Black Closet - Beta Testing / Discount Copies

Solve mysteries by ordering your Student Council minions into investigations. A schoolgirl noir RPG-style adventure!
Spiky Caterpillar

Re: 0.9.43.1 changelog

#121 Postby Spiky Caterpillar » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:53 am

Crashes during update complaining that 'Updater' object has no attribute 'purge_stale_loose_files_bat' (or purge_stale_loose_files), may be fixed by going into the updater and trying to update a second time.

I'm working on the IncompleteRead, cahedir, and Feedback_ (during bossfight) crashes.

Spiky Caterpillar

0.9.45.4 changelog

#122 Postby Spiky Caterpillar » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:55 am

* Gossipping with neutralized gamblers should no longer give double results.
* Althea will go on break if her loyalty falls to <= her stress when you expel Thaïs.
* Crash gossipping with one of the girls whose test results were misgraded fixed.
* A possibly-unreachable divide-by-zero in the updater is fixed.
* Updater progress bar no longer starts out with 0/-1 bytes.
* Progress bar moved to the bottom of the update window. (I like my moving progress bars, why can't I have them?)
* Patcher changes to allow updates to chmod files executable. (Relevant if ever updating the shell scripts on unices, and when updating from the demo on unices.)
* purge_stale_loose_files_bat() should no longer crash on Windows.
* debug messages trimmed.
* Now tries to cleanly handle httplib.IncompleteRead exceptions when they show up. Note that I've never seen that exception in the wild, so I don't know if my fix actually works.
* The 'cahedir' crash while trying to chmod files has been fixed.
* No longer bothers trying to chmod unix files on Windows.
* Feedback_ crash in bossfight should be fixed.
* Took out the chmod instructions in the patcher config.
* 0.9.45.3 patch.
* Put the chmod instructions back in.

The chmodding fixes make the game incompatible with its own updates. As a result, when you update the game will make you update to 0.9.45.3 first. Once you're in 0.9.45.3 you should be able to upgrade past it. This may also bypass purge_stale_loose_files-related crashes, I haven't tested though.

Franka

Re: 0.9.43.1 changelog

#123 Postby Franka » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:54 am

Spiky Caterpillar wrote:Crashes during update complaining that 'Updater' object has no attribute 'purge_stale_loose_files_bat' (or purge_stale_loose_files), may be fixed by going into the updater and trying to update a second time.

I got it updated to 0.9.45.3, but sorry, but no matter how many times I try, I get an error when trying to update to 0.9.45.4

Spiky Caterpillar

Re: Black Closet - Beta Testing / Discount Copies

#124 Postby Spiky Caterpillar » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:39 am

Franka (and anyone else getting 'TypeError: object of type 'int' has no len()' when updating on Windows: Try switching into alpha mode and updating to 0.9.46.2. (It should make you update to 0.9.46.1; you should then be able to update from 0.9.46.1 to 0.9.46.2.)

Franka

#125 Postby Franka » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:54 am

I can get it to 0.9.46.1, when upgrading to 0.9.46.2 I get an error:

Spiky Caterpillar

#126 Postby Spiky Caterpillar » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:13 pm

Hm, there seems to be a bug in the patch signer - it seems to have left the RPA out. Try now?

Franka

#127 Postby Franka » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:34 pm

Thank you, works now.

Spiky Caterpillar

0.9.46.2 changelog

#128 Postby Spiky Caterpillar » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:16 pm

Althea's graduation scene changed slightly.
You should now actually get an 'Althea is absent due to stress' message if Althea loses loyalty because she's mad about you expelling Thaïs and the new loyalty is <= her stress.
Loading saves now limits the script locations they can jump to. (This is a prerequisite for safely transferring saves over the network.)
A crash in purge_stale_loose_files_bat fixed. (This would block updating .rpa files on Windows.) When updating, the game will make you update to 0.9.46.1 first; once you're in 0.9.46.1, you should be able to update to 0.9.46.2.

Spiky Caterpillar

0.9.48.4 changelog

#129 Postby Spiky Caterpillar » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:23 am

Big changes:
* Archive update improved. It now pulls in loose files that were moved into the archive instead of re-downloading a second copy of them; it no longer crashes if an update contains a .rpa that you didn't have an old version of. Updater crashes referencing 'catalog_contains_file', 'present', and 'purge_stale_loose_files_bat' fixed. Since the updater has changed, the game will make you update to 0.9.48.3 first to pull in the new updater code.
* The sprites have been optimized (they're now made by pasting images together, which shaves around 20 megs off the fullbuild.). Be on the lookout for seams in sprites (we haven't seen them, but.)

Other changes:
* The CGs are now archived.
* A debugging message when you dump Vonne early removed.
* When easter eggs mode is on, Mallory's birthday scene goes slightly differently; the game no longer randomly replaces weekends with plot-breaking Elf Fortress games.
* Home and End work in the debugging console.
* Ryan no longer in names list.
* Some text cleanup.
* Loading saves made at the end of the demo should work. (Not that the demo's been released yet, but...)
* Debug messages trimmed.
* Registration key entry screen prettified, handles visible keyboard better (and no longer leaves the visible keyboard up while you're downloading updates.)
* Tracebacks for crashes when loading a file now include the save.
* The scene where Rowan talks to you about her father should no longer show up if you're on her slave path.
* Couple possible debugging messages when loading a save fixed.
* Saves now omit some information that will be discarded upon load.
* When Talmage tells you to not have too much fun in Feb, she should now actually fade out.
* Presplash screen added (since the game takes a while to start)
* Slight perm cleanup.
* Detention feedback/logging in the nude photos case cleaned up.
* Added and fixed several new bugs that should only have been seen if you're using the alpha.

somestrangecircus

#130 Postby somestrangecircus » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:36 am

After this patch, I'm occasionally seeing something odd in A Suspicious Similarity. The case file says every girl got the same grade, but when I question them, three of the girls will say they had the same grade and one will say they had a completely different grade. Is this a bug?

somestrangecircus

#131 Postby somestrangecircus » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:43 am

Never mind...I think I figured out what it was. Let's just say it ended up matching with the case.

hanako
Site Admin

#132 Postby hanako » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:47 am

The case file says a large number of girls got the same grade and gives you several girls to investigate - but not necessarily every girl.

(So no, this is not a bug, it's always worked that way. In some case variants, there is an outlier, and she has her own reasons for that! :) )

somestrangecircus

#133 Postby somestrangecircus » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:59 am

Yeah, she certainly did! I had never gotten that particular instance before so I wasn't sure.

somestrangecircus

#134 Postby somestrangecircus » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:07 am

So um...This is happening...

Those actions on the left are my actions from the previous Friday. Uploaded traceback.

UPDATE: Also, the case from Ash Wednesday appears to be permanently stuck in my case log a month later; I tried Guarding at the event and I was successful, but the case didn't go away.

UPDATE 2: Literally two minutes after I posted that, the case solved itself.

Spiky Caterpillar

#135 Postby Spiky Caterpillar » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:38 am

The 'NoneType has no attribute 'name'' crash that's keeping Ash Wednesday should be fixed in 0.9.50 (not yet up). (Presumably that's why the actions are persisting across the day boundary, because the python block stops when the crash occurs.)

Return to “Black Closet”