Black Closet - Beta Testing / Discount Copies

Solve mysteries by ordering your Student Council minions into investigations. A schoolgirl noir RPG-style adventure!
somestrangecircus

Re: Black Closet - Beta Testing / Discount Copies

#76 Post by somestrangecircus » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:30 am

Yay! My master plan can be implemented.

Incidentally, you may have noticed that I'm reviewing your games every so often? My plan was to purchase Black Closet tomorrow (payday) and play for the last bit of the beta, then give you a review once the game is released. Because lesbians and mysteries sound like fun.

Spiky Caterpillar

0.9.37 changelog

#77 Post by Spiky Caterpillar » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:30 am

* Error message saving guarded_successfully for the case variant where girls are sneaking out fixed.
* A bug that would cause "Vandalised" tags from a previous case to show up when the location is reused in other cases fixed. Note that the tag is cleared when the vandalism case is closed, so when using saves from older versions you may still get the extra tag.
* The crash I created fixing that last bug also fixed.
* Minor typo talking to Rowan (The 'as' when she said 'remember me as a crybaby' was missing) fixed.
* Minions absent due to illness maxing their stress are now reported as absent due to illness rather than stress.
* Captions at the top when performing actions now better centered, have 'the' in the appropriate places.
* The help has been tweaked slightly, and now includes icon images. Note that the updater can't change files outside BlackCloset.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/ on Mac, so if you want the new helpfile you'll need to copy BlackCloset.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/README.html over the one alongside the app.
* A Rowan-path scene on November 26th is now actually accessible.
* Some unused code deleted, comments cleaned up, and debug messages trimmed.
* Losing the final confrontation a specific way should work better.

hanako
Site Admin

#78 Post by hanako » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:00 pm

Currently considering a big feature addition.

However, if we want it in at launch, this will push the launch back by a good way.

Not entirely sure what to do with that.

Will post more information in a while. :)

Darksilverhawk

#80 Post by Darksilverhawk » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:32 pm

You can't tease us like that and not even give us a hint!

somestrangecircus

#81 Post by somestrangecircus » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:33 pm

There is the previously mentioned make your own character mode; maybe that's it?

hanako
Site Admin

#82 Post by hanako » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:00 pm

This is something different.

I will tease more effectively when the chances of it existing are higher.

somestrangecircus

#83 Post by somestrangecircus » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:29 am

For a grade on one case, I got an asterisk.

It was a Missing Items case; I solved it by finding the lost item in the last place the person had seen it. I solved it the first day and got +5 Karma and +5 Training Skill points for it.

hanako
Site Admin

#84 Post by hanako » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:37 am

Yes, that's a star, it's the highest rating you can get on a case.

hanako
Site Admin

#87 Post by hanako » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:40 am

Please use the 'upload traceback' button to submit errors to Spiky so that they're properly filed in his system and he can check the line numbers. :)

(Also, from your screenshot, it looks like you have not used the updater to get the latest beta. Many bugs may already have been patched!)

somestrangecircus

#88 Post by somestrangecircus » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:43 am

I just bought it today; I thought that would have gotten me all the patches. I'll look for the updater.

And when I tried to upload it, it asked me to install something, and when I tried to do so, I got caught in a loop where it kept giving me a similar error to the previous one.

hanako
Site Admin

#89 Post by hanako » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:57 am

Re-uploading the entire set of three installers at 100MB+ each every single time there's a new 5K patch doesn't really work all that well; by the time I can manage to finish uploading them all we probably already have another patch written! I bump them when I can, but during beta they will tend to lag behind.

We WILL look at any errors posted here, it just saves time when people upload them because they're automatically filed.

However, if trying to upload the traceback gave you an error as well, it was probably a different error, and posting screenshots of THAT error might be useful! There are a lot of little quirks in getting all the security and encryption stuff working for the first time and we're still trying to find the snags that people are likely to run into so we can give better advice.

somestrangecircus

#90 Post by somestrangecircus » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:02 am

Well, I just lost my game, so I'll have to get back to that point...If I get that error again I'll take a screenshot.