 pm

I remember reading somewhere on the forum that with a very high romance score, Althea has an epilogue where it's suggested you remain together in some way over the summers. Has anyone managed to trigger that? And does a high romance score mean she won't start flirting with another freshman at the end of the year and will actually interact with you at graduation instead of another girl, or is that unavoidable?

So far I've only managed to get the epilogue where you break up, but plan to meet again at the five-year reunion. My usual strategy with her is to be casually flirty, occasionally sarcastic (if it results in a smirk or hair-tossing pose), but generally overall positive/supportive. I've tried both giving her detention and not doing it after she stays up all night, but it didn't change anything (though I only tried it with one save file).

hanako
Site Admin

Re: Althea Romance Epilogue

#2 Postby hanako » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:49 pm

As of the most recent patch there should be some tweaks to Althea's graduation texts, giving her three different results for how she handles the girl running up to her based on her relationship with you.

Althea's possible route endings are:

you're friends, and you visit her
you're friends, and she writes you but you don't see her until the reunion
you were dating but she dumps you for voodoo girlfriend
you were dating, you break up, but you plan to meet again at the reunion
you were dating and you go off on a cruise together

Getting that last one is pretty hard, possibly too hard. Has anyone seen it?

Spiky Caterpillar

#3 Postby Spiky Caterpillar » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:05 pm

(For reference, Hanako's talking about 0.9.46.2, which was in alpha at the time and is beta as of 42 seconds ago.)

somestrangecircus

#4 Postby somestrangecircus » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:15 am

The only ending with Althea I've gotten is dating, breaking up, and planning to meet at the reunion. It is intriguing to know that there are other possibilities. Must go play again.

Also, is there a possibility of Althea leaving you or something? I do recall one day where she was absent one day, then the next day I was told that she was up all night talking to another girl who "needed a friend", but I never got any further information related to that. Would Althea, like, dump me if I had had a worse relationship with her?

hanako
Site Admin

#5 Postby hanako » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:36 am

Again, contributing for testing purposes, MASSIVE SPOILERS to doing everything you can to win Althea's heart:

Althea responds best to Elsa as a strong equal and an old friend. That's what sets Elsa apart from her swooning fanclub. So while being obviously negative to Althea will lose you points, being wishy-washy or possessive won't impress her either.

Carnival date:
'Tickets. Interested?' +1
'I....' -1
When she asks if you were in her fanclub:
'Not since we were kids' +1
'...' -1
When she talks about being a gangster:
'Heroes, not villains' -> 'Criticising me?' -1
'Outgrew the gang' +1
When she talks about picking from a box of jewels:
'You are what you are' -1
'You lack integrity' -> 'What sort of person am I?' +1

If you find yourself at her door 'out of habit' after being contacted by the Red Mask:
'Checking on you' -1
If you tell her about the Red Mask and don't brush it off with 'just a rumor' or 'don't talk about it', +1

If you're standing at her door and it's closed:
'Knock' -> 'Order you to open!' -1 (And then when she asks you about it later, either denying it or saying it wasn't important loses another point.)

When she comes to talk to you about college acceptances:
(Refusing here ends her path)
'Chase mysteries with me' +1
Lying that you didn't apply to college early -1
'Talmage is holding them hostage' -> 'I have a plan' +1

Going out to dinner:
'Order for both' -> 'Mushroom soup' +1
'Let her order' -1
When she asks about tasting her cooking:
'Are you any good?' +1
'I prefer professionals' -1

When she comes to talk about girls causing Elsa trouble:
'Can you prove you're worth it?' +1 (If you tried to visit the planetarium with her earlier) -> 'Show me what the planetarium is for' +1 (An extra +1 possible if you originally said you only wanted to be friends, and change your mind here)

Planetarium:
'Push her away' -3
'Reciprocate' +1

Senior Skip Day:
'When I choose, not when you do' +1

Birthday:
'I don't want a cake' -1
(Completely refusing to eat it ends her path)
'I have something for you' +1 -> 'A card' -1

Valentine's day:
'Throw them away' -3
'Ignore them' -1

The lakeside date:
'Come with me' +2
'I hear it's nice' +1
When she checks if you're sure, +2 for being sure right away, +1 otherwise.
Extra points for being a little aggressive in this scene. Biting, licking, or pushing her are each +1.

If she gets 'drunk' on caffeine, +1 for not giving her detention.

When she asks about the tattoo:
'Look the other way' -1
'I'd support you' -1
-> 'Thought that's what you wanted' -5
-> 'Wasn't paying attention' +1 (regaining that 1 lost)
Agreeing to go with her is +2. Saying it's your job to tell on her is -3.
'I'll get one too' -3
-> 'Never mind' -3
-> 'I'll watch' +2 (regaining some of what you lost)

Currently, it takes a whopping 15 points to get Althea's 'best' ending. This is partly because I felt like the reunion ending suited her character best. Willing to listen to arguments otherwise.

somestrangecircus

#6 Postby somestrangecircus » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:56 am

Well, I see a few spots where I went wrong. Is which epilogue you get entirely determined by how many points you have with her?

hanako
Site Admin

#7 Postby hanako » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:09 am

On her route, it's points and the romance/friendship flag.

Darksilverhawk

#8 Postby Darksilverhawk » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:17 pm

Not limited solely to Althea, but besides the alternate epilogues, is there ever any benefit to being friends rather than lovers? No secret BFF scenes for anybody or anything?

somestrangecircus

#9 Postby somestrangecircus » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:13 pm

More importantly, when an attractive senior brings you cake for your birthday, why would you refuse to eat it?

hanako
Site Admin

#10 Postby hanako » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:37 pm

I don't think there are any special friends-only scenes other than some epilogue modifications on some paths. Based on how few people ever seem to do Ellen and Virginia's friends-only paths, it doesn't seem worth adding a bunch of stuff for that purpose?

Darksilverhawk

#11 Postby Darksilverhawk » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:08 pm

I don't even care how attractive they are. Who turns down free cake? Bring on the cake!

I was personally a little disappointed to find out that the friendship paths didn't really have anything new when I played (I think partially because you'd offhandedly mentioned friendships as an option somewhere) but I also totally get that I'm probably in the minority and most people wouldn't even go looking for those paths, so I understand why there might not be anything new. Being BFFs with my freshman is its own reward!

hanako
Site Admin

#12 Postby hanako » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:48 pm

If I think of something cool to add I'll stick it in, I'm just not sure what conversations would make sense to have only if you were friends and not involved. :)

Return to “Black Closet”