Black Closet - Beta Testing / Discount Copies

Solve mysteries by ordering your Student Council minions into investigations. A schoolgirl noir RPG-style adventure!
somestrangecircus

Re: Black Closet - Beta Testing / Discount Copies

#91 Post by somestrangecircus » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:09 am

The issue seems to be having the encryption box checked at all before you have the GPG software installed. I seem able to fix it by checking "Never encrypt anything" then downloading the GPG encryption software; it installed successfully. I switched it back to encrypt. Will update if I get another error when trying to upload a traceback.

Spiky Caterpillar

0.9.38 changelog

#92 Post by Spiky Caterpillar » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:55 am

* Fixed the 'lurky' crash when you Set A Trap.
* Debug messages trimmed.
somestrangecircus wrote:I got this error while doing something on a case

http://i.imgur.com/NKnm9g0.jpg?1
This one was fixed in 0.9.28.

silentheartsong

#93 Post by silentheartsong » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:58 am

Yup, I got mine all patched up. Thanks!

Spiky Caterpillar

0.9.40 changelog

#94 Post by Spiky Caterpillar » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:22 am

* Althea now has slightly fewer thumbs in one of her poses. (Also, graphic optimization.)
* Cleaner handling of attempts to upload a buggy save if you enabled encryption but did not install GnuPG. (Now gives you options to install GnuPG or skip and upload without encryption just this once.)
* A crash trying to install GnuPG on Linux is fixed. Note that installing GnuPG on Linux from inside the game will not actually *work* - at the moment, I assume Linux users probably have GnuPG installed systemwide already and would rather install it using their package manager than download a spiky binary build. If this isn't the case, someone will need to correct me.
* Althea is now less flaky if she likes you in January.
* Elsa no longer has an option to let Althea blow off initial tea on the weekend.
* A crash gossipping with one of the girls from one Shock to the System variant fixed.
* Successful gossip with overly suggestible girl from illness case should now have articles on location names.
* I suppose Gregorio shouldn't be in the names list. Until I add a moustache overlay to random students, that is.

hanako
Site Admin

#95 Post by hanako » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:41 am

For slightly more detailed Althea spoilers -

If her loyalty is high enough, Althea will no longer automatically bail out on you in the second semester. The main reason for this is that knowing ahead of time that she's a flake forces you into a single optimised gameplay path, which is less interesting than having meaningful choices, and sort of unfair to a first-time player who puts all their loyalty on Althea only to lose it.

She's still likely to ditch you. But if you built her loyalty up high enough, she won't.

This gives you multiple strategies for dealing with her - ignore her completely and let her go so you can build up the others, or put extra time and effort into her just to keep her around in semester 2?

Spiky Caterpillar

0.9.42.1 changelog

#96 Post by Spiky Caterpillar » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:24 pm

* Updater changes to support updating from the demo version (not yet released) to the full version.
* Cell Phone Madness (nudes variant) should now be slightly easier to close.
* A couple of new case variants have been added. (A cheating case and a drugs case).
* Code cleanup.

skydragonwings

Re: 0.9.42.1 changelog

#97 Post by skydragonwings » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:03 pm

In a nudes variant of Cell Phone Madness, I made a culprit beg forgiveness by giving her detention, at which point her name appeared as %(target)s.

somestrangecircus

#98 Post by somestrangecircus » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:08 pm

Same thing happened to me...I took a screenshot but it's on my computer at home.

skydragonwings

#99 Post by skydragonwings » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:10 pm

Seems like it's pretty consistent, it happened to me again later in the game.

skydragonwings

#100 Post by skydragonwings » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:16 pm

At the end of election week, when Mallory was already gone due to campaigning, she was wounded due to an explosion in Shock to the System. The injury still applied on Monday the next week, but both "wounded" and "campaigning" were listed as reasons for her absence. On Tuesday, the injury was gone, but she was still marked as somehow campaigning for an election that was already over, so she was unavailable. on Wednesday she was back to normal.

hanako
Site Admin

#101 Post by hanako » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:24 am

Will definitely look at it when we bump next - Spiky's currently working on a THING to make the demo possible.

somestrangecircus

#102 Post by somestrangecircus » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:26 pm

If it helps, here is a screenshot. It would seem my circumstances were the same as skydragonwings.

NG14916

#103 Post by NG14916 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:02 pm

When Vonne is talking to you about medical insurance, she says "the perqs of power." Unless this is a joke that I just didn't get, it should be "perks."

somestrangecircus

#104 Post by somestrangecircus » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:07 pm

I think it's an alternate spelling, but yeah, that threw me at first too.

Miakoda

#105 Post by Miakoda » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:44 pm

NG14916 wrote:When Vonne is talking to you about medical insurance, she says "the perqs of power." Unless this is a joke that I just didn't get, it should be "perks."
Actually, perq is a proper usage of the term. Comes from the word perquisite (it is a real word, and it does mean privilege). I know in the US it is normally spelled perk, but I have seen the perq usage.