Black Closet - Beta Testing / Discount Copies

Solve mysteries by ordering your Student Council minions into investigations. A schoolgirl noir RPG-style adventure!
zeru57

Re: Black Closet - Beta Testing / Discount Copies

#16 Postby zeru57 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:28 pm

Last night I had a Cell phone forwarding case with an exhibitionist where I detained her and she apologized and was eliminated as a suspect. After harassing, etc., other girls with the picture, I was down to a single girl who I could question, harass, or stalk, all with no effect. After a while the case closed out with a failure.

Is this a bug, or did I just screw up how I handled the case?

saliere

#17 Postby saliere » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:23 pm

Are the crash logs supposed to save in the Black Closet game folder? If not, where would one end up, and should I post it in this thread if I can find it? My client stopped responding in the middle of uploading.

Spiky Caterpillar

#18 Postby Spiky Caterpillar » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:22 am

saliere wrote:Are the crash logs supposed to save in the Black Closet game folder? If not, where would one end up, and should I post it in this thread if I can find it? My client stopped responding in the middle of uploading.

Crash logs are created in (in order of preference): the directory the game is in (which may not be available on UAC-enabled Windows), the game's current working directory (which is usually the directory the game is in, iirc), or your temp directory.

Spiky Caterpillar

0.9.15 changelog

#19 Postby Spiky Caterpillar » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:36 am

The way random councillors (for the guard action in the tutorial) are created has been changed. This should fix the crashes complaining that RandomCouncillor objects don't have a filename attribute. Under the hood, it changes things so all students now have several of the councillor fields (which will be useful when writing plotless mode later)

A crash if you had Rowan as your slave and then the Red Mask chased her off should be fixed.

Save warnings:
The 'expelled' variable in one of the goth cases should now load.

The 'target_harassment_failed' field will no longer be set (it wasn't being checked anywhere).

The underground case will now be stricter about what students it allows into the steam tunnel target list. This fixes load-time complaints that mayoral candidates aren't really students.

For the last two, if you've got a save that currently displays the warning, loading, re-saving, and re-loading will make the warning go away.

skydragonwings

#20 Postby skydragonwings » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:40 pm

I played the Harvest Queen scene with Mallory again and her first CG is now in my album. Could you remind me which days you get the other CGs on so I can load the right save files quickly to replay them? Thanks!

hanako
Site Admin

#21 Postby hanako » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:42 pm

According to my calendar, Mallory's museum trip happens on Feb 4th, and the party in her room on Mar 3rd.

skydragonwings

#22 Postby skydragonwings » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:38 pm

I replayed and they're all there now.

flwriter124

#23 Postby flwriter124 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:09 am

So I'm out with Thais at the carnival and after the "Where the booths of the school harvest..." paragraph, I got a page that says "Neither girl was the mole <XXX Test>" . After that the scene seems to play normally.

Spiky Caterpillar

0.9.16 changelog

#24 Postby Spiky Caterpillar » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:56 pm

Player-visible changes:
* Custom gossip messages for students from "A Plague On Both Your Houses" added.
* 'Exception: Object type not sanitizable' on load should now give a savegame warning and discard the offending object, instead of crashing. (I'm not sure WHAT object is leaking into saved games, so please upload your saves if you get problems with them.
* Dark lines under cases' log tabs when playing in a 1358x763 window fixed.

Other changes:
* Some loadsave strings now translatable, some old code pulled, errors that occur loading individual students from the gossip-list no longer blank the entire gossip candidate list, part of a progress indicator in uploads in.

Spiky Caterpillar

0.9.25 changelog

#25 Postby Spiky Caterpillar » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:16 pm

* Stray 'Neither girl was the mole - XXX test' message pulled from Thaïs' carnival date.
* Numerous fixes to gossip in the common room, including a big bug that led to the girls with non-standard gossip messages usually just giving default gossip. Of course, since it's now much easier to get non-standard gossip messages, that means it's likely you'll find some interesting new bugs. For a few cases, you'll need to play them over to actually unlock the relevant gossip messages. And all the gossip that wasn't yet in now is.
* A new variant to the steam tunnels case is in.
* Some interaction with your Queen in december no longer available if she's been pulled out of school. (Rowan is not THAT dedicated - also applies to Thais and Vonne)
* And assorted code cleanup.
* New girls no longer come into the food poisoning variant of 'A Plague on Both Your Houses' with stalk buttons.
* Ash Wednesday scene/case in.
* Some missing text exploring the cave added.
* An extra valentine scene added (If you've failed certain romances, someone will send you something.)
* Improvements to the secret society case / political protest variant.
* Translation hooks updated to reset the fonts to the ones Black Closet uses instead of the ones Magical Diary uses when you return to English mode.
* Crash handling screen now accepts hotkeys. (Which are translatable) This makes crashes a lot less annoying for those of us who prefer to play using the keyboard.
* New expulsion animation.
* Crash stalking the senior on the slave offering day in the hazing variant of the secret society fixed.
* Added some controller support improvements for Long Live The Queen - in particular, hats and dpads now work.

Network/crypto changes:
* Uploading now reports progress. This should make it more obvious whether the game's uploading a save slowly or locked up.
* Encrypted upload now works with MacOS, and there's an option to install GPG. Mac users - test this! It works on my test machine but not necessarily others.
* Encryption can now use gpg2.
* Better reporting of errors downloading gpg.
* gpg licenses included.

Loadsave changes:
* Loading no longer complains about checklist_notify.
* A couple bugs that could cause saves to crash on load have been fixed.
* A couple places where load wasn't sanity-checking text have been fixed.

zeru57

#26 Postby zeru57 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:02 pm

0.9.25 is still listed as an alpha update.

hanako
Site Admin

#27 Postby hanako » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:59 pm

Should be showing as beta now.

Cherie0

#28 Postby Cherie0 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:39 am

I wonder if this is feasible to ask? Would it be alright to add a "Hide skip button" option to the game, just like it was done with Long Live The Queen? It isn't a big deal though, if it's not a good idea or something.

Spiky Caterpillar

#29 Postby Spiky Caterpillar » Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:48 pm

Hm. How many people want an option to hide the skip scene button? If enough people want it, I'll put it in the options screen; in the meantime, you should be able to patch the skip scene button out by creating a 'noskip.rpy' with the following code:

Code: Select all

init 9 python:
 def show_skip(*a):
   pass

and dropping it in the game/ directory with the other .rpyc files.

(To re-enable skip if you've patched it out, rename the .rpy to something that does not end in .rpy, and delete noskip.rpyc)

Cherie0

#30 Postby Cherie0 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:13 pm

Spiky Caterpillar wrote:Hm. How many people want an option to hide the skip scene button? If enough people want it, I'll put it in the options screen; in the meantime, you should be able to patch the skip scene button out by creating a 'noskip.rpy' with the following code:

Code: Select all

init 9 python:
 def show_skip(*a):
   pass

and dropping it in the game/ directory with the other .rpyc files.

(To re-enable skip if you've patched it out, rename the .rpy to something that does not end in .rpy, and delete noskip.rpyc)

Thanks! I will do that instead. :)

Return to “Black Closet”